Pearl Cohn

Milan

Semifinal Winners...

Alcoa

Milan

Championship

Alcoa - 24

Milan - 0

Ayyyyy....not too bad of predictions by a guy from Gibson Co. I went 15-1 this week on my predictions. I picked Tyner to upset Polk and it didn't happen.

Edited by GCPioneer

I went 15-1. Picked El to upset SC even though I was at the game and pulling for SC. Only picked EL becasue you have to pick some upsets to win and I thought this one was my best chance a picking an upset no one else was picking. I was one play from 16-0.

More than glad to be 15-1 if it is because SC wins.

I went 15-1. Picked El to upset SC even though I was at the game and pulling for SC. Only picked EL becasue you have to pick some upsets to win and I thought this one was my best chance a picking an upset no one else was picking. I was one play from 16-0.

More than glad to be 15-1 if it is because SC wins.

Nah...you picked EL because you thought they would win. You know it...and so do I. Go ahead & pick PC too.

Nah...you picked EL because you thought they would win. You know it...and so do I. Go ahead & pick PC too.

What part of:"Only picked EL becasue you have to pick some upsets to win and I thought this one was my best chance a picking an upset no one else was picking" do you not understand? FACT:Everybody in the contest picked SC. FACT:They were 7th seed, so it would have been an upset if they had won. FACT: OBVIOUSLY, I thought they had a chance to win, and they almost did. FACT: I would much rather lose the contest than see SC lose. My feeling was screw the contest if it means SC wins. I made my picks based on what I thought could happen, not what I wanted to happen. I learned that by being a Vanderbilt fan all my life. You will note I also picked Goodpasture over CPA, but was hoping CPA could pull it out.

You have read my posts for a few years and you know I do not post on emotion, but analysis. I thought SC might be upset because they had not seen the speed that EL had yet in the season. The EL speed did hurt SC, but SC overcame that speed with the best pitch/catch game they have had all year, depth and freshness in the 2nd half, forcing EL to run inside, and guts.

What part of:"Only picked EL becasue you have to pick some upsets to win and I thought this one was my best chance a picking an upset no one else was picking" do you not understand? FACT:Everybody in the contest picked SC. FACT:They were 7th seed, so it would have been an upset if they had won. FACT: OBVIOUSLY, I thought they had a chance to win, and they almost did. FACT: I would much rather lose the contest than see SC lose. My feeling was screw the contest if it means SC wins. I made my picks based on what I thought could happen, not what I wanted to happen. I learned that by being a Vanderbilt fan all my life. You will note I also picked Goodpasture over CPA, but was hoping CPA could pull it out.

You have read my posts for a few years and you know I do not post on emotion, but analysis. I thought SC might be upset because they had not seen the speed that EL had yet in the season. The EL speed did hurt SC, but SC overcame that speed with the best pitch/catch game they have had all year, depth and freshness in the 2nd half, forcing EL to run inside, and guts.

FACT: You picked EL because you thought they would win. Hey...that's okay. We all knew it would be a good game...and it was. If you don't want to admit it...that's okay too. I might have picked EL too...but I doubt it. That's not on emotion either. I did not account for 2 kickoff returns. SC does not give up many...and had not given up even a long return all year. EL hit 2 big plays...I expected that too.

I knew SC would be able to pass...and they did. I didn't expect 354 yards... :D

FACT (ADVICE): If you don't want to be ridiculed...don't pick against one (or both) of your supposed teams in a pick 'em contest for all to see. ;) You have a no win situation.

Gerry Bertier's 3A Playoff Pick Em- 1st Round Results

Name 1st Round

polkalumni 16

sportsnut84 16

smokinote 16

howdoitknow2 15

CPA4EVER 15

GCPioneer 15

volcamry42 15

harley2004 15

BulldogFan #2 15

bd03 15

Gerry Bertier 14

DefMinded 14

rcombs 14

warhorse 14

Solomon 14

Omniscience 14

budkilmer 14

NEEDFORSPEED 14

curiousdave 14

DSM10 14

FVHSJACKETS9 14

BowdenBoy111 13

CycloneCyclone 13

polkalumn01 13

ballbasher30 12

gobulldogs 12

I would have to say this was the best first round in history in terms of correct picks. I contribute that to not really having any upsets. After this week, we should start to see some separation between contestants. Good job guys. :thumb: