buzz around roan mtn the fix is in birchfield new head coach next year

chsfan1909

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recomemd Mike Lunsford, might take a couple of years ,but the South would arise again. Don't think Paul Bear Bryant , could do much with iy next year, Its looking pretty bleak to me.

Its going to take alot to rebuild cloudland's program to where it was Pujo,personally I would love to see your brother back there coaching,but I don't see that happening.It would probably take a couple years even for him to rebuild but once he got reestablished I think it would be back to the good old days.I don't see Hampton letting him get away anytime soon though with all the success they have been enjoying.

Its going to take alot to rebuild cloudland's program to where it was Pujo,personally I would love to see your brother back there coaching,but I don't see that happening.It would probably take a couple years even for him to rebuild but once he got reestablished I think it would be back to the good old days.I don't see Hampton letting him get away anytime soon though with all the success they have been enjoying.

I agree, next year would be a challenge for anyone. I do see the potential for Cloudland to be really strong in the near future, but when you start getting dominated by some and even the weaker teams are hard to beat, its hard to build a program. Basketball seems to be the answer at Cloudland . I'm afraid the type of football we learned to love at Cloudland is all in our history. It wouldn't suprise me in the least if some of the better football players went to another nearby school. One or 2 at the present time would cripple the whole program. I can't say I could blame um. A few of these boys have worked their tails off,and the reward don't look very good.

I agree, next year would be a challenge for anyone. I do see the potential for Cloudland to be really strong in the near future, but when you start getting dominated by some and even the weaker teams are hard to beat, its hard to build a program. Basketball seems to be the answer at Cloudland . I'm afraid the type of football we learned to love at Cloudland is all in our history. It wouldn't suprise me in the least if some of the better football players went to another nearby school. One or 2 at the present time would cripple the whole program. I can't say I could blame um. A few of these boys have worked their tails off,and the reward don't look very good.

The way it is now, I am concerned that Cloudland will lose some players. More than likely, they would be very good platers. If Coach Mike went back, players would gradually transfer to Cloudland fr7opm other schools.

I think we will be pretty dadgum competitive next year. May be wrong,who can say? We were actually pretty darn YOUNG this year,especially on the line after the injury bug had his say.Between injuries and a susp.,we started 2 soph's and a frosh in several games.(the only one it REALLY showed in was the Hampton game) Actually, Childress at RB and Whitehead at Qb were both sophs too.I've talked to 4 other kids that didn't come out as fresh. last year and they deeply regreted it,said they would be out next year.I believe our overall talent will be a bit better NEXT year. Chambers,Jordan,and Overbay are all very good asst.'s who work hard for these boys. Been very impressed with them this year. They have demonstrated they are passionate about this school and these young men being the best they can be. I think we finally have the supporting staff in place to do something.Whoever the Head coach is these guys will make sure the boys we do have are working hard this offseason. More important:The kids we have next year have some SELF DISCIPLINE about them,and are willing to put in the offseason work it takes. All this doom and gloom is getting to me so I'm out of here.By the way rumors are NOT facts. Until I hear it from the horse's mouth I'm going with that old saying;None of what you hear and half of what you see. Till then come watch the HAmpton/Cloudland round ball teams in action.Hampton's loaded and my Landers will have a few surprises in store guarenteed.

I think we will be pretty dadgum competitive next year. May be wrong,who can say? We were actually pretty darn YOUNG this year,especially on the line after the injury bug had his say.Between injuries and a susp.,we started 2 soph's and a frosh in several games.(the only one it REALLY showed in was the Hampton game) Actually, Childress at RB and Whitehead at Qb were both sophs too.I've talked to 4 other kids that didn't come out as fresh. last year and they deeply regreted it,said they would be out next year.I believe our overall talent will be a bit better NEXT year. Chambers,Jordan,and Overbay are all very good asst.'s who work hard for these boys. Been very impressed with them this year. They have demonstrated they are passionate about this school and these young men being the best they can be. I think we finally have the supporting staff in place to do something.Whoever the Head coach is these guys will make sure the boys we do have are working hard this offseason. More important:The kids we have next year have some SELF DISCIPLINE about them,and are willing to put in the offseason work it takes. All this doom and gloom is getting to me so I'm out of here.By the way rumors are NOT facts. Until I hear it from the horse's mouth I'm going with that old saying;None of what you hear and half of what you see. Till then come watch the HAmpton/Cloudland round ball teams in action.Hampton's loaded and my Landers will have a few surprises in store guarenteed.

i see some bright spots for cloudland but they must get more students out for football. the coaches need to ask people to play. kids want to be wanted and more will come out if the coaches will show that they want everyone in the school to play. if you go up to a teenager and tell them we really need you on the football field, you could make a big difference you will make them feel important and needed and a lot of kids need that.

the three lineman you were talking about i think can be good. brett hicks i think can become very good and the haynes kid held his own pretty good as a freshman but where are the backups and the other two starters going to come from. when you try to run smashmouth football the line and line depth is very important. i think there is enough talent in the school to make next year a decent year but i dont see many seniors on next years team.

i just hope we dont lose any players to other schools. i have heard from a few that childress is going to transfer to avery next year which dosent make a lot of sense to me because they lose almost everyone. i hope its not true because i could see him being a beast with his work ethic.

Yeah Pujo,I could see the possibility of players transferring to a nearby school,which would probably be Hampton of course.I don't see any going to Unaka.

I think we will be pretty dadgum competitive next year. May be wrong,who can say? We were actually pretty darn YOUNG this year,especially on the line after the injury bug had his say.Between injuries and a susp.,we started 2 soph's and a frosh in several games.(the only one it REALLY showed in was the Hampton game) Actually, Childress at RB and Whitehead at Qb were both sophs too.I've talked to 4 other kids that didn't come out as fresh. last year and they deeply regreted it,said they would be out next year.I believe our overall talent will be a bit better NEXT year. Chambers,Jordan,and Overbay are all very good asst.'s who work hard for these boys. Been very impressed with them this year. They have demonstrated they are passionate about this school and these young men being the best they can be. I think we finally have the supporting staff in place to do something.Whoever the Head coach is these guys will make sure the boys we do have are working hard this offseason. More important:The kids we have next year have some SELF DISCIPLINE about them,and are willing to put in the offseason work it takes. :thumb: All this doom and gloom is getting to me so I'm out of here.By the way rumors are NOT facts. Until I hear it from the horse's moumoth I'm going with that old saying;None of what you hear and half of what you see. Till then come watch the HAmpton/Cloudland round ball teams in action.Hampton's loaded and my Landers will have a few surprises in store guarenteed.

I believe the Landers will be fine next year....this year wasn't anything to sniff at! Geeeez, you all WERE young!

As for round ball, well, King has already laid the challenge! If those aren't close games, Ill be very surprised. But hopefully we'll all be healthy this year cause we got a few surprises for our competitors! :thumb:

I believe the Landers will be fine next year....this year wasn't anything to sniff at! Geeeez, you all WERE young!

As for round ball, well, King has already laid the challenge! If those aren't close games, Ill be very surprised. But hopefully we'll all be healthy this year cause we got a few surprises for our competitors! :thumb:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news ,but Cloudland lost about 9 starters and a few more seniors who were forced into playing time. Lost about 80 percent of their offense and their 2 leading tacklers. I wouldn't expect too much out of the coaches next season. I agree with Blueandgold, They have some very passionate assistants who work their tails off. Its just going to be tough to fill all the shoes .

One of the very best underclassmen has already left for another school. Another defection or 2 and it would be disastorous.

Edited by pujo

I hate to be the bearer of bad news ,but Cloudland lost about 9 starters and a few more seniors who were forced into playing time. Lost about 80 percent of their offense and their 2 leading tacklers. I wouldn't expect too much out of the coaches next season. I agree with Blueandgold, They have some very passionate assistants who work their tails off. Its just going to be tough to fill all the shoes .

One of the very best underclassmen has already left for another school. Another defection or 2 and it would be disastorous.

I had not heard those stats! My goodness...this just doesnt sound like 'Lander football to me