Farragut at Maryville Round 2

FHS_Admiral

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for our game tonight, I had a feeling that might happen. With our team being decimated by injuries and probably still hurting emotionally over losing our assistant coach, I didn't think we would be able to put up as good of a fight as we did in the regular season. Even at full strength it would have been an upset for us to beat you. As always, you guys have a fine football team and tremendous coaching. Good luck the rest of the way.

And maybe the fact that this isn't the first time it's happened. Losing to a team in the playoffs that the Ads lost to in the regular season seems to be rather common the last few years, often times the games ending up worse or just as bad the 2nd time around. Farragut is 0-6 the last 7 years when playing a team in the playoffs that they lost to during the regular season. Where as the Ads are 7-1 when playing teams they beat in the regular season in the playoffs..

'10

1st meeting: 24-17 Maryville

2nd meeting : 41-10 Maryville

'09

1st: 35-32 Maryville

2nd: 35-14 Maryville

'08

1st: 31-3 Ooltewah

2nd: 21-14 Ooltewah

'07

1st: 35-28 Farragut

2nd: 28-14 Bearden

'06

1st: 30-28 Ooltewah

2nd: 42-14 Ooltewah

'05

1st: 39-0 Oak Ridge

2nd: 28-7 Oak Ridge

'04

1st: 21-14 Oak Ridge

2nd: 48-0 Oak Ridge

Just saying, no surprise here.

Last 7 playoffs losses?

29.7pts against 1st meeting, 34.7pts against 2nd meeting.

17.4pts for 1st meeting, 10.4pts 2nd meeting.

Basically, Farragut gets a TD worse, and the opponent gets almost a TD better...

Opponents win by 12.3pts in the regular season, and win by 24.3pts in the playoffs.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

Congrats Rebels. You guys are playing very strong right now. Go bring that trophy back to East Tennessee and District 4. I'll be pulling for you guys.

As for our game tonight, I had a feeling that might happen. With our team being decimated by injuries and probably still hurting emotionally over losing our assistant coach, I didn't think we would be able to put up as good of a fight as we did in the regular season. Even at full strength it would have been an upset for us to beat you. As always, you guys have a fine football team and tremendous coaching. Good luck the rest of the way.

FHS Admiral those kids and coaches at Farragut are to be commended...They kept on plugging when a lot of teams would have quit...They endured a lot this season and my hat is off to them.... :thumb:

And maybe the fact that this isn't the first time it's happened. Losing to a team in the playoffs that the Ads lost to in the regular season seems to be rather common the last few years, often times the games ending up worse or just as bad the 2nd time around. Farragut is 0-6 the last 7 years when playing a team in the playoffs that they lost to during the regular season. Where as the Ads are 7-1 when playing teams they beat in the regular season in the playoffs..

'10

1st meeting: 24-17 Maryville

2nd meeting : 41-10 Maryville

'09

1st: 35-32 Maryville

2nd: 35-14 Maryville

'08

1st: 31-3 Ooltewah

2nd: 21-14 Ooltewah

'07

1st: 35-28 Farragut

2nd: 28-14 Bearden

'06

1st: 30-28 Ooltewah

2nd: 42-14 Ooltewah

'05

1st: 39-0 Oak Ridge

2nd: 28-7 Oak Ridge

'04

1st: 21-14 Oak Ridge

2nd: 48-0 Oak Ridge

Just saying, no surprise here.

Last 7 playoffs losses?

29.7pts against 1st meeting, 34.7pts against 2nd meeting.

17.4pts for 1st meeting, 10.4pts 2nd meeting.

Basically, Farragut gets a TD worse, and the opponent gets almost a TD better...

Opponents win by 12.3pts in the regular season, and win by 24.3pts in the playoffs.

Do you not think losing your senior QB might of had something to do with the differences in the 2 games ? You guys should be proud of the way your team handled the adversity of losing starters to injury and losing one of your coaches . Your young Sophomore QB looks very impressive , and if Tennessee doesn't keep an eye on him for kicking and punting they're crazy .

Do you not think losing your senior QB might of had something to do with the differences in the 2 games ? You guys should be proud of the way your team handled the adversity of losing starters to injury and losing one of your coaches . Your young Sophomore QB looks very impressive , and if Tennessee doesn't keep an eye on him for kicking and punting they're crazy .

I didn't say it didn't make a difference, My point is, this isn't the first time we done worse offensively/defensively in the 2nd game. I think it goes back to stuff I hear from a lot of Farragut fans. The coaches don't make changes a lot of times. The gameplan appears to remain the same the 2nd time around, and the opponent, makes changes to stop what worked before, so we just keep running it, while it doesn't work. I mean, sure we are playing generally good/"great" teams in the playoffs in these losses, but I don't get why there is such a significant difference between the regular season game, and the playoff loss. Sure this year there is a reason. What's the one for the Bearden loss? Or last year vs. Maryville? Or the Oak Ridge one? I'm not saying Farragut has bad coaches because they don't. Courtney has done an awesome job, as have the others. Shoup was a great coach as well. The problem is, they can't get them over hump. It's great making the playoffs every year sure. And the quarterfinals the past several seasons. But when you fail to get past that point, when every time you've lost in the qtrs it's to a team you already played, there has to be something said about it. It's like a team from the MEAC in basketball makes it to the conference championship game every year and loses.... At what point do you demand more? 2nd place is awesome, but you need to be able to get to #1, not just be happy with #2. For example, here in Boise, all we hear is how we should be lucky that we are even ranked where we are. The problem is, we want more, and can actually get there. Sure a BCS game is awesome the first couple times, but now we want more. We think we "deserve" or have "earned" more. We aren't just going to be happy being left behind, and 3rd/4th or just a top 10 ranking every year. Especially when we think we have the team to win a championship. Much like Farragut has had a capable team the last several years to win a championship.

I didn't say it didn't make a difference, My point is, this isn't the first time we done worse offensively/defensively in the 2nd game. I think it goes back to stuff I hear from a lot of Farragut fans. The coaches don't make changes a lot of times. The gameplan appears to remain the same the 2nd time around, and the opponent, makes changes to stop what worked before, so we just keep running it, while it doesn't work. I mean, sure we are playing generally good/"great" teams in the playoffs in these losses, but I don't get why there is such a significant difference between the regular season game, and the playoff loss. Sure this year there is a reason. What's the one for the Bearden loss? Or last year vs. Maryville? Or the Oak Ridge one? I'm not saying Farragut has bad coaches because they don't. Courtney has done an awesome job, as have the others. Shoup was a great coach as well. The problem is, they can't get them over hump. It's great making the playoffs every year sure. And the quarterfinals the past several seasons. But when you fail to get past that point, when every time you've lost in the qtrs it's to a team you already played, there has to be something said about it. It's like a team from the MEAC in basketball makes it to the conference championship game every year and loses.... At what point do you demand more? 2nd place is awesome, but you need to be able to get to #1, not just be happy with #2. For example, here in Boise, all we hear is how we should be lucky that we are even ranked where we are. The problem is, we want more, and can actually get there. Sure a BCS game is awesome the first couple times, but now we want more. We think we "deserve" or have "earned" more. We aren't just going to be happy being left behind, and 3rd/4th or just a top 10 ranking every year. Especially when we think we have the team to win a championship. Much like Farragut has had a capable team the last several years to win a championship.

The problem is not the coaches but the players they were ready for the season to be over and move on. Was at this game friday and you could tell by the way they were acting on the field while warmimg up. Maryville players want to win that is the difference you can't coach that.

The problem is not the coaches but the players they were ready for the season to be over and move on. Was at this game friday and you could tell by the way they were acting on the field while warmimg up. Maryville players want to win that is the difference you can't coach that.

You sir are wrong! It is all about the coaching. Who do you think is solely responsible for motivating 14-18 year old young men? It's not self motivation I assure you.

Congrats to MHS for taking care of business.

You sir are wrong! It is all about the coaching. Who do you think is solely responsible for motivating 14-18 year old young men? It's not self motivation I assure you.

Congrats to MHS for taking care of business.

LOL. What is it then coach Madden or are you The Bear wait Phil Fulmer thats it. What ever you say.

I think it is both honestly, I just hear more people complain about coaches than the players, because in the past I have seen it as the coaches giving up in the playoffs and not the kids. Or both. It's almost like they get tired of it come November/December and don't want to do it anymore. Either they are worn out, or "it's too cold". Either way, I think the past several years except maybe 1, Farragut has had a team capable of winning a championship and they folded in the playoffs. Ultimately, whether you want it to or not, it comes down to the coaches. Sure it's not fair, but that's part of being a coach. My only real issue with any of this, is that people seem afraid to talk about it. They don't want to degrade anyone or make anyone feel bad. Which is all fine for me when it comes to the kids and not specifically calling them out, especially on here, but I don't see why everyone is afraid to talk about a coaching change, or even just their thoughts on the season. It's almost always positive. People just want the positives out of everything and will be fine with it. Which goes back to what I said last post. top 10 ranking is awesome and all, but at what point to demand the championship? Farragut's been to the qtrfinals like 4 or 5 times the last 7 years right? So at what point do we demand more. Sure we want it now, but when do we decide to make a change to actually get it? 8 years in the quarterfinals? 12? 15?

I am not going to sit on here and keep talking why Farragut can't go past the third round. I will tell you this Farragut had one of there starters quit with two or three games left because he did not like football anymore was the answer. Now I could tell you more on this but I am not going to because someone on here early got mad at me for picking on players. This years team had a really good year with what they have gone through and I am proud for that they could have (coaches) just said the heck with it and started to get ready for next year. Lossing to DB, Catholic, Riverdale, and then going out and beating OR, West, Bearden and beating Sevier County in the first round of the playoffs which no one thought that would happen. What is sad is they beat Bearden and Bearden is a #4 in the playoff and Farragut is a #6 which doesn't make since because Farragut was second in this region but TSSAA change the playoff bracket from what teams you played like Riverdale and DB to wins and losses. Farragut could have played much easier teams but choose to play the DB's and Riverdale's thinking it would help them out in this new playoff format. Farragut was a young team this year with all five LB's were senior and then #2 at CB. You will have Rule the QB, Jacob Johnson, and #9 coming back the whole o-line but #56 #1 at running back which is a soph the kicker whick is a soph and kicked a 52 yard fieldgoal in the playoffs and had almost all his kickoffs going in the endzone. The freshman class has some really good players 3 or 4 coming up that will help out alot this coming up year to me 2 of them could of played on friday night. These guys got some playing time the last few games and some in the playoff.

Edited by allvolfan1