Moore County at South Pittsburg

Roy Dillard

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know...this is what I am eager to find out...growing up and watching Pirate football..We prided ourself on being physical and tough, outhitting our opponents, running right at them with the ole 46 play out of the single wing...and then the last couple of years we changed to the gun..and ole powerp is just wondering if maybe...just maybe..going to the gun has made the pirates soft?? Do the pirates want it bad enough?? They have the talent to win many championships in a row but do they have the desire and work ethic to get it done not only on the field but in the weight room as well. That is something I am going to think about this whole week..have the pirates lost their mental edge and have they lost their physical presence..maybe coach Vic needs to turn David Wyatt loose and let him show the boys the fine art of driving through a tackle and not quitting...Maybe I am wrong, but this group of boys has the potential to be head hunters on defense but has not proved it yet I dont think...It is time boys, step it up, and make people wish they had not stepped on the field..play with pride, play pirate football! :thumb:

Vic is that you?

The pirates may very well beat the boys in blue, but i guarantee you this much. They will hit you from the 1st quarter all the way through to 4th and will never give up, and after they hit you they will help you up and then next play do it all over again. Good luck to both teams and hope that it is a injury free game.

You know...this is what I am eager to find out...growing up and watching Pirate football..We prided ourself on being physical and tough, outhitting our opponents, running right at them with the ole 46 play out of the single wing...and then the last couple of years we changed to the gun..and ole powerp is just wondering if maybe...just maybe..going to the gun has made the pirates soft?? Do the pirates want it bad enough?? They have the talent to win many championships in a row but do they have the desire and work ethic to get it done not only on the field but in the weight room as well. That is something I am going to think about this whole week..have the pirates lost their mental edge and have they lost their physical presence..maybe coach Vic needs to turn David Wyatt loose and let him show the boys the fine art of driving through a tackle and not quitting...Maybe I am wrong, but this group of boys has the potential to be head hunters on defense but has not proved it yet I dont think...It is time boys, step it up, and make people wish they had not stepped on the field..play with pride, play pirate football! :thumb:

So what your saying is SP, needs a new coach. You said they have had the talent to win many championships in a row. and listed alot of reasons why.All comes down to coaching.

Edited by lancer10

We are on our 5th coach since 1919. How often do you think we need to change?

I didn't say you need to change coachs, I think yall have a very good coach.Powerp thanks yall need to change coachs ,and over half the people on here from SP do when SP gets beat.You thank yal have too must talent and speed to lose. So you put it on the coach. Edited by lancer10

I went to ya'lls game last night. Congrats on a big win. The folks were real nice there. Even the announcer gave a special welcome to couch Vic. LOL They had about as many fans at there home game that we take out on the road with us. There band is good too. I hope they all have a safe trip down here. But it will probably be a long trip home for them.

Let me ask you Moore County people a question. Did that coach give Grider some film since he went to the game Friday? I garuntee you that Grider needs a film to watch so he can tell our boys what to do. If your coach wouldn't give Grider a film, that is a bunch of mess. You think im joking cause im not.