Moore County at South Pittsburg

Roy Dillard

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left that game early. Grider better get our boys to quit making so many penalties or we will get beat next week. I garuntee you that. I aint joking either. Why did Grider get our boys in that offense with 3 runners in the backfield? We haven't ran that all year and here he goes changing our offense. What is that mess all about?

I left that game early. Grider better get our boys to quit making so many penalties or we will get beat next week. I garuntee you that. I aint joking either. Why did Grider get our boys in that offense with 3 runners in the backfield? We haven't ran that all year and here he goes changing our offense. What is that mess all about?

If coach Vic would put that Maryland I as our base offense and put shotgun as a secondary we could score all night against someone...Parker, Corbin, and Raquis is a tough back field...Thats what I am talking about..Old school Pirate football...were coming stop us!! Will be good to get our 3 linemen back next week :thumb: Any win in the playoffs is a good win..Congrats..now prepare

Do you realize how many ~ 70 TD of Hale's have been called back this year? About 7. It could be that Vic had enough on tape to realize they had been getting hosed part of the time. If the call was bogus, Lesser County has no right to be pissed. Disappointed maybe.

I don't believe I've ever seen a penalty overturned just from the coach raising cane.

It kinda makes you wonder.

Either way, it sounds like it really didn't matter in this game.

I don't believe I've ever seen a penalty overturned just from the coach raising cane.

It kinda makes you wonder.

Either way, it sounds like it really didn't matter in this game.

It really depends on who threw the flag. Not enough men on the line should involve a flag by the line judge soon as the ball is snapped and not the backfield judge after the back goes 70 yards down field. Regardless, my point was that the Moore County coach may not have grounds to be pissed if there was a reason to pick up the flag other than Grider going ballistic. However, there have been some ridiculous long runs called back this year and several of them were dodgy calls.

Edited by rlh

I have watched all but 2 games for the Pirates this year and this was probably the worst one of the batch this year. I know...they won 49-14 but it was a very sloppy game. Penalties....stupid, bonehead penalties. If the Pirates play so undisciplined next week, they won't be practicing football during the Thanksgiving holiday. This team has shown it can be great.....and I know they were missing a few starters....but dang play smart and quit all the jawing. As the old coach Grider used to say, act like you have been there!

I am just hoping they were overlooking MC due to the big game looming with Gordonsville.

I have watched all but 2 games for the Pirates this year and this was probably the worst one of the batch this year. I know...they won 49-14 but it was a very sloppy game. Penalties....stupid, bonehead penalties. If the Pirates play so undisciplined next week, they won't be practicing football during the Thanksgiving holiday. This team has shown it can be great.....and I know they were missing a few starters....but dang play smart and quit all the jawing. As the old coach Grider used to say, act like you have been there!

I am just hoping they were overlooking MC due to the big game looming with Gordonsville.

Overlooking? If you lose, your season is over. Grider has to get our boys strong before next Friday or Gordonville will be knocking holes in our line all night long. Some of our tacklers on the line were just standing up chest bumping and getting knocked off the line. You think im joking but im not.

Props to Moore County, they are a gutsy bunch. they played hard the whole game. The coach did a great job with their play calling. SP just had a few more big plays. Not sure about the penalty call, but Vic doesn't get tore up over the right call! Apparently his case was legit or the head ref wouldn't have overturned it. Plus, MC coach didn't seem to awfully upset after the ref explained it to him. SP played a terrible game and won. It won't happen against Gordonsville. The penalties were terrible and show some discipline issues. Coach Grider WILL address that, I'm sure starting tonight in the locker room. I just hope we show up next week ready to play. Congrats to MC for a fine football season.