Friendship @ Signal

croz6110

It was on a punt at the end of the second half. We didn’t have anyone deep and he was in as a blocker in the backfield. He and one of our boys were talking trash and bumping and he threw a punch in front of the ref. Immediate flag, refs came together and he was ejected. I’m sure it was just one of those emotional moments down 35-14 at the time things not going well with a little trash talking and bumping and he reacted. Unfortunately it was right in front of the ref. However this clearly fired up FCS. After the game the boys shook hands and I know a lot of our boys went back a second time to congratulate them on their effort.

FCS played with tremendous heart the second half and their players are to be commended.

No punch was thrown. I watched the whole thing and 7 held down the SM lineman because he was trying to cut his legs, which is a penalty on special teams, on hurt 7. Anyone who knows 7 knows he isnt going to throw a punch.

No punch was thrown. I watched the whole thing and 7 held down the SM lineman because he was trying to cut his legs, which is a penalty on special teams, on hurt 7. Anyone who knows 7 knows he isnt going to throw a punch.

I'll take your word on it. I got no basis to argue. Any idea why they would eject him? Seems rather extreme for what you describe. Couldn't tell from your post. Was #7 hurt on the play? I sure hope not.

By the way, that #11 of yours is gonna be a heck of a QB.:thumb:

Y'all gave us all we wanted and then some. Hope we got more for TC this week.

Oh, I can assure you I have a life, and it doesn't include basketball or baseball, and certainly not

recruiting, FCS, snobbish, holier than thou attitudes, as in Possumtown. Always amazes me how this attitude

evolved living in a place called Possumtown.

Oh, and BTW, if I had held the keys to the locker room...you'd still be standing there...outside.

Oh, thanks for the assessment of the SM/TC game. I'm sure both will take this straight to the whiteboard

to prepare for the game. Absolute genius! You are a NFL coach. right?

Enjoy your time on the hardwood. Gives you the opportunity to walk down our hall & see all the Gold balls

in the trophy case. Take a pic if you like & put it in your case..if you have one.

As they say, there's always next year..............

Get um Grunt. Guees I,ll see you Friday night

Punch was thrown by us but not #7. Player that did it told ref they had wrong player but they would not change call. Hate for a senior to get tossed for something he didn't and wouldn't do. Impressed by Signal but I think the yellow jacketes will take the game on the creekbank.

Having #7 ejected was the best thing that could have happened to your team. I hate it for him personally but we definately were not prepared for what #11 had to offer and I think having your starting quarterback ejected made us a little complacent on defense. It was a great game though. Nothing to be ashamed of at Friendship. You definately gave us a scare.