Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

Without a dog in this fight it's going to take a super effort from Polk to stop CAK. Alcoa was very successful at getting pressure on the QB which disrupted their timing on patterns etc. Plus Alcoa's DBs are very athletic which helped as well. Even with that, CAK was able to move the ball on a very salty and talented Alcoa defense. In the end, Alcoa made key plays and physically seemed to wear CAK down late.

I understand Polk has had a great season but who have they played that runs an offense similar to CAK? They really will have their hands full trying to cover CAK's very talented WRs consistently. The QB is pass first but is also a dangerous runner if he decides to pull it down.

I haven't seen Polk play but have watched highlights from their website. In what I've seen on offense, I'm not convinced they run the wing-t as has been previously stated. I mean, they actually run some wing-t plays, but there have been some tweaks and changes made to them. I'm not saying that's a bad thing at all, but it's not traditional wing-t. Also, without seeing complete offensive series by Polk, it's hard to say if they actually call plays that utilize the wing-t's ability to deceive a defense in how you call a series of plays to create an advantage of with motion and formations.

I'm going to try and get over to see the last quarter of this game. Hopefully it will be injury free for both teams and a win by the Warriors.

Wow, you actually think CAK is gonna score 30 points??? Don't be rediculous. Polk's defense gives up an average of 10 points a game. I know Polk schedule is not all that great but South Pitt averaged 51 points a game until they came to Polk. Polk held them to 7 points. Tyner ,which is a really good team and is underated, scored only 13 points against Polk last friday game. CAK will be LUCKY if they actually scored 30 points this friday. I say it will be a low score game and it will come down to the last few possesions. This team that polk has is underated and is just now getting a little bit of respect from beating tyner and mercy ruling South Pitt. This is probably the best blocking line that i have seen at polk. But as far as the game goes polk has got to work on the pass defense. That quarterback for CAK is really an athlete. If Polk cant stop the pass they will be in for a long night.

CAK 35

Polk 24

:thumb:

Thanks govols for the players names and correct info sounds like they can match up with Polk county just fine. I think this game is a going to be fun to watch I also think if caks d is shakey at first Polk hangs around if the d is playing like they did against elizabethton Polk is in for a rough go caks offense should do just fine I also hope to see more of 67 at centerhe does a good job. Also I hear epperly visited Princeton is there anyone else being looked at. Anyway hopefully we have a injury free game and both teams stay healthy.

Thanks govols for the players names and correct info sounds like they can match up with Polk county just fine. I think this game is a going to be fun to watch I also think if caks d is shakey at first Polk hangs around if the d is playing like they did against elizabethton Polk is in for a rough go caks offense should do just fine I also hope to see more of 67 at centerhe does a good job. Also I hear epperly visited Princeton is there anyone else being looked at. Anyway hopefully we have a injury free game and both teams stay healthy.

As it has been over the past 4 seasons #67 will line-up where he is needed most. In a couple of hours I will find out what the plan is for Friday, but I think I will keep it a secret.

We have several other players that are being looked at. We will just wait and see where they end up.

Looks like the QB's for each team will be key. Interesting since these two young men are very familiar with each other. They played together on one of the best 15U baseball teams I've ever seen. Two great athletes.

I believe #38 Michael Hargrove middle linebacker for polk also played on that baseball team as well.