Bearden @ Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

Your kidding ! We got the biggest band in the state and are playing in the second round of the state championship playoffs and they will not be there.I know your kidding ! right?

They are competing in Indianapolis this weekend in the battle of the bands for the National Championship. But, atleast Cook could have had a pep band put together for the game. I agree, this is bad. Well, maybe the alumni will remember how to blow their horns. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!

No this is no joke. Im not doggin the band when I say this, but it's not like there's a ton of band patents on this thread anyway. They have gotten waaaay to big, the band is their own world, and it's not deticated to the football team as in past years. It greatly takes away from the crowd, the players, the whole atmosphere changes when you don't have the chop, the school song, and 400+ behind you trying to distract the other team. ITS THE PLAYOFFS DO OR DIE. ..and from the looks of the film I've seen on Mr. Young, we're gonna need all the help we can get. I think it sux the band's not gonna be there to support the team, but I guess they have their own game to win somewhere. I hope we get behind the alumni band 100% because they are doing this becauce they love DB and will do anything they can to help the cause. Either way, I think the Tribe will have to play mistake free and wrap up #33 everytime we get the chance....Im just hoping there's a screen pass thrown to him and our #32 picks it up real fast.you know what happens then.. we might not even need the band after that...lol

• Upvote 1

One simple request of the alumni band.DON'T PLAY WHEN WE HAVE THE STINKING BALL !!!

You might think it hurts us when they do that but, i don't remeber it costing us anything. It kind of keeps us fired up i think. It's the atmosphere we need to keep this train running. Young has a history of putting the ball on the carpet. Let's just make sure we wrap up before we start trying to strip the rock. Roll Tribe!!!

I guess its a nesessary evil when you have a band as good as ours that they will be going off to their own competitions on some Friday nights. I would say competing for a National Championship is a pretty big deal and I hope they do well. I think its cool that the alumni band will be filling in but this sounds like a last minute round up. Seems like we could of just invited the Robinson-Sevier bands to play together Friday night. That would of put us about 400 strong I think as both Middle Schools have very large bands. Seems like they would of been thrilled to do it and probably provided alot of noise down there in that end zone.

You might think it hurts us when they do that but, i don't remeber it costing us anything. It kind of keeps us fired up i think. It's the atmosphere we need to keep this train running. Young has a history of putting the ball on the carpet. Let's just make sure we wrap up before we start trying to strip the rock. Roll Tribe!!!

It hurts the fire calls by the line and being able to hear the QB call or change the plays.2005 at South.One yard line and we never get the snap good and fumble.It might be a coincedence that the band just happen to be playing for all it was worth at that same end of the field.This year on fourth down and the game on the line,coach Clark makes an elephant nads call to go for it on our side of the field with the band making more noise behind our line than ten times the Farragut crowd.The end is not picked up and nearly sacks Seabolt before he makes a one in a million throw to Cannon for the first.It's not the kids I blame but there should be an adult with a tad bit of football knowledge saying don't play when we are at the line...Once again we have a great bunch in the band and I don't blame the kids that are just having a great time

I believe Bearden to be to much this week. I don't see that the band should have anything to do with the game. The game itself should be enough to get the Indians jacked up. I think it is a huge possibility that the area may only have one or possibly two teams left. With that said I hope they prove me wrong. I have no problems being wrong. I hope the Indians take it to em. I felt more confident about a win until I watched the Bearden/Maryville game someone posted. It depends which team shows up for each school.

I believe Bearden to be to much this week. I don't see that the band should have anything to do with the game. The game itself should be enough to get the Indians jacked up. I think it is a huge possibility that the area may only have one or possibly two teams left. With that said I hope they prove me wrong. I have no problems being wrong. I hope the Indians take it to em. I felt more confident about a win until I watched the Bearden/Maryville game someone posted. It depends which team shows up for each school.

I'm not going to lie, i've been nervous about this game because of Devrin Young and his speed. But, after i realize we have the best defensive coordinator in the state, i feel a little bit better. Just don't kick the ball to him and don't forget he can catch the ball out of the backfield. Guys just remember one think, they are as worried about facing Sensabaugh and the undefeated Tribe as we are in facing a great runningback that's going to Tennessee. The last back we faced to go to Tennessee was Gerald Riggs, Jr. and we all know how that ended. I believe the tide is about to change and the Tribe are going to prove that we're ready to compete with the big boys from Rutherford County, as soon as we take care of the big dogs from Knoxville. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

I too am glad we have Watson and really like him as a person on and off the field.I watched a lot of the Bearden games today and it scares me with the way they throw the ball or turn and say run 33 run.I would never ever ever ever ever ever KICK to Young,he is just to quick in the open field.I noticed that a team or two did run and pass on Bearden this year.They are strong on both sides of the ball and we may have to put up some big offensive numbers in JUST TWO DAYS guys.I can't believe it's almost game day.Roll Tribe Roll !!

I too am glad we have Watson and really like him as a person on and off the field.I watched a lot of the Bearden games today and it scares me with the way they throw the ball or turn and say run 33 run.I would never ever ever ever ever ever KICK to Young,he is just to quick in the open field.I noticed that a team or two did run and pass on Bearden this year.They are strong on both sides of the ball and we may have to put up some big offensive numbers in JUST TWO DAYS guys.I can't believe it's almost game day.Roll Tribe Roll !!

We're going to have to score when we get the ball because Bearden is going to eat the clock and keep us off the field. We can't punt and flip the field because that's been a week spot for us this year, especially since we've only punted about eight times all year. And, uh, you know who will be on the other end of those punts. So Coach Clark, let's turn it up a notch this week and get the ball to Devo, a lot. I look for a showcase performance from the super soph. this week. I know the guys are going to be fired up and ready. Let's go guys. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess its a nesessary evil when you have a band as good as ours that they will be going off to their own competitions on some Friday nights. I would say competing for a National Championship is a pretty big deal and I hope they do well. I think its cool that the alumni band will be filling in but this sounds like a last minute round up. Seems like we could of just invited the Robinson-Sevier bands to play together Friday night. That would of put us about 400 strong I think as both Middle Schools have very large bands. Seems like they would of been thrilled to do it and probably provided alot of noise down there in that end zone.

Incredibly great idea. Equally as incredible that no administrator thought of it.