Bearden @ Dobyns-Bennett

ArtVandalay

Don't you just love this board. You got DB fans, probably some of the most loyal fans who post probably more than anyone else in the state lol. On the other hand you have Bearden fans, who Never, never, never post, for whatever reason. This is why the predictions are sooooo skewed. Last time I checked, Bearden has beaten DB once yes, but it was the last time they played there. Also bearden beat Jeff county 49-7, DB won 28-3. I just don't like hearing all this skewed posting by DB fans. I guess we will see tonight.

I love this time of year. DB FOOTBALL fans are stating how THIS is the year. Let's be real here. Graham Clark has NEVER even made it to the finals, and you believe THIS team will. IF they win this week they will probably be playing Maryville. And as we all know, Maryville HAS won at least 10 state championships within the last 20 years. DB has not won a state FOOTBALL championship since the playoffs started!

So for all you DB fans who believe this is finally the YEAR, just remember...ETN ( from Tri-Cities to Morristown) do not have the athletes to compete in 6A football unless they go to Alco or Maryville. DB problem is they play teams like Davy Crockett, Volunteer and Central every year. Playing these teams is like a scrimmage only with lights. DB needs to play Maryville, or other good teams beyond Knoxville to truely see how good they are. Otherwise it will be the same story every year....DB undefeated until it reaches a good Knoxville team.

I love this time of year. DB FOOTBALL fans are stating how THIS is the year. Let's be real here. Graham Clark has NEVER even made it to the finals, and you believe THIS team will. IF they win this week they will probably be playing Maryville. And as we all know, Maryville HAS won at least 10 state championships within the last 20 years. DB has not won a state FOOTBALL championship since the playoffs started!

So for all you DB fans who believe this is finally the YEAR, just remember...ETN ( from Tri-Cities to Morristown) do not have the athletes to compete in 6A football unless they go to Alco or Maryville. DB problem is they play teams like Davy Crockett, Volunteer and Central every year. Playing these teams is like a scrimmage only with lights. DB needs to play Maryville, or other good teams beyond Knoxville to truely see how good they are. Otherwise it will be the same story every year....DB undefeated until it reaches a good Knoxville team.

I hope that made you feel good.It's great to get that much off a mans chest at one time.I wish the boys from Elizabethton all the best tonight however

I hope that made you feel good.It's great to get that much off a mans chest at one time.I wish the boys from Elizabethton all the best tonight however

Thanks..but what I said is true. Its funny how it "quiets" even the biggest DB fans.

EHS has the same problem in that we will never be able to beat Alcoa...there the best team in the state regardless of classification this year!

Thanks..but what I said is true. Its funny how it "quiets" even the biggest DB fans.

EHS has the same problem in that we will never be able to beat Alcoa...there the best team in the state regardless of classification this year!

You what else is funny? you people sitting on the roofs of houses watching the game cause they're too cheap to buy a ticket, or because they cant take a cooler in the game... :roflol:

Edited by SPEAR24

I wouldn't give 3 points to either team in a rematch with Maryville.It simply will take a great local team and a down year for those two.It's not that we don't have the studs,it's like if our teams got the best players from the area every year.It's no disgrace to lose to a team like that or the teams we lost to in the semi's four times.It sux to lose to a lesser team like we did a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't give 3 points to either team in a rematch with Maryville.It simply will take a great local team and a down year for those two.It's not that we don't have the studs,it's like if our teams got the best players from the area every year.It's no disgrace to lose to a team like that or the teams we lost to in the semi's four times.It sux to lose to a lesser team like we did a couple of years ago.

Great point. But the problem is DB loses more in the first two rounds than they do in the semi's.

When will the people at DB realize that Graham Clark is not the answer. Why do you think Clark did not take the MBA job when it was offered to him? Probably because he would have to win a state championship to keep his job unlike at DB. Alcoa coach would be a great hire for DB when Clark leaves.

Is that not what is getting ready to happen? I obviously don't know details. From the posts I've read just on here isn't Sullivan County pretty much all Kingsport now? Not trying to be disrespectful, however I'm sure it may come across that way. It's none of my business either.

Is that not what is getting ready to happen? I obviously don't know details. From the posts I've read just on here isn't Sullivan County pretty much all Kingsport now? Not trying to be disrespectful, however I'm sure it may come across that way. It's none of my business either.

Maybe on a smaller level then around Knoxville.No disrespect taken,come on over tonight and get a good seat

Great point. But the problem is DB loses more in the first two rounds than they do in the semi's.

When will the people at DB realize that Graham Clark is not the answer. Why do you think Clark did not take the MBA job when it was offered to him? Probably because he would have to win a state championship to keep his job unlike at DB. Alcoa coach would be a great hire for DB when Clark leaves.

I bet a lot of schools would love to have our coaches and record over the last couple of decades.It's easy to point at Maryville,Alcoa ,and the Nashville area great teams,but there are a whole lot of small towns and programs that would trade us in a second.

Edited by BatmanDB