Greene County Football:Best Year Ever?

tcpioneer3

Is it me or does this seem like the best year, as a whole (and yes I am including you Greene Devils, you are inside the County Lines)for Greene County Football ever? I cant remember a year that 4 out of the 5 High Schools in the County were in the playoffs. Granted...up until around the late 90's only the top 2 from the conferences advanced to the playoffs..but it seems like a great year. Not to mention that Lil ole Chuckey-Doak gave Betsy all they wanted, West Greene almost beat Austin East, SG should have beaten Happy Valley (#1 seed) and Greeneville worked East Ridge! I say hats off to Coach Murphy, Coach Ballard, Coach Case, Coach Jones and all of their assistants. You guys put in way too much time for your pay, not to mention the time away from your family. Trust me wives, I know(as my wife says) yall are Coaching widows during the season. Shout to BM(CD),CB(GD) and JC(WG). Keep up the great work.

Is it me or does this seem like the best year, as a whole (and yes I am including you Greene Devils, you are inside the County Lines)for Greene County Football ever? I cant remember a year that 4 out of the 5 High Schools in the County were in the playoffs. Granted...up until around the late 90's only the top 2 from the conferences advanced to the playoffs..but it seems like a great year. Not to mention that Lil ole Chuckey-Doak gave Betsy all they wanted, West Greene almost beat Austin East, SG should have beaten Happy Valley (#1 seed) and Greeneville worked East Ridge! I say hats off to Coach Murphy, Coach Ballard, Coach Case, Coach Jones and all of their assistants. You guys put in way too much time for your pay, not to mention the time away from your family. Trust me wives, I know(as my wife says) yall are Coaching widows during the season. Shout to BM(CD),CB(GD) and JC(WG). Keep up the great work.

Hmmm in the County lines??? Does this mean we take the county Championship since the county schools all have a hand on it? :roflolk:

Hmmm in the County lines??? Does this mean we take the county Championship since the county schools all have a hand on it? :roflolk:

I think TC was trying to pay GHS a compliment?!? Are you just not used to someone from the county system being nice to GHS? Does the superiority attitude blind you to the fact that TC was making a point that it's quite impressive that 4 of the 5 high schools in Greene County made the playoffs in football this year? Just wondering...because I don't think there's any doubt that GHS was the best team out of Greene County this year. And hopefully NGHS will get their program to the playoffs soon, too. Granted, 3 of the 4 didn't win their games last night, but there's many schools that didn't even make it that far. Not sure how many other counties can say the same...

Since the rivalries exist more between the county schools as they have for many, many years, I'm not sure GHS wants to be in that mix! LOL!!! It gets pretty intense...I mean have you ever been to a CDHS vs SGHS basketball game??? It doesn't get any better!

Edited by CDHSGrad

Wow.... that comment's a new level of pitiful. Can't even take a proud moment for your surrounding schools without referencing how your still better than the rest. What's next? Whipping out a ruler to see who's is bigger?

Congratulations Greene County schools on a great season... excluding Greeneville... it's quite obvious they already know how good they are.

I agree, it's been a very fun year to watch football in this county. I hate that for three teams it all came to an end last night. As far as Greeneville being County Champs I have something to say. The four county teams have been playing for that trophy since 1976. Just a bit of a tradition if you ask me. Greeneville played Chuckey Doak and South Greene many seasons during that time span and beat them every time except for South Greene once. During that time, I never once heard a Greene Devil complaining about the County Championship during that time span. Now that they've added West Greene to the schedule some of you want it. Let traditions be traditions. If you want so badly to have one, start one of your own. I personally like the added drama of the County Championship, which neither team wanted to get this year, and some other traditions such as the Milk Can.

I agree, it's been a very fun year to watch football in this county. I hate that for three teams it all came to an end last night. As far as Greeneville being County Champs I have something to say. The four county teams have been playing for that trophy since 1976. Just a bit of a tradition if you ask me. Greeneville played Chuckey Doak and South Greene many seasons during that time span and beat them every time except for South Greene once. During that time, I never once heard a Greene Devil complaining about the County Championship during that time span. Now that they've added West Greene to the schedule some of you want it. Let traditions be traditions. If you want so badly to have one, start one of your own. I personally like the added drama of the County Championship, which neither team wanted to get this year, and some other traditions such as the Milk Can.

Bud I love FB period and for some of the slower GHS fans and I'm well below that group. Maybe we should let them know it's the Greene County School System Championship. What a great FB year. period

Bud I love FB period and for some of the slower GHS fans and I'm well below that group. Maybe we should let them know it's the Greene County School System Championship. What a great FB year. period

So who actually won the county championship this year?wg beat sg, cd beat wg, sg beat cd... Everybody beat ng.... Yeah it was a fun year.

So who actually won the county championship this year?wg beat sg, cd beat wg, sg beat cd... Everybody beat ng.... Yeah it was a fun year.

I think it ends in a three way tie. No one out right gets it. I don't think they set tie breakers when they started the championship. Maybe the schools should look into that so what happened this year won't happen again.

I think it ends in a three way tie. No one out right gets it. I don't think they set tie breakers when they started the championship. Maybe the schools should look into that so what happened this year won't happen again.

I wonder what the tie-breaker criteria are, too. Since CDHS and WGHS (both 7 - 3) had better records than SGHS and NGHS, should it come down to a tie-breaker of head-to-head competition between those two? If so, CDHS beat WGHS...I like my spin on that one![/b]

I wonder what the tie-breaker criteria are, too. Since CDHS and WGHS (both 7 - 3) had better records than SGHS and NGHS, should it come down to a tie-breaker of head-to-head competition between those two? If so, CDHS beat WGHS...I like my spin on that one![/b]

What about which team finished better in the conference? That is all head to head, not over all record with different non conference schedules. That would give it to West Greene this year. Just another spin.

What about which team finished better in the conference? That is all head to head, not over all record with different non conference schedules. That would give it to West Greene this year. Just another spin.

I know...there are so many variables that I don't know the answers to! But I'm still proud of the fact that 4 of the 5 high schools in Greene County made the football playoffs this year. That's awesome no matter which team the "county" champ actually is! :D

Edited by CDHSGrad