AAA 2011 Boys Season

Daverodg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why did Farragut withdraw from the Palmetto Cup in SC? Seems like that tournament has really helped them out in recent years.

I think this is a rebuilding year for Farragut. Graduating 13+ seniors tends to do that to a team. I am sure coach Culbreth will get them going when it counts.

I think this is a rebuilding year for Farragut. Graduating 13+ seniors tends to do that to a team. I am sure coach Culbreth will get them going when it counts.

Has anyone ever heard of a team graduating all 11 starters (plus guys of the bench) like this? I wouldn't doubt that it has happened before, but I personally have never heard of it, until now with Farragut (well, one didn't graduate, but he did not return this year none the less).

Farragut is still Farragut, but if there was ever a time to use the term 'rebuilding', I would say this would be it.

Through the "soccer vine", Knox West got 3 exchange students, that, according to the word on the street, are quite talented. Should mix things up in the Knox DOD.

Anyone know who is coaching West?

We actually scrimmaged Know west last night and tied them 2-2, we also scrimmage maryville last week and they beat us 5-0. So i would say i expect Maryville and Knox west to be the top teams up there and it wouldn't surprise me to see both of them at state

Why did Farragut withdraw from the Palmetto Cup in SC? Seems like that tournament has really helped them out in recent years.

I heard (pure rumor - no direct source) that they had requested to be moved to a lower bracket because of this being a rebuilding year. To my (very limited) knowledge of the Palmetto Cup - there is no lower bracket - just different flights that ultimately merge. Someone with more knowledge of the PC may know better. Makes sense that they withdrew if the thought was that they wouldn't be competitive. They won't be "down" long.

I heard (pure rumor - no direct source) that they had requested to be moved to a lower bracket because of this being a rebuilding year. To my (very limited) knowledge of the Palmetto Cup - there is no lower bracket - just different flights that ultimately merge. Someone with more knowledge of the PC may know better. Makes sense that they withdrew if the thought was that they wouldn't be competitive. They won't be "down" long.

At least you said pure rumor....

Many reasons why they chose not to make the trip. A lower bracket was not one of them. It will be a fun year for east tennessee. Farragut and Bearden are in the same tournament with alot of out of town teams. Should be a great showing from all over the state.

At least you said pure rumor....

Many reasons why they chose not to make the trip. A lower bracket was not one of them. It will be a fun year for east tennessee. Farragut and Bearden are in the same tournament with alot of out of town teams. Should be a great showing from all over the state.

Anyone that knows Coach Culbreth, would know he would never back down from the challenge. I don't know about this rumor, but I suspect that other factors went into the decision not to go to palmetto. What I do know is that these posts will only make this team that much more motivated.