Giles County Coach

Clay

Whew!!!! That's good. I'd heard several things from his grades to "trouble" with a girl.. Maybe he will be able to rebound and get back to division I. Speaking of coaches, has anyone heard of his father taking over control of that new Middle Tennessee Football team? If so, might not be bad if Bo comes back home. He'll still be able to play. :huh:

Whew!!!! That's good. I'd heard several things from his grades to "trouble" with a girl.. Maybe he will be able to rebound and get back to division I. Speaking of coaches, has anyone heard of his father taking over control of that new Middle Tennessee Football team? If so, might not be bad if Bo comes back home. He'll still be able to play. :huh:

the new middle tennessee football team?Bo come back home?what are you talking about?

• Upvote 1

If you are referring to Bo, he said he wasn't getting any snaps except on the scouting team. He transferred to East Miss. he hopes of getting more quality snaps and maybe even the starting job.

Yes, unfortunately, he quit when the oc became the head coach. Good luck to him t East. Hopefull, he will get to play.

the new middle tennessee football team?Bo come back home?what are you talking about?

I read where there is a new team in Giles County made up of former H.S. players. They are going by the rules of the TSSAA and heard a rumor that Bo is coming back to play QB for them in hopes of getting attention. What I'd heard was that his father was going to be the coach and that with the two of them hooked up together he may be preparing for the NFL. Don't know that for sure though. I think they are called the Mudders or Monsters. It was in the paper a few weeks ago. Anyone else heard this? It would be great to see Bo playing again infront of a packed house at Sam Davis!

The Monsters.That's just a rec. league.They don't play any games here all the games are played at Hunters Lane high school in Goodletsville.And Bo's dad isn't the coach.They have alot of former Richland and Giles co. players.I think Corey Pickett is the QB and Rico Brown,Raheem Holt,and Corey Houston are also playing.Should be fun to watch if you want to drive two hours.

The Monsters.That's just a rec. league.They don't play any games here all the games are played at Hunters Lane high school in Goodletsville.And Bo's dad isn't the coach.They have alot of former Richland and Giles co. players.I think Corey Pickett is the QB and Rico Brown,Raheem Holt,and Corey Houston are also playing.Should be fun to watch if you want to drive two hours.

Didn't know they were all being played close to Nashville. Word was Mr. Wallace was going to be taking over the role as head coach. Any truth to that rumor?

I highly doubt it.Lanny Rich a teacher/coach at RHS I know is helping.And a Yokley guy is also a coach.I could be wrong but have not heard or read anything about Bo's dad coaching.Should be fun to watch them just wish they played closer at least south Nashville.

• 5 months later...

I agree that we need to give him all the support we can but lets be realistic....... He really doesn't want to be here or he would have never chosen to leave to begin with... There's no way now that he will be able to devote all the needed engergy to the program. I mean Hastings let him come back with so much ease that he'll just walk over everybody now! Granted, he has been the best coach since Deere fifty or so years ago but this is a lame duck situation we are in now. I don't know why more people haven't spoken out about the stunt he pulled nor why no one is saying much about it! Having said that, I am afraid that GCHS football has seen its pennicle until Oconner is gone and someone with renewed energy comes in... Your hearing it first here! GC is a dead program from here on out!

I said it first! Right here! That was a lame game and since Hastings is gone maybe the Cardin kid can do something before we completely tank! The game Friday night was a completely tanked game and coach O's skills are diminished now. In addition to the major off season distraction, he's just got waaaaayyyyy too much going on anyway!

I said it first! Right here! That was a lame game and since Hastings is gone maybe the Cardin kid can do something before we completely tank! The game Friday night was a completely tanked game and coach O's skills are diminished now. In addition to the major off season distraction, he's just got waaaaayyyyy too much going on anyway!

If Cardin is going to fix anything Boys basketball is the place to start! Teams like the 2009 football team arent around every year, like the bball teams we have had the past several years in a row. I think the bball coach is the reason we dont have some of the weapons that would help the football team.

• Upvote 1

What a joke....GC loses by 13 points to a 6A team and you say the game was tanked. I bet you've been waiting for the first loss so you can act your Nostradamus or something. Why don't you look down the roster and see how young the team is and what OC is working with. Ask those seniors on the team that have state rings if OC is working any less....bet you won't find one player that says OC is putting any less into it.

• Upvote 1