Giles County Coach

Clay

What a joke....GC loses by 13 points to a 6A team and you say the game was tanked. I bet you've been waiting for the first loss so you can act your Nostradamus or something. Why don't you look down the roster and see how young the team is and what OC is working with. Ask those seniors on the team that have state rings if OC is working any less....bet you won't find one player that says OC is putting any less into it.

Nice!!! Spot on... :ph34r:

What a joke....GC loses by 13 points to a 6A team and you say the game was tanked. I bet you've been waiting for the first loss so you can act your Nostradamus or something. Why don't you look down the roster and see how young the team is and what OC is working with. Ask those seniors on the team that have state rings if OC is working any less....bet you won't find one player that says OC is putting any less into it.

He should be working hard. He had plenty of rest not having to go through spring practice like the teams that follow the rules.

If Cardin is going to fix anything Boys basketball is the place to start! Teams like the 2009 football team arent around every year, like the bball teams we have had the past several years in a row. I think the bball coach is the reason we dont have some of the weapons that would help the football team.

You sound like Phillip Fulmer year after year after year -"Weve got a young inexperienced team and were gonna dog gone work and get better". No, Regardless of the 6A classification we should have beaten them last Friday night! Nobody said our boys were giving less I referenced the coach isn't what he used to be! Take the contacts out and put the glasses back on or let someone else read the post to you! As for the boys basketball program, go back and look at the records over the past 50 years and you will see that until the current coach arrived we barely had winning teams much less runs at the State Tournament!

You sound like Phillip Fulmer year after year after year -"Weve got a young inexperienced team and were gonna dog gone work and get better". No, Regardless of the 6A classification we should have beaten them last Friday night! Nobody said our boys were giving less I referenced the coach isn't what he used to be! Take the contacts out and put the glasses back on or let someone else read the post to you! As for the boys basketball program, go back and look at the records over the past 50 years and you will see that until the current coach arrived we barely had winning teams much less runs at the State Tournament!

The current basket ball coach should be removed for various reasons. Just because he enjoys basket ball doesnt mean he has to hate on everything else..and he does ...and he will tell you that. Hes still scorned because he didn't get to ride out of town on the back of Tyler Smith. Had he been as focused on him as a student as he was a player maybe he could have followed him some where.

As for your comment "the coach isn't what he used to be", has considerable fault to it. In comparison OC has brought home a championship since Holt. And if you want to compare winning percentages over the last 5 years you will see OC is by far the leader.

My own opinion, this topic should cease.

Was the basketball coach at blame for what happen in the spring in terms of no spring football? Looks to me the fans would like to see both programs do well, but OC supporters only want the football team to do well.

You really don't have a clue do you...... should'nt you be off doing an unofficial poll or contest or something. Good thing to know Fairview football is sooo awesome this year all you have to do is focus on the GC coaches. What ya doin on Oct 7 Gerry?

You really don't have a clue do you...... should'nt you be off doing an unofficial poll or contest or something. Good thing to know Fairview football is sooo awesome this year all you have to do is focus on the GC coaches. What ya doin on Oct 7 Gerry?

Must of struck a nerve with you. Why don't you enlighten me? OC can break rules but the basketball coach gets the blame? I am perplexed.

October 7th is when me and my boy Julius Campbell are visiting Coach Boone. You want to hitch a ride to RIchmond with us.

;) I like what ole' Gerry has to say. Coach O did break the rules and just as if any other coach would have done it needs to be dealt with. I do agree that the "basketball" coach should not have done what he did but this county has always been a football county and always will be. IF and that is a monsterous IF coach O is here in 20 years and has sustainable winning program like the "basketball" coach has had then you will have a valid argument if not point. I also see resentment from the basketball coach since O'Conner has been here and that jealousy is not good at all. Not good for the programs and not good for the school. Then again, this is, has and always been a football school and town but my point has been that Hastings should have never let O'conner back because the program will only go donw now! Huh, 6A school. Still doesn't matter! We shouldn't have lost to them! That's all on Coach!

Was the basketball coach at blame for what happen in the spring in terms of no spring football? Looks to me the fans would like to see both programs do well, but OC supporters only want the football team to do well.

You say your name was Gary, you must mean Jerry and bobcat012 is Dean Martin. Some one said go back 50 years on bball, they were winning before bholt got there and were up a class, stands to reason if you move down a class you should win. Basketball is winning and if you ask anyone not related to bh, it aint coaching. Last year you could thank the football players for the Bobcats bball run, gave them strength and toughness. This year you wont have a football player on the bball team, since bh said "You play football dont worry about playing basketball". Thanks, now you hurt both teams. For the record I would love to see both teams do well. I am with you rock this topic should cease and I am done wasting my breath on a waste of gym space.

Edited by dadtimesfive

Dad Dad Dad :rolleyes: Where have you been the past couple of decades? Or, say, a few years before he became coach? Have you been :ph34r: ? You must either not remember, been there or too young to know much about Giles County basketball. Yes, they were playing a higher division before he got there BUT and that is a huge BUT they were also 3A out of only three classifications when he got there and immediately they produced more wins and advanced further than before! If you really knew anything about G.C. basket ball you would know that immediately after his arrival he began letting the team play "street ball" and by doing so had the athletes who would not play start to play. Ummm, I think it's best you stick with commenting on football. Though your not all that intuned with it either you do have just a tad more knowledge about what is going on now. But then again, ;) you show just how much you know when you start typing.