Giles County Coach

Clay

:roflol: Oh ok. I didn't realize or know there was a history with 12. Carry on Ole Wise One. :thumb:

ha He may be a newbie on this account, but he has quite a few more aliases that have been deleted. :thumb:

Oconner wants to be here or he would be somewhere else. Easy as that. Why would he be here if he wanted to go somewhere else?

WOMG I got a kick out of the resemblance of a pigeon and the poster that you pointed out. Hadn't thought of that one. :roflol:

Hello and Merry Christmas to all the Giles Co folks.

Congrats on another great season.

Just curious...went to a Bethel game this year and noticed the Houston kid wasn't on the roster in the program. I met his Dad last year and he seemed like a good guy. Just curious about this good player and what he's up too? Is he playing anywhere?

This ain't 12's 1st rodeo hammer. Stick around. The rubbings just started :ph34r:

ha He may be a newbie on this account, but he has quite a few more aliases that have been deleted. :thumb:

Oconner wants to be here or he would be somewhere else. Easy as that. Why would he be here if he wanted to go somewhere else?

WOMG I got a kick out of the resemblance of a pigeon and the poster that you pointed out. Hadn't thought of that one. :roflol:

Ahhh... I miss the good old days!!!!

Truth is if this is where he wanted to be, then he would have never left to begin with.. I also have wondered after each successive season if he would be gone. Now, we know it is not a matter of "if" he will be leaving after each seasons end but "when".. This whole fiasco just stinks!!! Then again, we could be going through the trials of our northern brothers up there in Lynnville!

Ahhh... I miss the good old days!!!!

Truth is if this is where he wanted to be, then he would have never left to begin with.. I also have wondered after each successive season if he would be gone. Now, we know it is not a matter of "if" he will be leaving after each seasons end but "when".. This whole fiasco just stinks!!! Then again, we could be going through the trials of our northern brothers up there in Lynnville!

OK... Your supposed to put milk in your cherrios not that yellow stuff! But hey! I bet thats not the only really weird thing you do.

Our coaching group is top notch from top to bottom. Good coaches and good people. By the way...if your trying to play amatuer psychologist....which it seems you are, you should apply your own theory. The coaches left LC only after a couple hours, and returned to GC. Therefore, by your theory Giles must be where they want to be. As for myself I'm glad there here at GC and hope they stay for a long time.

I agree that we need to give him all the support we can but lets be realistic....... He really doesn't want to be here or he would have never chosen to leave to begin with... There's no way now that he will be able to devote all the needed engergy to the program. I mean Hastings let him come back with so much ease that he'll just walk over everybody now! Granted, he has been the best coach since Deere fifty or so years ago but this is a lame duck situation we are in now. I don't know why more people haven't spoken out about the stunt he pulled nor why no one is saying much about it! Having said that, I am afraid that GCHS football has seen its pennicle until Oconner is gone and someone with renewed energy comes in... Your hearing it first here! GC is a dead program from here on out!

:thumb: I will say that the Bobcats now go back to the top of the district on all preseason boards. Coach OC may leave someday but it will be to Alabama, not another team in Tennessee; he will enjoy the 2011 season at Giles will a strong supporting cast of coaches and returning players who will get past the 2nd round next year. :thumb:

"OK... Your supposed to put milk in your cherrios not that yellow stuff! But hey! I bet thats not the only really weird thing you do.

Our coaching group is top notch from top to bottom. Good coaches and good people. By the way...if your trying to play amatuer psychologist....which it seems you are, you should apply your own theory. The coaches left LC only after a couple hours, and returned to GC. Therefore, by your theory Giles must be where they want to be. As for myself I'm glad there here at GC and hope they stay for a long time."

As you sometimes do-or-most of the time-you make no sense pebble! "left LC only after a couple of hours" tells even a semi educated person that he didn't want to be here but that GC was only a fall back place for him! I'm glad that he came here and I'm glad that he built the program up.... But, at the same time, what he did has caused damage. The extent won't be known till this football season or maybe the next but you know everyone is going to be questioning his moves and motives... Naw, lol, there's been a milky substance in your cornflakes and I'm sure it isn't milk either!

, what he did has caused damage. The extent won't be known till this football season

12.....12....12.....You are aware this is high school football we're talking about aren't you. Most of these boys can't recall the previous week much less the on goings of what your implying. They work hard under OC and the results are positive. And since Mike Leach is headed for Maryland, I would say we are in pretty good shape. But with that said, You go ahead and keep trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

TO EVERYBODY ELSE, MERRY CHRISTMAS! AND IF YOU SEE 12 AND WE HAVE SNOW, GO AHEAD AND TOSS HIM A SNOW BALL OR TWO.....when he ain't lookin.

Well we all started with one so lets not get all high and mighty because you are not a newbie. When I first started posting a Guy with 2000+ post chimed in with this crap. Sorry it just rubs me wrong I guess.

With that being said, I personally think you have got a great coach who is happy where he's at. His dream job came open. He had a chance to come home and coach where he played and learned the game. Due to unforeseen circumstances he decided to stay put. I doubt another job comes up that will excite him like the LC job for quite some time.

Face the facts. If you have a winning coach, people are going to try and entice him to come to their school. That's a good problem to have. Its when no one wants your coach that you have serious problems. An. 825 winning percentage will get you noticed. I don't know Mr. Hastings personally but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Lets see, he could have not let O'Connor come back and start from scratch or let a coach with a. 825 winning percentage come back. Seems like a "no brainer" to me.

Not all coaches are Joe Paterno's. He will eventually leave. Enjoy the ride.

don't agree.you've got it backwards.due to unforseen circumstances,he took the LC job.then the LC school vote brought him back to where he had already decided to stay.he had already turned down a super job at another AAA school to stay at giles.he's where he want's to be!LC was not his dream job.GO BOBCATS!!!!!!

don't agree.you've got it backwards.due to unforseen circumstances,he took the LC job.then the LC school vote brought him back to where he had already decided to stay.he had already turned down a super job at another AAA school to stay at giles.he's where he want's to be!LC was not his dream job.GO BOBCATS!!!!!!

You don't have to agree with me, but these are facts not opinions. He did leave GC to come to LC. He told Hastings he rsesigned. He told his players he was gone and was announced as LC's next head coach.He said that this (LC job) was his dream job. It was Fayetteville City school board that voted to add a city high school and not LC school system. We already have a high school. I believe he is where he wants to be due to this vote. This is not a dig at GC. LC is where he's from. He was coming home, but he decided to stay put. Good for him.

As far as O'Connor turning down another job offer. I wouldn't be surprised if he's turn down a lot of job offers. Good coaches get offers all the time. O'Connor is a good coach.

Good luck to the Bobcats.