Mr Football

pujo

I agree here. A lot of your better players at this level, with the few rare exceptions, are on teams that dominant throughout the regular season. Therefore, these kids don't get the playing time to put up the "gaudy" numbers. I can only think of two people in the last 20 years that would be considered "featured backs" at TC. One won Mr. Football in 3A, the other won a state title. In some years we've had as many as 4 kids all over 1000 yards rushing. We like to spread the wealth. ;)

This year we have a couple of lineman, in my opinion should have been considered. Both have excelled in the classroom, scoring very high on the ACT. Both demand double teams on defense every play. Both have only played in three full games this year, therefore they don't fill the stat sheet. But both are 39-1 as a starter and both have two rings. There's a stat for you!

Not trying to take anything away from the 6 nominations. Just wanting to state my opinion and give some examples where the stat's don't always tell the whole story.

This is very similar to what I have observed at S.P. over the years as well.

Congratulations to all of the finalists in all classifications, but I think it is absolutely sad that Raquis Hale from South Pittsburg isnt a finalist. I know the other young men are deserving as well, but I can't believe Raquis isnt a finalist. I believe he only averaged 11-12 touches per game and still have ALOT of yards rushing in ten games. Oh well, hopefully he will get his team focused and lead them to bigger things down the road.

As it will be if SP isn't holding the Gold Ball after it's all said and done...Hale will have his chance to take what he can control...Mr Football is overrated and has been since Tripp Tucker beat Eddie Moore in 98....Laughable but alot of times it's who u know rather than who is the best....It's sad but it's Life....Congrats to those that did make it....Now it's time to shut the doubters up and take care of business

Edited by TrainTracks99

As it will be if SP isn't holding the Gold Ball after it's all said and done...Hale will have his chance to take what he can control...Mr Football is overrated and has been since Tripp Tucker beat Eddie Moore in 98....Laughable but alot of times it's who u know rather than who is the best....It's sad but it's Life....Congrats to those that did make it....Now it's time to shut the doubters up and take care of business

Dad burnit TT, Old Pirate is a rite proud of yous....yous finally poated something that is completely on target :thumb:

HOW BOUT THEM WAR EAGLES

Edited by OLD PIRATE

The Tucker kids numbers are legit,td's vs.int's,compleation percentages,yards per game,rushing yards...you get the picture.The picture that most people aren't getting is that Perry Co. has a player on defense worthy of being nominated for Mr. football too...his name is Jacob Tucker,check out this young mans stats on defense,and its too much to deny him the honor,IMHO! ;)

The Tucker kids numbers are legit,td's vs.int's,compleation percentages,yards per game,rushing yards...you get the picture.The picture that most people aren't getting is that Perry Co. has a player on defense worthy of being nominated for Mr. football too...his name is Jacob Tucker,check out this young mans stats on defense,and its too much to deny him the honor,IMHO! ;)

:thumb: Anybody who was at the PC game tonight saw why Jacob Tucker is on that list. That's my humble opinion.

Rice 4tds tonight 3 passing 1 rushing didnt get to pass in the last 2 drives of the 3rd quarter or any in the 4th. Wayne Co. had NCS mercy ruled and pulled half there starters and NCS got 3 late tds. My vote would got to Rice Mr. Football. Good luck to all

Tucker was 18/27 338 yds 4 td 1 in, passing.... 9 52 rushing

Rice was 8/15 163 yds 3 td 1 unt, passing..... 1 35 yds 1 td rushing

My vote would be for Tucker, plus he beat WC