Greeneville vs Gibbs

DevilMan03

Now don't go pickin' on Wolverine, Bud....he's convinced that there is parity with the Devils because Gibbs scored 8 more points on Fulton than Greeneville did. Of course their defense gave up 54 to Fulton...which is, hmmmmmmm 54 MORE THAN THE GREENEVILLE DEFENSE. I rather doubt they have met a defense with this much speed this season. Jamel and Chaz will be as neighborly to Hibbett as they were to Ben Winters...and offer a nice mouthful of rug. Greeneville.....big. FIRE-SNOT BABY!!!

As a Gibbs alum I know for a fact we can take trash talk. Our FB is traditionally not very good so I've heard worse than is allowed on this site. Also, any one at the GHS/Fulton game would know that Gibbs was up 28-0 before 2 terrible personal fouls were called leading to 2 Fulton td's and a total shift of momentum. Ben Winters is not very good and would not have thrown as many completions if GHS's lb's were not routinely tackled by big, slow offense lineman on their way to Winters. Greeneville is good, but Gibbs is no push over. And we play AE and Fulton every year so we know speed. Both teams, until the past 2 or 3 years have dominated this part of the state for almost a decade. That's Speed.

As a Gibbs alum I know for a fact we can take trash talk. Our FB is traditionally not very good so I've heard worse than is allowed on this site. Also, any one at the GHS/Fulton game would know that Gibbs was up 28-0 before 2 terrible personal fouls were called leading to 2 Fulton td's and a total shift of momentum. Ben Winters is not very good and would not have thrown as many completions if GHS's lb's were not routinely tackled by big, slow offense lineman on their way to Winters. Greeneville is good, but Gibbs is no push over. And we play AE and Fulton every year so we know speed. Both teams, until the past 2 or 3 years have dominated this part of the state for almost a decade. That's Speed.

gibbs was just 21 to 8 nt 28 to 0 . gibbs is a joke always will be a joke . to scared to play anybody that is tough for their non district game. fultom should have score 70 on slow kids. hibbett will get destroy by greenville. he fumble three

times when he was hit hard by fulton. gibbs fans are a bunch of cry babies . hey gibbs who you scheduling next year

gibbs was just 21 to 8 nt 28 to 0 . gibbs is a joke always will be a joke . to scared to play anybody that is tough for their non district game. fultom should have score 70 on slow kids. hibbett will get destroy by greenville. he fumble three

times when he was hit hard by fulton. gibbs fans are a bunch of cry babies . hey gibbs who you scheduling next year

Ben Winters is not very good and would not have thrown as many completions if GHS's lb's were not routinely tackled by big, slow offense lineman on their way to Winters. Greeneville is good, but Gibbs is no push over. And we play AE and Fulton every year so we know speed. Both teams, until the past 2 or 3 years have dominated this part of the state for almost a decade. That's Speed.

I don't really think you can say a QB like Winters with nearly 5000 career yds is "not very good"...that's a cheap shot at a very talented athlete and well, he managed to hang some points on your Eagles. Man if the Gibbs LBs aren't fast enough to get past the Fulton o-line then Greeneville is gonna score at will. You ain't gonna catch Willy C and you really don't want to give him time to throw...threw it just 4 times against Fulton and completed 3 for 111 yds and 2 TD's.(2 passes came in a 99 yd, 2 play drive for a TD after Fulton's tremendous kicking game pinned us on the 1) Greeneville has a young o-line, but they are big, powerful and well disciplined.

I don't really think you can say a QB like Winters with nearly 5000 career yds is "not very good"...that's a cheap shot at a very talented athlete and well, he managed to hang some points on your Eagles. Man if the Gibbs LBs aren't fast enough to get past the Fulton o-line then Greeneville is gonna score at will. You ain't gonna catch Willy C and you really don't want to give him time to throw...threw it just 4 times against Fulton and completed 3 for 111 yds and 2 TD's.(2 passes came in a 99 yd, 2 play drive for a TD after Fulton's tremendous kicking game pinned us on the 1) Greeneville has a young o-line, but they are big, powerful and well disciplined.

Winters plays in a district with d's who can't compete with the skill players who are around him. If you look at Fulton in the past their QB's have been much better. And I never said we had a lock down defense. We have a decent D who does well against the run. Outside skill players can hurt Gibbs. Your receivers should do well for sure. I didnt say they weren't fast enough to get to the QB either. I said they were tackled by the oline, not outran. You should have to throw more than 4 times as well. Conley will put 8 in the box before he lets you run all over him. And I'm sure your offense is good. But we've scored quite a few points ourselves.

First apparently Keyboarding is not an offered class at Greeneville. Second I never talked about Gibbs being a traditional powerhouse in HS FB. We're usually out talented at every position and lacking in depth. We happen to have a talented class of Seniors this year and have won some games. Also, I don't remember hearing about Greeneville dominating anybody in anything. At least Gibbs has some sports to hang their hats on. Also, they didn't hang 70 and we matched Td's for the better part of the game. Hibbett carried the ball over and over again against fulton. How many times a game do your rb's touch the ball. I bet Hibbett carries that much by himself, and what are we crying about. We don't think your going to stomp us in dirt, oh wait "the rubber pellets" you guys talk so much about. You might blow us out and go to win the State and if you do super for you. If Gibbs loses I'm not going to cry myself to sleep over it, but I'm sure if you lose you'll crap your pants and talk about how many teams you blew out this year. In closing, When you have 2 teams in your region who every year for almost 2 decades have been in the State playoff race you try not to schedule big games outside of your region.

Winters plays in a district with d's who can't compete with the skill players who are around him. If you look at Fulton in the past their QB's have been much better. And I never said we had a lock down defense. We have a decent D who does well against the run. Outside skill players can hurt Gibbs. Your receivers should do well for sure. I didnt say they weren't fast enough to get to the QB either. I said they were tackled by the oline, not outran. You should have to throw more than 4 times as well. Conley will put 8 in the box before he lets you run all over him. And I'm sure your offense is good. But we've scored quite a few points ourselves.

Yep you have...Gibbs has outscored its opposition 549-228 in a schedule that so far has included 1 1A school and 10 2A schools.(not broken down into play-off subclasses). Greeneville's scoring is 629-114...our schedule has 9 2A teams and 3 3A teams(also not broken down into play-off subclasses. Your Eagles beat 1A, THE Grace Christian Academy 45-19. Greeneville beat 5A Tennessee High 56-0.Of course that's comparing apples to oranges....lets look at just apples. We have faced 4 common opponents... Grainger, Claiborne, Cumberland Gap and Fulton. Gibbs scored 182 points in those 4 games while surrendering 74. Greeneville outscored those same four 233-21. Gibbs has faced 6 teams that have won at least 50% of their games...Greeneville's schedule had 9 over 50%. Now neither of us is gonna get high marks for our strength of schedule....we have a rather soft conference (even though the Greene County teams had commendable seasons)and try to compensate with strong non-con games. If you think losing to Fulton prepared you for the butt-kicking you are gonna get at Burley on Friday night, then you are in for a rude awakening.

First apparently Keyboarding is not an offered class at Greeneville. Second I never talked about Gibbs being a traditional powerhouse in HS FB. We're usually out talented at every position and lacking in depth. We happen to have a talented class of Seniors this year and have won some games. Also, I don't remember hearing about Greeneville dominating anybody in anything. At least Gibbs has some sports to hang their hats on. Also, they didn't hang 70 and we matched Td's for the better part of the game. Hibbett carried the ball over and over again against fulton. How many times a game do your rb's touch the ball. I bet Hibbett carries that much by himself, and what are we crying about. We don't think your going to stomp us in dirt, oh wait "the rubber pellets" you guys talk so much about. You might blow us out and go to win the State and if you do super for you. If Gibbs loses I'm not going to cry myself to sleep over it, but I'm sure if you lose you'll crap your pants and talk about how many teams you blew out this year. In closing, When you have 2 teams in your region who every year for almost 2 decades have been in the State playoff race you try not to schedule big games outside of your region.

Contrary to popular belief in the Knoxville area, the state of Tennessee does not end at Dollywood. Might want to ask some of your local hs wrestlers if Greeneville has dominated anyone in anything...or Girls basketball. Ask MoWest or Sullivan South or Tennessee High if we were ever in the "play-off race". And don't use playing AE or Fulton as an excuse to schedule weak non-conference games. You are where you are right now because they play Morristown East and West, Knox West,Powell, Catholic and Alcoa. You got the number 1 seed because you beat Grace and they lost to Alcoa. They could have played your schedule and been #1 seed but if you played theirs you would probably not have made it past the first round as the #6 seed. All that "we're great cause we play AE and Fulton" is crap. They beat yall for years and will probably beat yall for 20 more.

Edited by barb