Greeneville vs Gibbs

DevilMan03

Thanks for bringing that up. It's actually a really interesting story dating back to the 1800's and Civil War days. The Union wanted it to be spelled Greenville, and the Confederacy wanted it to be spelled Greeneville, well since the Union won the war it was decided that it would be spelled Greenville. But my great, great, great, great grandpappy fought for the confederacy and spelled it Greeneville til the day he died, so I decided when I was 7 years old that I would spell it Greeneville to honor him.

My Mother is also from that area and I'm sort of a history guy and I'm pretty sure it was actually called Greenesville, not Greeneville like our hometown, although it was named for the same man, Nathaniel Greene. Greenesville was eventually shortened to Greenville but not during the Civil War.

I give you no credit at all and you seem to be blowing smoke in a direction that I can't say if I want to remain a coacht member.

Listen Barbara (hope you don't mind calling you that), my screen name is referring to Greeneville, North Carolina (born and raised in Raleigh, you wouldn't understand).

The Maplewood staff hired ($$$) me to scout the mighty Gibbs Eagles and the very average Greeneville high team because they will more than likely face the winner in the upcoming round. My opinion is very highly valued in the Tennessee high school coaching ranks. I'm a film room mercenary, if you will.

sounds like to me your a BLIND!!!!! film room mercenary if you thing this Hibbit guy is gonna run all over Greeneville. I mean come on there a dang run D the hibbit guy is no where colse to athletic or fast as the kid from fulton and they didnt even get on the board i mean to be a mercnary SIR.... YOU KNOW NOTHINGG!!!!! :thumb:

G-ville-42

gibbs- 3 maybe :roflol::roflolk:

And just fyi, I've been doing this for over 40 years, so if anybody OTB (on this board; coach speak) thinks they know more than me, they don't.

That's not coach speak. That's internet/ computer speak. I'm pretty sure that 90% of the coaches in Tennessee would have no idea what you were talking about if you said "OTB" to them.

I don't blame you at all, friend. I've been a member of this board for an hour now and the amount of personal attacks I've seen makes me sick! :|

Does this board even have any mods??? Come on, guys...

If you don't want attacks, maybe you shouldn't post. Especially with the comments that you yourself made in your first post. We all have backbones here. Mama always said, "if you can't take it, don't dish it out."

Edited by budkilmer

Gibbs is a well coached football team who works hard. With that said, nobody in the state out works the Greene Devils. Devils beat Gibbs during the summer at 7 in the morning outside working and getting better. Gibbs has never played a team thats as physical as the Devils or as well conditioned. Devils win big!

My Mother is also from that area and I'm sort of a history guy and I'm pretty sure it was actually called Greenesville, not Greeneville like our hometown, although it was named for the same man, Nathaniel Greene. Greenesville was eventually shortened to Greenville but not during the Civil War.

I give you no credit at all and you seem to be blowing smoke in a direction that I can't say if I want to remain a coacht member.

Yeah Bud my bloomers are gettin' a little smoky too....