Greeneville vs Gibbs

DevilMan03

Yep you have...Gibbs has outscored its opposition 549-228 in a schedule that so far has included 1 1A school and 10 2A schools.(not broken down into play-off subclasses). Greeneville's scoring is 629-114...our schedule has 9 2A teams and 3 3A teams(also not broken down into play-off subclasses. Your Eagles beat 1A, THE Grace Christian Academy 45-19. Greeneville beat 5A Tennessee High 56-0.Of course that's comparing apples to oranges....lets look at just apples. We have faced 4 common opponents... Grainger, Claiborne, Cumberland Gap and Fulton. Gibbs scored 182 points in those 4 games while surrendering 74. Greeneville outscored those same four 233-21. Gibbs has faced 6 teams that have won at least 50% of their games...Greeneville's schedule had 9 over 50%. Now neither of us is gonna get high marks for our strength of schedule....we have a rather soft conference (even though the Greene County teams had commendable seasons)and try to compensate with strong non-con games. If you think losing to Fulton prepared you for the butt-kicking you are gonna get at Burley on Friday night, then you are in for a rude awakening.

Once again, I haven't once said that Gibbs is a powerhouse, or that they outscored Greeneville this season. I didn't dig through numbers as you did, very diligently I might add (Square). All I did is point out that Gibbs has scored some points this year. Maybe not as many as Greeneville(Greatest HS team ever according to people in Greeneville), but they've won enough games to get this far. They might go up there and get smashed or walloped or whatever you guys call it, they may come up there and give you a game and lose, or they might just come up there surprise you and beat you (Which would be followed by the Apocalypse according to Greeneville fans i'm sure).I'm not saying Gibbs is better or that you can't beat us. Im saying just because you've kicked the crap out of some teams this year doesn't mean you're going to roll us. Do it and I wont say another word.

Contrary to popular belief in the Knoxville area, the state of Tennessee does not end at Dollywood. Might want to ask some of your local hs wrestlers if Greeneville has dominated anyone in anything...or Girls basketball. Ask MoWest or Sullivan South or Tennessee High if we were ever in the "play-off race". And don't use playing AE or Fulton as an excuse to schedule weak non-conference games. You are where you are right now because they play Morristown East and West, Knox West,Powell, Catholic and Alcoa. You got the number 1 seed because you beat Grace and they lost to Alcoa. They could have played your schedule and been #1 seed but if you played theirs you would probably not have made it past the first round as the #6 seed. All that "we're great cause we play AE and Fulton" is crap. They beat yall for years and will probably beat yall for 20 more.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you seriously just brought up high school wrestling

Contrary to popular belief in the Knoxville area, the state of Tennessee does not end at Dollywood. Might want to ask some of your local hs wrestlers if Greeneville has dominated anyone in anything...or Girls basketball. Ask MoWest or Sullivan South or Tennessee High if we were ever in the "play-off race". And don't use playing AE or Fulton as an excuse to schedule weak non-conference games. You are where you are right now because they play Morristown East and West, Knox West,Powell, Catholic and Alcoa. You got the number 1 seed because you beat Grace and they lost to Alcoa. They could have played your schedule and been #1 seed but if you played theirs you would probably not have made it past the first round as the #6 seed. All that "we're great cause we play AE and Fulton" is crap. They beat yall for years and will probably beat yall for 20 more.

I know where Greeneville is and good for you in Wrestling and G Bball. Gibbs Softball has been to the State tournament like 25 years in a row, has won a Championship in Baseball and routinely plays for more. Soccer is solid. Wrestling is decent and Golf wins region titles. Corryton is just as small as Greeneville and lacks in FB talent. AE and Fulton beat everyone normally and we have teams we play preaty much every year. Do we schedule up....no we don't because normally we would get pounded, and that would be dumb. Until the reclassification we had Fulton, AE, Anderson Cty, and Kingston all in one region with us. Not to mention Loudon and Scott Cty. So Scheduling tough out of region games would be stupid. Gibbs has not won a region title in almost 20 years. So why in the heck would we play good teams to get blasted week after week. If we continue to do well we will play better teams more consistently. Also, if you played AE and Fulton every year for the past 2 decades would you have a winning record against either. The answer is no.

yall keep runnin your mouths about east tn football. You kids bring it down west tn to Memphis and we will show you high school football.

williewho, you have got to be a really young person, if you thinkwest tn football is better than easttn football, young man you need to go back for the last 30 years and look who brought home the most gold balls i will say in single A you may have more but in AA and AAA it is probaly 2 to 1 or better for easttn, middletn probaly has more than west. :roflol::arrow:

East TN dominates the west in fb. You for sure have the edge in Bball but FB is ours.

Are you just overwhelmed with volunteer pride now due to the fact your vols played two of the worst teams in college football the past two weeks and finally got a couple wins under their belts?

Edited by WillieWho

Once again, I haven't once said that Gibbs is a powerhouse, or that they outscored Greeneville this season. I didn't dig through numbers as you did, very diligently I might add (Square). All I did is point out that Gibbs has scored some points this year. Maybe not as many as Greeneville(Greatest HS team ever according to people in Greeneville), but they've won enough games to get this far. They might go up there and get smashed or walloped or whatever you guys call it, they may come up there and give you a game and lose, or they might just come up there surprise you and beat you (Which would be followed by the Apocalypse according to Greeneville fans i'm sure).I'm not saying Gibbs is better or that you can't beat us. Im saying just because you've kicked the crap out of some teams this year doesn't mean you're going to roll us. Do it and I wont say another word.

You know we are supposed to think our team is the greatest ever...they're our kids. And even if we thought we might lose one(which of course we don't) we dang sure wouldn't admit it on a football fan board 3 days before the game. We are DEVIL FANS, and as such, are as sure of victory as our next breath. If's and but's....mights and mays don't exist. Football is a game of will and won't...not try. I would rather our guys know we are behind them 200% than to read the wishy-washy " well they might" drivel that you post in support of your Eagles. And for the record, I don't care whether you post or not after Friday...