Anderson County @ Knox West

RunninRebels

West has played some good teams this reg season and has an excellent chance to run the table. AC plays in a weak district with Powell being the only other team competition. IMO the MAVS are not prepared for where they are headed. WEST REBELS 35 AC 10.

I ignore your lack of logic, Greyrider, when you post for your adopted Maryville Rebels, but I cannot now but notice and comment on the paucity of your understanding with respect to District 3AAA football. The OR Wildcats seemed to have given the invincible Rebels of Maryville a decent game. Hardin Valley might take exception too to your lack of respect. Although we do indeed bow to the superiority of the mighty Maryville Rebels, we can play a little (albeit in your mind substandard) football in District 3AAA and have one fine coach by the name of Gillum here at AC who captains our ship (of course, we know he can't hold the proverbial candle to GQ -- and while we're on topic, don't you like Joel Helton?). Whilst I will not predict a win for the mighty Mavs -- it's not my schtick -- I will predict that your score prognostication is utter and total bunk.

Edited by MavMaximus

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ignore your lack of logic, Greyrider, when you post for your adopted Maryville Rebels, but I cannot now but notice and comment on the paucity of your understanding with respect to District 3AAA football. The OR Wildcats seemed to have given the invincible Rebels of Maryville a decent game. Hardin Valley might take exception too to your lack of respect. Although we do indeed bow to the superiority of the mighty Maryville Rebels, we can play a little (albeit in your mind substandard) football in District 3AAA and have one fine coach by the name of Gillum here at AC who captains our ship (of course, we know he can't hold the proverbial candle to GQ -- and while we're on topic, don't you like Joel Helton?). Whilst I will not predict a win for the mighty Mavs -- it's not my schtick -- I will predict that your score prognostication is utter and total bunk.

Wow ! That 21 point loss " Moral victory " may just turn into a win before it's all over !! :roflol:

Good luck to both teams , whichever team does win I'll be pulling for all the way !

Wow ! That 21 point loss " Moral victory " may just turn into a win before it's all over !! :roflol:

Good luck to both teams , whichever team does win I'll be pulling for all the way !

One could have expected you'd interject yourself whenever Maryville is mentioned, peppy. I certainly expected it but I don't consider the score in the Maryville - OR game a moral victory for the latter. I do know, however, that it was a contest and a hard-hitting game. And, FWIW, I'll be pulling for Maryville all the way too if they get past the Bulldogs this Friday.

Edited by MavMaximus

West has played some good teams this reg season and has an excellent chance to run the table. AC plays in a weak district with Powell being the only other team competition. IMO the MAVS are not prepared for where they are headed. WEST REBELS 35 AC 10.

I will agree with you that West played a tougher regular season then Anderson County, but AC has beaten a pretty good Mowest team and a great Powell team while west got a couple cupcakes from net, AC is tested and I promise you they will be prepared.

One could have expected you'd interject yourself whenever Maryville is mentioned, peppy. I certainly expected it but I don't consider the score in the Maryville - OR game a moral victory for the latter. I do know, however, that it was a contest and a hard-hitting game.

Didn't realize you'd get your feelings hurt so easy . Glad you have so much Pride in your Wildcats .... nothing wrong with that.

I know ... I was just joking with you .... I do wish You guys and West both good luck , and It would be awesome to make it to Cookeville and see you guys there .

And same to the the truly mighty Maryville Rebels! West will be all we can handle, I'm sure. They will be tough and they have been battle tested for sure! But just like you BC football fans, we pull for all of our other Anderson County teams too.

Edited by MavMaximus

And same to the the truly mighty Maryville Rebels! West will be all we can handle, I'm sure. They will be tough and they have been battle tested for sure! But just like you BC football fans, we pull for our Anderson County teams too.

That's Cool , I'll be pulling for the Ridgers this week too ..... probably for different reasons than you though ... Homefield advantage if Maryville and Oak Ridge both win . :thumb:

West is a tricky team to figure out , they have great athletes , but they can be a very hot and cold team ... when they're playing good , it would be hard for anybody to beat them . Impressive win for you all over Powell , and my guess is whichever team brings it's " A " game to the field wins .

That's Cool , I'll be pulling for the Ridgers this week too ..... probably for different reasons than you though ... Homefield advantage if Maryville and Oak Ridge both win . :thumb:

West is a tricky team to figure out , they have great athletes , but they can be a very hot and cold team ... when they're playing good , it would be hard for anybody to beat them . Impressive win for you all over Powell , and my guess is whichever team brings it's " A " game to the field wins .

West is indeed somewhat of an enigma given their impressive win over the Bulldogs versus their comparably curious loss to the Admirals. Hence, I think you're right on the prediction.

Edited by MavMaximus

It always takes West about mid season to really get churning (After Farragut this year). I don't know why, but that always seems to be the case. To all the Maryville fans, I wish West still played you in the middle of the season. We always gave you guys a great game, but now Maryville kicks the crap out of us because the game is so early! :x