Anderson County @ Knox West

RunninRebels

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Space3, I like predictions that put the Mavericks backs to the wall. Their focus is better and it makes them hungry. My biggest concern is as always. That is, who really wants to be here. The playoffs aren't for every 'team'. The whole team (every player) has to have the mind set of 'wanting to be there' for the prize at the end. It's tough and tiring to start the season anew in October for every playoff game is a championship game. In most cases, talent and coaching alone will not be the complete package. That's why Maryville and Alcoa are so good every year (besides the talent and coaching). Their players are use to playing and practicing up to December. They expect it as part of their season for the championship run. I don't know if AC is there yet, but they're very very close.

This past week gainst Powell, a person associated with another district football team was on AC's sidelines. He couldn't believe the atmosphere and focus of the AC team (those playing and on the sidelines).

Don't worry, be happy.

opressed, Did the Kitty cats play AC this year?

ORidgeKat.....Powell "Panthers". AC needs to move passed Powell, on to West.

I have questions about Mavericksinflight. Where do his true loyalties lie? Is he from Powell? Is he from Anderson County? Where did he transfer from...to? Did he fly from Powell to AC or from AC to Powell? Is he :roflolk: Anderson County football? Or is he :roflolk: Maryville/Alcoa's disruption of the AC/West thread? Hmmmmmmmm..........

Edited by oppressed238

ORidgeKat.....Powell "Panthers". AC needs to move passed Powell, on to West.

I have questions about Mavericksinflight. Where do his true loyalties lie? Is he from Powell? Is he from Anderson County? Where did he transfer from...to? Did he fly from Powell to AC or from AC to Powell? Is he :roflolk: Anderson County football? Or is he :roflolk: Maryville/Alcoa's disruption of the AC/West thread? Hmmmmmmmm..........

Strange you would ask such a question, Oppressed238? Well lets just say this you will not get too much closer to the Coach without being his brother Russ. Blood is thicker then water! Hey I was the loudest fan on the sidelines last week.

Were you at the Game? On a different note seriously the Mavericks have had another Great Season and I wish the best for the Seniors as they pursue the rest of their life goals. West is well balanced and the schedule they endured was one of the roughest in the State of Tennessee. Good Luck Mavericks we Love You Guys!

Strange you would ask such a question, Oppressed238? Well lets just say this you will not get too much closer to the Coach without being his brother Russ. Blood is thicker then water! Hey I was the loudest fan on the sidelines last week.

Were you at the Game? On a different note seriously the Mavericks have had another Great Season and I wish the best for the Seniors as they pursue the rest of their life goals. West is well balanced and the schedule they endured was one of the roughest in the State of Tennessee. Good Luck Mavericks we Love You Guys!

Just trying to interpret (?) some of your posts. Your name is interesting ,also. In flight? .....anywho..

You are correct. Blood IS thicker than water.

Yes, I was there. One of the most fun atmospheres EVER. The Maverick fans WERE PUMPED UP!

I wish the seniors best of luck, also, in their future endevours. These playoff days will be ones they will remember and tell their grandkids about.

West's defense is tough this year. They are playing lights out. I'm sure Coach Gillum will have a few more tricks up his sleeves this week offensively, but our defense must be prepared. Probably will boil down to the more aggressive team.

GO MAVS!

Just trying to interpret (?) some of your posts. Your name is interesting ,also. In flight? .....anywho..

You are correct. Blood IS thicker than water.

Yes, I was there. One of the most fun atmospheres EVER. The Maverick fans WERE PUMPED UP!

I wish the seniors best of luck, also, in their future endevours. These playoff days will be ones they will remember and tell their grandkids about.

West's defense is tough this year. They are playing lights out. I'm sure Coach Gillum will have a few more tricks up his sleeves this week offensively, but our defense must be prepared. Probably will boil down to the more aggressive team.

GO MAVS!

Yea Oppressed I do not like my post. Trust me I would rather not post but someone has to exercise tough Love. My son jumps on to me too. LoL. All I can say is Miracles still do happen.

Thoughts? I'll go:

West 35

AC 32

SHOOTOUT!

Hey RunninRebel, I hope West has a great game and moves to the next round. Nothing against AC, but it would be better for me to say Boone was beat by the State Champions. Someone said on here that West beat a couple of cupcakes from NET, as for the Boone game it was a tough win for West. Boone had six turnovers with two of them being interceptions in West endzone. West played great defense in order to cause these turnovers and if they had not then the score could have very easy been the other way around. Even with 8 minutes to go the score 19-14 with Boone having the ball and West caused two turnovers and scored two touchdowns in the last three minutes.

So I am pulling for West to win it all, GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey RunninRebel, I hope West has a great game and moves to the next round. Nothing against AC, but it would be better for me to say Boone was beat by the State Champions. Someone said on here that West beat a couple of cupcakes from NET, as for the Boone game it was a tough win for West. Boone had six turnovers with two of them being interceptions in West endzone. West played great defense in order to cause these turnovers and if they had not then the score could have very easy been the other way around. Even with 8 minutes to go the score 19-14 with Boone having the ball and West caused two turnovers and scored two touchdowns in the last three minutes.

So I am pulling for West to win it all, GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is good to know 19 to 14 I thought West killed you all.