Wayne County at Jo Byrns

jusboro

Who wins?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins between these 2 playoff rivals?

• Jo Byrns
    • Wayne County

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cngrats to jb 1 is a stud. But very beat able Wayne county shouldn't even bothered on driving up here the coaching staff falls apart in every big game in the last few years respect our coaches. But we just can't plan for these big games.

Personally I thought you guys had a good game plan. I really thought turnovers and penalties really hurt you guys. Along with a strong dose of #1. Overall I thought it was just a hard fought third round game with both sides putting up one heck of an effort.

Also the Rice boys are as advertised both are very talented players.

And whatever happened there at the end of the game I've never seen anything like it, and it's a shame something like that had to happen in to ruin the end of such a hard fought contest. :thumb:

Edited by Raynok

Way to go JB!!! We dug a huge hole to start the game but we turned it around and got it done. I'm not quite sure what we were trying to do early on but that was definitely not us. I haven't seen us play a first quarter like that EVER. After spotting them 14 points the JB team I know showed up and scored 28 unanswered points and got a goose egg from that point on.

This football stuff is really quite simple...you have to be able to run the ball and play good defense. JB was able to do both tonight. As for WC, they were a good team. I hate that some of them lost their cool to end the game but it happens. It was a tough, chippy game and they let their emotions get to them. I know they were mad at the refs but I don't think they should have acted like they did. Regaurdless, I know it was a tough loss for them but someone had to go home. Again, great job Re Devils and now it's time to face the Vikings.

I want to start by saying that I am very disappointed in the coaches and the fans for Wayne Co. at the end of the game. I understnad that your very emotional and you might have felt you got a bad call, but a bad call with 1 min to go in a 28-14 game is not what lost you the game. Absolutely embarassing to start throwing water bottles on to the field during a high school football game. I guess with all the things said this week online I should of expected it. Thats what happens when a team thats convinced that their unbeatable gets beat.

Now for the game....

This was the first game I have been to this year because of coaching myself. I had a lot of fun and it makes me miss the high school days. Jo Byrns is notorious for starting fast, but this was not the case tonight and they showed alot of heart and guts to keep their composure and make the comeback. I thought that Jo Byrns did an excellent job "containing" Tyler Rice. We never blitzed him we used #1 to rush him and prevent him from sitting into the pocket. He did burn us a few times, but overall he did not kill us with his legs. He showed that he is not as accurate on the run throwing 3 pics to Brandon Holt. Offensively the running game really stepped it up after being shutdown early. We did enough throwing the ball to get them out of that man to man bs. Frank the Tank is the man! Good luck next week against another very good Offensive team. I think the same game plan would be effective again.

I think that the end of the game was our boiling point. We had several drives in a row stopped by penalties while JB was penalized once all night for a net loss of 2 yards. I listened on the radio so I am not sure that was the case but that is what I expect happened.

Congrats to Jo Byrns.

Turnovers and untimely penalties seemed to kill us tonight on offense, and as some of us feared, we could not stop the run on defense. I am sure there were some folks in the stands that could have stopped the running game if they were coaching though. :thumb:

What in the world happened at the end of the game??? I have never seen anything like this and I have seen several High School games in my life. Did a member of the Wayne County coaching grab one of the officials during one three unsportmanlike calls??? unreal

It was the most classles deal i have ever seen in my life from team and coach's no respect at all i mean none,,,,,i didn't really see all that much out of the rice boy's myself i mean 3 int, it was like it was thrown up for grab's and no, 34 BOLT grabbed them :hungry::roflolk::roflol:

It was the most classles deal i have ever seen in my life from team and coach's no respect at all i mean none,,,,,i didn't really see all that much out of the rice boy's myself i mean 3 int, it was like it was thrown up for grab's and no, 34 BOLT grabbed them :hungry::roflolk::roflol:

could have been four pics but Brandon knock one down in the end zone on 4th down so we would have better field position