Sullivan South offseason thread

2000southreb81

Listen Smart ___ I am a fan of a lot of the NET schools. I am concerned for South's program. You enable and support the bad choices made which will become evident to even the densest this season. The sad thing is the kids will have to deal with it and will be held responsible at school, in the community and on here for things out of their control.

If you would like to continue, I would be glad to spell out exactly what my concerns are. Your buddies might not like that much.

Hey, not trying to be a Smart___,simply find it odd that you label yourself a "D-B fan from afar" yet make most of your posts in regards to the poor condition of coaching in the South program. Apparently you are a fan of several programs or possibly an antagonist of certain coaches. Only you know your agenda. These boards do allow us to express our opinions however and I am most interested in yours. Please continue with your critique. I don't care what my buddies think, as I am not totally sure who they are anyway.

Was the coaching staff at South acceptable before Coach Carter left or were there problems then? Exactly what are your concerns now? If you are truly a fan of South football we have common ground, so you may post without reservation. In the past you predicted a sour season for this one just completed. In my assessment, it was a moderate success. Do you disagree with that and what do you see for this next year?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, not trying to be a Smart___,simply find it odd that you label yourself a "D-B fan from afar" yet make most of your posts in regards to the poor condition of coaching in the South program. Apparently you are a fan of several programs or possibly an antagonist of certain coaches. Only you know your agenda. These boards do allow us to express our opinions however and I am most interested in yours. Please continue with your critique. I don't care what my buddies think, as I am not totally sure who they are anyway.

Was the coaching staff at South acceptable before Coach Carter left or were there problems then? Exactly what are your concerns now? If you are truly a fan of South football we have common ground, so you may post without reservation. In the past you predicted a sour season for this one just completed. In my assessment, it was a moderate success. Do you disagree with that and what do you see for this next year?

Well I will give you my thoughts big man. I think South was just fine this year, beating every 5A team in their conference this year. The pick up games hurt South, but then you have the debate of quantity vs quality. South could have played 3 gimme games and would have a record of....9-1 and 9-2 overall.

I think South, as well as other teams, need to keep doing what they are doing. Those tougher games are what will help teams down the road, and it will be those games that you all win that will make the program better. I think that South not having a home game like the playoffs used to be was stupid. i think we will find a lot of coaches and fans being local at the TSSAA meeting to make it a change again.

Listen Smart ___ I am a fan of a lot of the NET schools. I am concerned for South's program. You enable and support the bad choices made which will become evident to even the densest this season. The sad thing is the kids will have to deal with it and will be held responsible at school, in the community and on here for things out of their control.

If you would like to continue, I would be glad to spell out exactly what my concerns are. Your buddies might not like that much.

Let's hear it!!!!

There is a very good chance of change coming. I will wait to see what happens. To be sure, I could write a book if need be and will if need be.

ps There will be defections.

Well back it up....enough with the useless negative rhetoric and prognostications. If you know there are defections coming and change coming or problems currently, let's hear it. You are the one that offered to spell it out. Waiting...waiting...waiting... :popcorneater:

Comp did you imply Elizabethton and Happy Valley are not quality opponents for South?

Is that what it meant? Dang, I hate it when it does that. I guess I better be nice seeing as how we might be in your conference soon. At least according to Batmast. I mean no offense and all but I like playing like Gate City and Knox West and the likes. But when they make South a City school and ship all the overflow from DB to South then we might just have to jump up a classification instead to go down. Whooeeeee, wouldn't that piece some people off just a little down the road. I actually see South being better in 2011 than they were this year. Oops, I done said it. Watch out, that's the kind of stuff that makes Batmast mad.

Is that what it meant? Dang, I hate it when it does that. I guess I better be nice seeing as how we might be in your conference soon. At least according to Batmast. I mean no offense and all but I like playing like Gate City and Knox West and the likes. But when they make South a City school and ship all the overflow from DB to South then we might just have to jump up a classification instead to go down. Whooeeeee, wouldn't that piece some people off just a little down the road. I actually see South being better in 2011 than they were this year. Oops, I done said it. Watch out, that's the kind of stuff that makes Batmast mad.

Hey Comp middle schools only have 2 classifications big or little I think, but maybe we can have the North South Bowl again at least. Next years 12th grade Rebs have been good since peewee, JW will be better and Coach Hayne will have learned a ton so I would say better is the word. GOOD LUCK