Sullivan South offseason thread

2000southreb81

Yet another ignorant DB fan makes light of the situation the city imposes on the county over nothing more than money and vanity. What about the students and their families? "We're the great db....Who gives a %$#%" And they wonder why the county kids aren't begging to get in db and the city schools.

Kids and parents in the South Zone are smart and 95% want nothing to do with the city schools. Why is that?

I for one hope that the City leaves South just as it is. We would be taking a sure win off the schedule and also I don't think we could build a sewer system to handle the sewage coming out of the "South Zone". And you can't keep farm animals inside your house in the city. Theres other problems but I won't bring them up on here. U-all know what im talking about.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one hope that the City leaves South just as it is. We would be taking a sure win off the schedule and also I don't think we could build a sewer system to handle the sewage coming out of the "South Zone". And you can't keep farm animals inside your house in the city. Theres other problems but I won't bring them up on here. U-all know what im talking about.

Perfect and timely confirmation of my post. Thanks.

Yet another ignorant DB fan makes light of the situation the city imposes on the county over nothing more than money and vanity. What about the students and their families? "We're the great db....Who gives a %$#%" And they wonder why the county kids aren't begging to get in db and the city schools.

Kids and parents in the South Zone are smart and 95% want nothing to do with the city schools. Why is that?

Because the KIDS are just that.KIDS!But to adults, the smart ones anyway,They know being part of the city would benefit the kids.And the CITY of KPT is gettin larger so thats why there comin into colonial heights area.And plus the city school has more to offer than the county ones as far as classes and other programs.And just by reading your post everyone can see its badly needed over that way.LOL, :o WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by DBfanFromNC

Now this is some FUNNY stuff!!! :lol:

Because the KIDS are just that.KIDS!But to adults, the smart ones anyway,They know being part of the city would benefit the kids.And the CITY of KPT is gettin larger so thats why there comin into colonial heights area.And plus the city school has more to offer than the county ones as far as classes and other programs.And just by reading your post everyone can see its badly needed over that way.LOL, :o WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Another marvelous confirmation of my original post. Thanks.

Edited by jhilts

• 3 weeks later...

Our schedule says Enka away. Enkas' website says away also. I'm thinking Volman told me when it was first scheduled that it was away so I think Enkas' site is wrong. Anyone can confirm this?

Our guys all say "away", comp. I'd plan on being in Asheville that night unless we hear otherwise. It should be a beautiful setting for a ballgame and it could be a high-flying, shootout with the Jets.

You see, that is a false assumption. Yeah, things at DB are fantastic as far as classes and programs, and if South transitioned and got everything exactly the same way, then this is win win from a parent point of view. More money, more opportunity, who wouldn't want that?

The thing is, Kingsport City Schools would be taking over a new school, they would get money for the students, sure, but they would have to employ all those teachers, principals, and faculty to get that place running. Didn't Kingsport just shut down a school in the area? It is all a question of money and they it begs the question, does Kingsport really have the money to run South as it runs DB? I don't think it does, someone correct me and tell me how they can make it work. Word is from who I have talked to, Kingsport is making cuts on teachers and staff, a sure sign of trying to find more money.