signal mountain at the creek bank

snoball5278

i've been informed this a.m. that trousdale's principal had spoken to signal mountains principal pre-game and advised him to keep his students off the field win or lose. seems that was either ignored or control of the students was unobtainable by the principal and the 3 police officers with the students in the corner of the endzone on the sidelines.

also if a bill is sent to tc for that mascot head we'd appreciate the return of our endzone pile-on's or just deduct that from the cost of the head. icon_e_wink.gif

the idiot that hit the mascot was not a tc student and did not graduate from tc. mad.gif

these are the facts. thumb[1].gif

again great ball game and all the best to troll and the eagles on the remainder of the year. thumb[1].gif

I know our principal and I think every SM parent could say as Roy would say, I garuntee that if that conversation would have happened, he would have called a meeting with the students to discuss. Dr. McCullough did not have any such meeting. I think your P is in major CYA mode.

The costume was $1800 and it was it's first time out. I doubt the EZ pilon is even close to that amount even if your supplier is the US pentagon.

But let's back on to football and let the Ps and TSSAA handle this.

Edited by ArtVandolay

I can see this getting sent to TSSAA, but from the video it looked like coaches handled the situation properly. Since it was after the game, there really isn't much you can do to the team or school I would think. More likely the person that attacked the mascot might get thrown in jail for assault. Did the police arrest the person? It looked like Creasy was smiling on the video.

From what I heard the boy run out of the stadium after the flag was taken back and he was never caught and the brawl afterward was the guys brother was the one pounding on the sm guy. But either way we warned you before the game multiple times to not go towards that TC and thats where the eagle was headed and if he wasn't going to spike the flag he would have been waving the flag not running with it like he was going to put it in our TC. He would have probablly had it worse if he would have went to the TC but I hope the boy ain't hurt and as for the game SM was the better team last night plan and simple. They played almost flawless and we made some mistakes in key situations. Congrats on the win at the creekbank, you are 1 of the 2 teams I remember beating us here in the playoffs. Good Luck against boyd and hopeful I can watch ya'll in cookeville in a couple weeks. Congrats and that altercation after the game is on youtube.

Ok this is my last post on the truly unfortunate event that took place.

After we scored the pick 6 to go up by 10 our fans started gathering in the scoreboard endzone. In the opposite corner I noticed a few TC fans gathering. When we intercepted the last pass and then subsequently took a knee on the next snap your team started moving toward midfield to shake hands I assum. Our team was starting to celebrate at about the 10 yard line on the opposite end of the field from our fans. When the clock hit 0 our fans with the mascot in front with the flag started running toward our team to join them. At the same time the TC fans ran onto the field but headed right after our fans. They got to our mascot around the 35 yard line and just blind sided him. They hit him, kicked him, took the flag and ran away. At this time coaches from both teams were working to keep their players out of the mess and our school administrators and parents were keeping our kids from retaliating. After most of our fans had back up and most of the TC fans had run back to their side with the flag there were really only two Bubbas left out there taunting our fans. One was trying to get them to come out and fight and the other was standing there flipping birds at the SM sideline. This went on for a minute or two until someone from TC and a policeman came out and got them to go back to the other side.

Bottom line is the mascot is part of the cheerleading squad and has every right to be out there with the team in celebration. These fans from TC went straight for him. This should be an embarrassment to your school, coaches and community.

It also seems from another post on here that this was planned. Here is what Ole3putt had to say “MT. if i'd known i would have said somthing to ya while we were out chatting. I heard the rumour about 5 min before kick off, when enterd stadium. i cannot elab. on the activities that took place from where i was at. all i seen at the end of the game was a Blk flag waveing in the air toward the middle of the field & then it disappears, (due to the players,fans,students going to mid field blocking my view). then all of the sudden the flag reappears heading for the TC sidelines.†So it seems they had decided prior to the game starting something like this was going to happen. He is right The Black flag was waving as it was running toward our players and it did disappear rather suddenly and the reappeared on their sideline. I have already given the details on how it happened above.

It was an unfortunate incident by a few TC people that has only been made worse by people on here and your coach trying to defend it. I’m confident the TSSAA will look into it.

Hopefully future post will be about the performance of the young men that went out and laid it all on the line for us all to enjoy.

i've been informed this a.m. that trousdale's principal had spoken to signal mountains principal pre-game and advised him to keep his students off the field win or lose.

I believe you heard that, but I seriously doubt the truth of the matter asserted.

If it were true, it would appear that TC's principal knew of TC's propensity for violence and classless redneck shenanigans.

First off, let me congradulate the SM Eagles for the win, it was a hard fought battle, youall made the least amount of mistakes and proceed on, we will look forward to next year.(I can eat crow with the best uv'em)

In a battle royalle such as the one I witnessed last night, usually the team that makes the least amount of mistakes gits the win, and ours cost us this game.

If you don't take the gold ball in this class this year you should be strung up n horse whipped. With tha hosses you dressed out last night, looks to me like you should be playin in the same class as BA or Ens-something, whatever their name is.

Troll, it was a pleasure meeting you an the family. I appreciate the grub. It was world class. :thumb:

It has been a hoot jabbin back n forth with u guys this week, even tho I don't really do that much jabbin.

As far as post 619 goes, I tried to warn you folks as soon as I heard it myself.

Sorry Troll, that I didn't say something to you at the tailgate. Hindsight is always 20/20, and had it not been for all the pregame hooplah, I might'uv had nuff insight to have brought it up. If lettin U no about it wood have cut it off, I wood have.

From what I heard the boy run out of the stadium after the flag was taken back and he was never caught and the brawl afterward was the guys brother was the one pounding on the sm guy. But either way we warned you before the game multiple times to not go towards that TC and thats where the eagle was headed and if he wasn't going to spike the flag he would have been waving the flag not running with it like he was going to put it in our TC. He would have probablly had it worse if he would have went to the TC but I hope the boy ain't hurt and as for the game SM was the better team last night plan and simple. They played almost flawless and we made some mistakes in key situations. Congrats on the win at the creekbank, you are 1 of the 2 teams I remember beating us here in the playoffs. Good Luck against boyd and hopeful I can watch ya'll in cookeville in a couple weeks. Congrats and that altercation after the game is on youtube.

Ok sorry one more post, since I watched the video. Please note a few things that I said in early post there was a school administrator or coach from TC standing at midfield. Our mascot and students could be seen running toward the opposite end of the stadium. And you can see the TC people went for the mascot. Even cheered on by someone yelling go get his ####. How could anyone that watches this justify going after the mascot or say he was going to plant the flag at midfield when you had someone standing there.

First off, let me congradulate the SM Eagles for the win, it was a hard fought battle, youall made the least amount of mistakes and proceed on, we will look forward to next year.(I can eat crow with the best uv'em)

In a battle royalle such as the one I witnessed last night, usually the team that makes the least amount of mistakes gits the win, and ours cost us this game.

If you don't take the gold ball in this class this year you should be strung up n horse whipped. With tha hosses you dressed out last night, looks to me like you should be playin in the same class as BA or Ens-something, whatever their name is.

Troll, it was a pleasure meeting you an the family. I appreciate the grub. It was world class. :thumb:

It has been a hoot jabbin back n forth with u guys this week, even tho I don't really do that much jabbin.

As far as post 619 goes, I tried to warn you folks as soon as I heard it myself.

Sorry Troll, that I didn't say something to you at the tailgate. Hindsight is always 20/20, and had it not been for all the pregame hooplah, I might'uv had nuff insight to have brought it up. If lettin U no about it wood have cut it off, I wood have.

Thanks Tush. Your fan support is impressive. As far as the rumor, whoever started it should be ashamed. There's simply no basis for it whatsoever and was no doubt intended to be an inspirational motivator for team and fans alike, I suppose. Whatever it was, it was unfortunate.

I hope you can teach your coach a few manners between now and next year or run him off. Take care for now, my friend. PS - Since you're on here, I'm assuming you don't have a deer to process.

Edited by smeagleproud

Ok sorry one more post, since I watched the video. Please note a few things that I said in early post there was a school administrator or coach from TC standing at midfield. Our mascot and students could be seen running toward the opposite end of the stadium. And you can see the TC people went for the mascot. Even cheered on by someone yelling go get his ####. How could anyone that watches this justify going after the mascot or say he was going to plant the flag at midfield when you had someone standing there.

It was said all week that if we won we was going on the field and if ya'll win that ya'll was going to plant ya'lls flag and tear down our goalposts but clearly this was all a big misunderstanding but it happened last night so all need to move on and just face facts. Congrats eagles, my jackets going to start preparing for next year.

I really do hate that TC and their coach got so upset when the Eagles flew in and cleaned the creekside out. I noticed when we left on the charter bus that the creekside was overflowing from tears being cried by the TC bunch. I guess they really do know how to "Cry Me A River" over there on the creek.....cripple creek is what we will call it this morning.

The yellowjackets were a tough group with a lot of heritage behind them. They are a good team but a better team beat them last night. Unfortunately, there is always a few who spoil the image for your school, but that is expected is such an emotional atmosphere. It must really hurt a hundred year old school to be beaten by a two year old. We want to thank all of the Friendship Christian fans who came and supported us. You are a real class act and it shows.

And on last thing, for those TC fans who thought we were "Sissy" Mtn. Who's a sissy now? I know you have a few sissys as only a sissy would run up and kick the principal. The last thing I remember seeing as we were leaving was the score board............that says it all.