signal mountain at the creek bank

snoball5278

Do you know why your parents nicknamed you "mistake"? Until that pick six, that game could have went either way.

you sound like your from friendship."we were winnin wit a minute to go, but they still scored with only thirty seconds on clock" so guess what? the pick did happen, and you did get beat.

• Upvote 1

you sound like your from friendship."we were winnin wit a minute to go, but they still scored with only thirty seconds on clock" so guess what? the pick did happen, and you did get beat.

Well Nancy, i'm not from Trousdale. I'm looking at this with a totally unbiased opinion. You really don't know much about football do you? Did they let you out of the kitchen tonight or did you listen on the radio?

I never heard any rumor about sticking a flad in TC's field and do not believe it was ever contemplated or even thought of by any SM flagbearer. They've never done it. They have (had) no beef with TC. That rumor, if it existed, was most likely a product of somebody other than SM folk. Besides, this kid that was wearing the mascot is just about the nicest, most polite kid you could imagine. He wouldn't think of and certainly wouldn't do anything distateful like plant a flag of victory in somebody else's field like has been imagined by somebody.

What happened after a well-fought game was ridiculous, classless, and sickening. The SM Eagle mascot was running along with a large crowd of students, parents, teachers, and others who are used to going out on the field after a game, circling the team, and listening to the coach's comments before greeting the players personally. Just like had happened all night and happens in every college game and most high school games, he was carrying a flag. Before he and the others made it very far, he was clobbered, tackled, deheaded and the mascot head was being kicked across the field. The flag was destroyed. The boy was hurt. The brand new $2,000 maskot head was damaged. And a school administrator who was trying to stop the mayhem was intentionally kicked/cleated in his calf and injured. Players and adults were motioning for the group to "come on" as in "let's fight!" It was bad.

The players were forced to go their separate ways. No after-game handslaps. It was a shame. Compared to the extraordinary experience had by all after the South Pittsburg game, this episode is one for the history books too, but for what not should ever ever happen as compared to "the best sporting event ever witnessed" as many SM and SP folks said after that experience. For this high school sport fan, I'd have to say tonight's post-game showing was the worst example of bad sportsmanship I have ever seen. It was obvious TC or at least the TC folk on the field just did not want and would not allow ANY celebration by SM on the field.

What a disgrace after such a hard-fought and good (despite the officiating) game. For all the respect had for TC and for the creekbank, tonight was a sore disappointment. I hope they regroup, correct the problems, and come back and earn respect next year.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^rife with hyperbole^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^