Milan (11-1) @ Camden (12-0) Let's get it started!

matt_8777

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

Wouldn't say if it was or wasn't...I don't know you from Adam! Doesn't matter anyway. :)

Here is the Alcoa admission policy (see below), which I'm sure you've read ad nauseum. Anyway, my main point is that Alcoa and Milan's policies are much different (so I'm glad you posted the link to Milan's - as I should have read it before posting). It is much harder now for Milan, or any other districts in Gibson county, to get players from outside the city or district...they have to jump through many hoops (desegegration issues, approval from current district, etc.). Milan's policy used to be similar to Alcoa's, but was changed a few years back.

If Milan has current non-residents playing on the team, it would be interesting to know who they are (it wasn't fair for me to ask you about who Milan's non-resident players are). So, if there are any Milan (or non-Milan, especially - as you would know of any local kids that Milan has on the current team) folks out there who have information on this...it would make for interesting discussion, as no one has anything to hide here...(except telling you my name of course!). The last kid I can remember was the QB a couple of years back, as he was from Dresden. I don't know if they ended up moving to Milan to play there, or if he was a non-resident. Wouldn't want to post kids' names, just maybe position.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, as the boys have to line up and play against who is across from them. Everyone has to deal with the cards that are dealt and make the most of it. I just think that Alcoa has an extra "Ace" that many others do not have. That is just my opinion and perception, which ain't worth much!

ADMISSION OF NON-RESIDENT STUDENTS (TUITION STUDENTS)

Students residing outside the boundaries of the school system may apply to attend Alcoa High School. The director of schools and principal must approve admission. Permission for tuition students to attend the Alcoa City Schools will be granted on an annual basis. The tuition fee required of all students residing outside the boundaries for the 2010-2011 school year will be $500.00. (Note: Tuition amount subject to change, pending school board approval.) Tuition fees are due and payable on the first day of each trimester.

Tuition students will be evaluated every 60 days (each trimester) for any academic, attendance or behavior issues. Alcoa City Schools reserves the right to terminate the enrollment of a tuition student due to deficiencies in attendance, academics, discipline, and/or program availability, incomplete medical records, or failure to pay tuition when due.

The young man from Milan that you are talking about moved in with his father who lives in Milan. That is how he was able to play at Milan.

Camden Central allowed 27 points in the first two and a half quarters of their contest against Cheatham County. Outside of that performance the Lions have only allowed 87 points COMBINED in their other 11 games this year. That equals out to be less than 8 points per game allowed.

Milan has proven to be a bully against inferior teams HOWEVER when the Bulldogs do play teams that are dominant defensively then they have not had success. Westview this season had a stellar defense. Alcoa the last 2 seasons had an amazing defense.

Camden Central (minus 2 and a half quarters against Cheatham County) has been DOMINANT on defense throughout 2010.

Milan better not enter Wright Field this week with the belief that they are just simply going to run off tackle all night long and gash the Lions defense for huge chunks of yardage. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Camden Central wins this contest 28-21 and comes to Nashville to either play Pearl-Cohn or Goodpasture on Thanksgiving Weekend in the State Semifinals :thumb:

Camden Central allowed 27 points in the first two and a half quarters of their contest against Cheatham County. Outside of that performance the Lions have only allowed 87 points COMBINED in their other 11 games this year. That equals out to be less than 8 points per game allowed.

Milan has proven to be a bully against inferior teams HOWEVER when the Bulldogs do play teams that are dominant defensively then they have not had success. Westview this season had a stellar defense. Alcoa the last 2 seasons had an amazing defense.

Camden Central (minus 2 and a half quarters against Cheatham County) has been DOMINANT on defense throughout 2010.

Milan better not enter Wright Field this week with the belief that they are just simply going to run off tackle all night long and gash the Lions defense for huge chunks of yardage. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Camden Central wins this contest 28-21 and comes to Nashville to either play Pearl-Cohn or Goodpasture on Thanksgiving Weekend in the State Semifinals :thumb:

question im a camden fan and went to high school there. Why would we have to go to nashville if we win this week we have a better record than gp and pc shouldn't we have home field advantage?

question im a camden fan and went to high school there. Why would we have to go to nashville if we win this week we have a better record than gp and pc shouldn't we have home field advantage?

In the semifinals the host team flip/flops each year. Last year Alcoa (the best team in the state) had to play their semifinal game at Elizabethton.

Camden will not be going to Nashville for Thanksgiving. I Promise.

The Fairview-Milan game was 24-20 and Fairview had the ball with a chance to take the lead. Fairview is a great football team but they aren't Camden Central. Trust me! I have seen them both.

Camden Central has #4, #15, #6,and #41 and they just seem to keep throwing big plays at you. Fairview had #80 but aside from him they do not have playmakers like those other guys.

And that's not a knock against Fairview either because they are a great football team and had an amazing season and Coach Hughes is the Class 3A Coach of the Year for the job that he, and his staff, did this year IMHO.

2009 Milan would beat Camden Central. That I will not deny. 2010 Milan will not :thumb:

If Camden wins they would host the Semifinal regardless of the opponent. Lookig forward to a good game Friday night. Gonna be a tough one.