Milan (11-1) @ Camden (12-0) Let's get it started!

matt_8777

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

Haha I think you stated Milan was the superior team. I would argue otherwise and that is why I called you out. Milan was superior to Lewis Co. Fairview played toe to toe to Milan all night. The score was no indication of how close the game was and how physical the game was. The stats don't indicate how close the game was, Fairview lost over 50 yards rushing on bad snaps. I would love to set down with you and breakdown the film and you will see these two teams are pretty close to one another. Turnovers and bad officiating was the difference. (The Illegal Motion "no" call changed the entire momentum of the game.)

Like I said Milan is very beatable. If Camden can throw the ball enough to keep only 7 Bulldogs in the box, they will win easily. Sorry no purple in this closet. However I will go ahead and say the winner of this game will NOT be in Cookeville. Pearl Cohn or Goodpasture will represent the West this season.

You basically called me the obnoxious fan because I did not completely agree with you. I would love to break down the film with you too. I stated you guys have a good team, but we won every facet of the game. That is not arrogance as I am sure you want to call it. It is statistical fact. You guys played hard, but Milan was better. I can't stand fans that don't give credit where credit is due. Sounds familiar huh?

You my friend appear to be very biased in your judgment. We win by 18 while taking a knee inside the 10 yard line to end the game. We double you in yards. We win turnovers. We had many more big plays. We even double you in penalties called against us, and yet we still won. How were we not the superior team? Pot meet kettle.

Which one of us can call back past years and what does that have to do with this year? Nothing. What happened yesterday can never be changed and tomorrow is promised to no one. Maybe the reason Milan remains second place winners is because of the loseing attude stated here and I quote: Everyone is playing for second place, anyway. Remember that. Camden may not win but if they don't, it wont be because they are playing for second place. Camden is playing to win every game includeing state. That is why Camden wins this one 21 to 7

Past always is a factor. Milan has lost 2 consecutive years to Alcoa... you don't think if Milan was to make it to the state championship against Alcoa, that it wouldn't be in the back of their minds???

The past is the past and it has to be thrown in the equation. It's called a monkey for you.

And no, its reality. I've seen Alcoa play in person the last 6 years. You take your hoo rah team up to Alcoa and you will come back wondering why you couldn't move the football. I hope Camden gets to State. I would love to see that thrashing of your "best team ever"

Edited by BostonGeorge

Past always is a factor. Milan has lost 2 consecutive years to Alcoa... you don't think if Milan was to make it to the state championship against Alcoa, that it wouldn't be in the back of their minds???

The past is the past and it has to be thrown in the equation. It's called a monkey for you.

And no, its reality. I've seen Alcoa play in person the last 6 years. You take your hoo rah team up to Alcoa and you will come back wondering why you couldn't move the football. I hope Camden gets to State. I would love to see that thrashing of your "best team ever"

As good as they are, why would you even line up to play the game if you were expecting to lose? I mean, why not forfeit if its a foregone conclusion in your own mind that the game is already lost? Why not play to win?

And besides, there's two more weeks of football before ANYONE has a shot at the gold ball.

Camden 28 Milan 20

Edited by rcombs

Camden 28 Milan 14

BostonGeorge,

What to say to this? Really? You need to remember this is High School Football. That last statement seems very malicious. That is by far the first post on this board to ever anger me. I am sure the true Alcoa fans would be ashamed of you. Everyone knows that Alcoa once again has a team that is capable of bringing another state title home. But, why not Camden or Milan? I have seen it posted any team can win any given Friday. What if Camden made it, played lights out and Alcoa made just enough mistakes to LOSE the game? I don't think any player or coach that makes it to state is going in with the mind set "We are playing for second place". I hope beyond hope and pray that one day Alcoa will actually lose a game. I am sure this will not humble fans like you. It will be classified as a "fluke" and we will get to hear you guys do the same thing that everyone bashes Milan Fans for "Look what we did in the past". And unless you were a US Marine please do not use the term OOH RAH.....I earned the right to say that.....it is very offensive coming from you.

BostonGeorge,

What to say to this? Really? You need to remember this is High School Football. That last statement seems very malicious. That is by far the first post on this board to ever anger me. I am sure the true Alcoa fans would be ashamed of you. Everyone knows that Alcoa once again has a team that is capable of bringing another state title home. But, why not Camden or Milan? I have seen it posted any team can win any given Friday. What if Camden made it, played lights out and Alcoa made just enough mistakes to LOSE the game? I don't think any player or coach that makes it to state is going in with the mind set "We are playing for second place". I hope beyond hope and pray that one day Alcoa will actually lose a game. I am sure this will not humble fans like you. It will be classified as a "fluke" and we will get to hear you guys do the same thing that everyone bashes Milan Fans for "Look what we did in the past". And unless you were a US Marine please do not use the term OOH RAH.....I earned the right to say that.....it is very offensive coming from you.

It would be very sad to teach children that mediocrity and banality are the preferred practice in todays society. I think most would agree with that.

ALCOA? ALCOA? Did I miss something? Is Alcoa playing this Friday night in West TN? WOW....i was thinking this thread was Milan and Camden. OHHHH....another Alcoa infiltrated thread...SHOCKER! Hey, we know already...you're great....gold balls..blah, blah, blah. Let us play ball in West TN. :evil: This is not about ALCOA. Milan and Camden play Friday night....continue discussing.....

ALCOA? ALCOA? Did I miss something? Is Alcoa playing this Friday night in West TN? WOW....i was thinking this thread was Milan and Camden. OHHHH....another Alcoa infiltrated thread...SHOCKER! Hey, we know already...you're great....gold balls..blah, blah, blah. Let us play ball in West TN. :evil: This is not about ALCOA. Milan and Camden play Friday night....continue discussing.....

Will be a great game and wish i could be there......anyone want to put a webcast of the game up for me?