Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

our tourny started thur. Championship is tue. @ Grainger county. Cosby vs. Hancock for championship, Washburn vs. J Frank White for third

[/quote

Hancock doesn't have anything for you all do they?

What's Cosby been scoring the last 5 games or so?

How much is their margin of victory per game?

Edited by uknoit2

Bulldogs v/s Cloudland round 3 tomorrow. Can't wait the Dogs are firing on all cilinders right now and look to not stop until hoisting that gold ball. The Landers should bring it as always looked good v/s UH. To Carter County, Lets pack that gym like a sardine can on tuesday night @ Danial Boone. GO BULLDOGS!!!

Bulldogs v/s Cloudland round 3 tomorrow. Can't wait the Dogs are firing on all cilinders right now and look to not stop until hoisting that gold ball. The Landers should bring it as always looked good v/s UH. To Carter County, Lets pack that gym like a sardine can on tuesday night @ Danial Boone. GO BULLDOGS!!!

This game should be incredible to watch and enjoy. These two teams are certainly the best District 1 has to offer, and both could potentially go MUCH further down the road. Each, I think, is the other's biggest obstacle, and they each know it. I look for both clubs to hit the floor running, and both fan bases should be out in droves. This is what high school sports is all about. I can't wait, I wish the game was tonight!

Edited by Dawgfan88

This game should be incredible to watch and enjoy. These two teams are certainly the best District 1 has to offer, and both could potentially go MUCH further down the road. Each, I think, is the other's biggest obstacle, and they each know it. I look for both clubs to hit the floor running, and both fan bases should be out in droves. This is what high school sports is all about. I can't wait, I wish the game was tonight!

I believe my 'Lander pals will agree...and I mean nothing by this...BUT, Hampton should win this game (when speaking stats, seasoned talent, etc) without a scare... (another) BUT, this is like the UNC/Duke match-up.....Duke shoulda killed UNC when Duke played then at home (not a Dukie fan)....

You gotta understand a rival's heart and pride to know that Tuesday will not be a blow out!

If Hampton takes them lightly, itll be a looooong night...the past, the record, the awards and conf-championship now mean NOTHING!

GOTTA PLAY HARD DOGS!!!!

The thing is this: Hampton has only played bad in 3 games that I know of all year. They are consistently good night after night. For Cloudland to win, they have to play hard core defense without fouling. They can match Hampton pt. for pt. and rebound for rebound, but what plagues the Landers is fouls. The younger guys are really stepping up, but Cloudland cannot win without Hyden and Potter on the floor. Hampton is too good and Hughes is too hard to guard. With that said, if both teams play like they did in Roan Mt. its anybody's ball game. While Hampton might get away with having an off game, Cloudland cannot. For Cloudland to win, they have to make every possession count and they have to take care of the basketball. Hampton is the real deal and if Cloudland can't knock them off, then I'm definitely gonna follow the Dogs the rest of the way.

The thing is this: Hampton has only played bad in 3 games that I know of all year. They are consistently good night after night. For Cloudland to win, they have to play hard core defense without fouling. They can match Hampton pt. for pt. and rebound for rebound, but what plagues the Landers is fouls. The younger guys are really stepping up, but Cloudland cannot win without Hyden and Potter on the floor. Hampton is too good and Hughes is too hard to guard. With that said, if both teams play like they did in Roan Mt. its anybody's ball game. While Hampton might get away with having an off game, Cloudland cannot. For Cloudland to win, they have to make every possession count and they have to take care of the basketball. Hampton is the real deal and if Cloudland can't knock them off, then I'm definitely gonna follow the Dogs the rest of the way.

I dont think either team played good at Cloudland...we were in foul trouble and too many mistakes on both sides.

Hughes is a great scorer, Ward is unreal (IMO) and Hill cant be stopped when he puts his mind to it....

Now our PG has stepped up his game and shooting lights-out from 20'....so if Hill gets doubled, one on Hughes, one on Ward, you gotta to decide if youre gonna guard Jones at the arch or the forward!

Cloudland is young! And that hurts at some point....I think bluengold's kid is a great talent, but he's still young...experience means EVERYTHING IF its combined with heart and talent!

Will be a great game :thumb:

I dont think either team played good at Cloudland...we were in foul trouble and too many mistakes on both sides.

Hughes is a great scorer, Ward is unreal (IMO) and Hill cant be stopped when he puts his mind to it....

Now our PG has stepped up his game and shooting lights-out from 20'....so if Hill gets doubled, one on Hughes, one on Ward, you gotta to decide if youre gonna guard Jones at the arch or the forward!

Cloudland is young! And that hurts at some point....I think bluengold's kid is a great talent, but he's still young...experience means EVERYTHING IF its combined with heart and talent!

Ward has certainly returned to form the second half of the season, while Hughes has been lights out all year long. I agree, Hill is a MONSTER when he just lets go and plays ball. Jones is a rock-solid point guard who is also re-discovering his shot. When those four get it going, this is a FUN team to watch. I hope they go all the way, because really, they deserve it. Talent like this doesnt come around in a small school very often, so when it does, you enjoy the ride as long as you can, because who knows when it will come back around?

Hancock doesn't have anything for you all do they?

What's Cosby been scoring the last 5 games or so?

How much is their margin of victory per game?

Hancock gave us a serious scare up there but on a neutral floor we should easily take care of business. Other than Unaka and the one game at Hancock we have beat every 1A opponent weve faced this year by around 30.

I certainly hope the boys play better then the Lady Dogs did tonight,if the guys play like that, Cloudland will eat them alive. I expect the Dogs will show much more intensity and fire than the girls did, and give a much better game. I saw several players there tonight, and I hope they took notice that in the tourneys, you've gotta play each game like it's your last one. It would make Cloudland's year to knock off the Dogs, and they better be ready.

Cloudland has 3 seniors but they are young everywhere else. It was good to see the young Potter leading the team in scoring the other night. I do think that Cloudland will be the no. 1 team for a while after this year. The one thing that will help the Landers is for the dogs to have an off shooting night. Tournament time is Lander time!! Whooo!! :hungry:

Cloudland has 3 seniors but they are young everywhere else. It was good to see the young Potter leading the team in scoring the other night. I do think that Cloudland will be the no. 1 team for a while after this year. The one thing that will help the Landers is for the dogs to have an off shooting night. Tournament time is Lander time!! Whooo!! :hungry:

You are right, I was thinking you only started two seniors.

Back to your earlier post....am I to understand that if Hampton wins tonight, I need to furnish you with BULLDOG attire for you to display at the rest of their games??!!! :roflolk: