Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Was Hill hurt or sick i seen were he wasnst a factor scoring wise maybe he played d.But you guys got 2 have him step up his game to take the presure off the outher guys.Good Luck to all the Region 1 teams :popcorneater:

Hill played and in hindsight maybe we should have gotten it to him a little more. I think the main thing is that the game was maybe not his type of game. It was pretty much up and down all nite with both teams pressing the whole game.

Was Hill hurt or sick i seen were he wasnst a factor scoring wise maybe he played d.But you guys got 2 have him step up his game to take the presure off the outher guys.Good Luck to all the Region 1 teams :popcorneater:

I just don't think Hill has realized yet just how dominant he can be....we didn't get him the ball enough, and that didnt free up our guards to do their thing.

Its all being worked out!

To be the best you have to win. Going back in time the best have won districts, regionals, sub-states and made it to the state. My top ten at Hampton since 1970 are Barry Phillips, Kevin Ward, Tim Davis, Chris Wilson, Leon Tolley, Ned Smith, Mark Henry, Matt Cates, Tim Campbell,and Mike Matheson. There has been a lot of good players but to be the best I think you have to win. The book is still open on this years team. Until they win something I can't say they are the best.

To be the best you have to win. Going back in time the best have won districts, regionals, sub-states and made it to the state. My top ten at Hampton since 1970 are Barry Phillips, Kevin Ward, Tim Davis, Chris Wilson, Leon Tolley, Ned Smith, Mark Henry, Matt Cates, Tim Campbell,and Mike Matheson. There has been a lot of good players but to be the best I think you have to win. The book is still open on this years team. Until they win something I can't say they are the best.

I agree totally!

I played alot ball with just about all listed above....I still say K Ward was the best Ive ever seen! Tim Davis was the strongest athlete I ever went against.....Wilson was sure a balanced talent and his daughter (fresh on Varsity) is one to watch for the next three years(at Cloudland)...Matheson, like our Jones now, didnt have the height to be noticed as much as he deserved after high school but was a great talent at PG (the hardest and yet MOST unappreciated spot on the floor)...Mark Henry had a sweet low-post game and could shoot (cant wait to see how his little one comes up)...Ned Smith would beat your brains out on the floor and was a favorite to watch...But what can you say about LEON TOLLEY? Named MVP of the State Championship, but yet was on the loosing team...THAT says it all!!!

Until Hampton produces any like the ones mentioned above, this bunch and the ones to come can forget all the adjectives used to describe themselves and just be happy to wear the name that past "greats" have worn and attempt to honor them with hard practice and heart-filled competition!

Edited by uknoit2

I just don't think Hill has realized yet just how dominant he can be....we didn't get him the ball enough, and that didnt free up our guards to do their thing.

Its all being worked out!

I hope it is. This team has all the pieces needed, they just all need to be used to be effective. I still think that game the other night is being looked at as a learning experience, showing them what to do and not to do, and that they'll recover. I guess we'll find out this week, won't we?

I hope they do something this year because that's all they have hollered for 3 yrs now that they "will win it it this year". Jealously kills a team, that's why they will never win it. Enough said.

One post and you bring this?!!! Whos jealous of whom exactly? Not one on this team possesses the complete package...(we dont have a 6'4 stud that can play above the rim, run point, and shoot the eyes out)

Jealousy isnt a word that describes any of the reasons for their losses this year nor the one this week.

A lack of team ball has been a problem in years past...but the ball movement, finding the open man, and the like, have been much improved this season.

These boys have realized that each have their own talent to bring to the table....and when they bring it, they're good!

Last year was a flop! Any of them would tell you so. Injuries played a part and the fact that they just weren't team ready!

This year, if they dont go much farther, I will agree that we expected more than they were actually capable of....but jealousy wont be the reason!

I hope they do something this year because that's all they have hollered for 3 yrs now that they "will win it it this year". Jealously kills a team, that's why they will never win it. Enough said.

They hollered they'd win it as freshmen? From what I've watched them, they don't display any of that on the court(jealousy,tension).They look like a pretty darn good team to me. To "win it" as you say not only takes talent and effort but my personal opinion is that you have to have a little luck thrown in the mix also. Maybe the way you matchup against a team,or you or them have an off night shooting, an injury happens,or maybe like Unaka did you have those 3 or 4 games where you just light it up and play to the best of your abilities. Unless you just have 5 or six studs like Uknoit said, your chances of winning it all are about the same as winning a drag race driving a geo metro. Just hope you're matched up against a prius! My point is you have to have alot of things go your way no matter how good you are.For a round ball it can bounce awful funny sometimes.

Edited by Bluengoldblood

They hollered they'd win it as freshmen? From what I've watched them, they don't display any of that on the court(jealousy,tension).They look like a pretty darn good team to me. To "win it" as you say not only takes talent and effort but my personal opinion is that you have to have a little luck thrown in the mix also. Maybe the way you matchup against a team,or you or them have an off night shooting, an injury happens,or maybe like Unaka did you have those 3 or 4 games where you just light it up and play to the best of your abilities. Unless you just have 5 or six studs like Uknoit said, your chances of winning it all are about the same as winning a drag race driving a geo metro. Just hope you're matched up against a prius! My point is you have to have alot of things go your way no matter how good you are.For a round ball it can bounce awful funny sometimes.

Thanks for the 'Lander support :thumb:

These boys have the complete package but bundled in 6 players! They have made great strides in playing team ball and trusting one another (though they didnt play worth a crap Tuesday)...still a great game to be at though.

In a few months all this ball stuff wont matter anyway...but gotta learn to give all you can NOW....life demands it if you're gonna be a success!