BA vs Ensworth

shakinthefat

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, quite honestly, since Antonio doesn't play for Ensworth anymore. Yes, you'll probably see Antonio in the SEC for the next 3-4 years, but I thought most fans that followed HS football probably knew that he was no longer playing for Ensworth. Anyway, Ensworth has managed to win without him. Baylor has a great QB, who is surely the front runner for the DII-AA back of the year (and I'm really only saying that cause Corn is a sophomore - I feel like there is a Heisman tendency to steer away from underclassmen). Nonetheless, Huesman is really good. From watching him in a couple of games, he is a competitor. He expects to win, and he will do all it takes to do just that. He always leaves it all on the line. That is, he plays with no regrets. Baylor also has that #32 DL/FB. He is a load. One of the best in the league. I don't think you can gauge the first game between these two as a predictor of this game. However, I still give the edge to Ensworth. Guess my last remarks probably belonged to another thread.

Anyway, have a good time in Cookeville if you go for 3 nights. I'm sure the town will appreciate your revenue.

Since my thoughts got started on "player of the year" considerations, I think back to last year in which Brunetti beat that Orleans kids from Ensworth. I have no idea what Brunetti is doing in college right now, but I keep seeing Orleans name in the paper on Sundays. He has rushed for 5 straight 100 yard game at Tulane, and even threw a couple of TD passes. He is also returning kicks apparently. Looking back on unapproved website stats, he rushed for almost 2300 yards and 24 TDs last year, far more production than Brunetti did. So my question is this: since the Jefferson kid from Ensworth won it the year before (beating Brunetti), did they not want another Ensworth kid to beat Brunetti two years in a row in an effort to look unbiased towards the middle TN region? Clearly, unless someone informs me otherwise, Orleans was the better football player and is showing so on Saturdays right now. However, you can say that Brunetti was the state championship QB (and if that is the sole basis of the vote), then I stand corrected for even bringing this up.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, quite honestly, since Antonio doesn't play for Ensworth anymore. Yes, you'll probably see Antonio in the SEC for the next 3-4 years, but I thought most fans that followed HS football probably knew that he was no longer playing for Ensworth. Anyway, Ensworth has managed to win without him. Baylor has a great QB, who is surely the front runner for the DII-AA back of the year (and I'm really only saying that cause Corn is a sophomore - I feel like there is a Heisman tendency to steer away from underclassmen). Nonetheless, Huesman is really good. From watching him in a couple of games, he is a competitor. He expects to win, and he will do all it takes to do just that. He always leaves it all on the line. That is, he plays with no regrets. Baylor also has that #32 DL/FB. He is a load. One of the best in the league. I don't think you can gauge the first game between these two as a predictor of this game. However, I still give the edge to Ensworth. Guess my last remarks probably belonged to another thread.

Anyway, have a good time in Cookeville if you go for 3 nights. I'm sure the town will appreciate your revenue.

Your full of mess. I garuntee you that I read in my Murphy Fair book just a minute ago that this Richardson was listed as a player for Ensworth. You think im joking but im not. I am coming to this game and I will bring my Murphy Fair book and show you.

Your full of mess. I garuntee you that I read in my Murphy Fair book just a minute ago that this Richardson was listed as a player for Ensworth. You think im joking but im not. I am coming to this game and I will bring my Murphy Fair book and show you.

All righty then. I can't argue with the great Murphy Fair book. I'm just sorry you won't see Antonio on the field or on the sidelines.

• 2 weeks later...

What were your thoughts on Richardson's performance Thursday night? For my money, it's like he wasn't even there.