BA vs Ensworth

shakinthefat

Ensworth Coach Ricky Bowers - "Corn has another gear, And he played injured — a turned ankle, a pulled groin. He fought through it."

"We've overcome a ton of adversity — the (May) flood and everything. The water went up to the goal post. We lost our best player, we didn't have lockers. The day of the Baylor game we lose Antonio Richardson and Wirth Campbell breaks his foot."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20101113/SPORTS07/11130346/2196

Not sure why he is making excuses.

Does he need to make excuses prior to BA game, they have beaten Smyrna, Baylor, MBA and BA?

Several excuses are always less convincing than one. ~Aldous Huxley

Dreamers usually have excuses, goal achievers have none- unknown

Most teams have had some adversity by this time in the season. Injuries are just a part of the game. Loosing a top player happens all the time (MBA QB last year).

BA, Ryan, MBA, JPII, and BGA had many families and facilities effected by the flood.

Edited by shakinthefat

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also believe BA is going to keep rolling, and beat Ensworth. I feel BA is hitting their stride and they appear to be dominating like they were early in the season.

I also believe they can contain Corn. The first matchup Corn had something like 66 yards, and did not hurt the Eagles on offense. Also, in the first matchup, it was a nail bitter even though BA threw 4 interceptions, and 3 of those picks resulted in, if i remember correctly, all 21 of Ensworth's points. I doubt there will be more than one interception is any by the Eagles because Hamby looked very sharp against MUS, and really looks like he has a confidence that he didn't possess back when these two teams first met.

Edited by nike7

Corn has not been stopped because no team other in this division, other than BA, has the speed to keep up with Corn. This was shown in the first matchup where BA's fast defense ran step for step with Corn and held him to just 66 yards, and BA's defense has not gotten any slower, which leads be to believe that they have all it takes to contain Corn.

Ensworth picked to win this game by most experts. MaxPrep ranks them 23rd in the nation.

The key will be DEFENSE and as usual turnovers. The team that can stop the high powered offenses and win the turnover game will win this one.

Ensworth will need to break the rule: "You can't beat a team in the regular season and the playoff season in the same year rule"

http://unapproved website/high-schools/8mvzynOfSkKf7rhRiR8kxA/ensworth-tigers/football/home.htm

http://sportsnashville.net/article/High_School/Fall_Sports/SportNashvillenets_Playoff_Predictions_Round_3/22850

http://www.highschoolsports.net/local/Nashville/article/High-school-football-picks-Ensworth-will-win-rematch-vs-Brentwood-Academy/

With all due respect to Ensworth, which has talented players, great coaching. They have been a continually improving team each game all season, after two losses early. They took their lumps early and battled their way out of them. BA started out flying high and thought themselves unbeatable for six games, till Ensworth smacked them around and humbled them.. I feel, and may be totally wrong, that these are the best two teams in divII AA. I think BA has the advantage going in, since their quest to regain their confidence is much more recent than Ensworths. Ensworth has to feel pretty confident that they have BA's number and that Corn will show them. BA has their fastest player this time, he was injured during their first meeting and BA has worked hard since that game to lower penalty causing mistakes and their passing game is much improved. Neither team is going to blow the other out, but I think BA has the motivation factor edge and they are all healthy. It's gonna be a great one.

With all due respect to Ensworth, which has talented players, great coaching. They have been a continually improving team each game all season, after two losses early. They took their lumps early and battled their way out of them. BA started out flying high and thought themselves unbeatable for six games, till Ensworth smacked them around and humbled them.. I feel, and may be totally wrong, that these are the best two teams in divII AA. I think BA has the advantage going in, since their quest to regain their confidence is much more recent than Ensworths. Ensworth has to feel pretty confident that they have BA's number and that Corn will show them. BA has their fastest player this time, he was injured during their first meeting and BA has worked hard since that game to lower penalty causing mistakes and their passing game is much improved. Neither team is going to blow the other out, but I think BA has the motivation factor edge and they are all healthy. It's gonna be a great one.

I shouldn't be so competative, but "Ensworth smacked them around and humbled them" seems to be a little strong considering EHS won 21-14, capitalizing on 4 interceptions, and Elder (who is fast approaching legendary status on these boards) was held to a whopping 66 yards rushing. In fact, EHS intercepted a pass as time expired to preserve the win and keep BA from tying it up. It should be a close, great ball game.

what bizarre comments by RB....it's like he wants someone to feel sorry for him or something...the flood? really? strange.

these are two really good teams, arguably the best in all the state. I think both are a lot better since the first meeting last month. I really like the BA offense when it is clicking (ala the MBA game)...lots of weapons, different looks, fast tempo. Elder is deservedly getting a lot of attention for EHS, but don't sleep on their QB either. He's really good. They have a really balanced attack going right now, if that's possible to imagine with Elder going for 300 yards last week.

I think both coaches will play this one close to the vest and trade punches for 3+ quarters. Just too much speed on that EHS defense in the end. I'd say EHS in another close one...this one will be played at a higher level than the last one.