BA vs Ensworth

shakinthefat

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you...it's not HD by any means, but he looks to be in. The official is where he should be, so I would be hard put to say he's wrong.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/local/Nashville/gallery/Ensworth-vs-Brentwood-Acad-962/#2851825

This is the photo that is going around. It looks like Corey was out, but this is high school football. I feel bad for the BA kids. They are an amazing football team, but we will take this win and hopefully one more. Let's go get the Tigers first state championship!!

http://www.highschoolsports.net/local/Nashville/gallery/Ensworth-vs-Brentwood-Acad-962/#2851825

This is the photo that is going around. It looks like Corey was out, but this is high school football. I feel bad for the BA kids. They are an amazing football team, but we will take this win and hopefully one more. Let's go get the Tigers first state championship!!

If you look at the background of the photo and the background of the video, you will see that it is not the same play. In the photo there are two photographers who are right behind him who are not in the video. There is a wall in the photo but a grass hill in the video.

If you look at the background of the photo and the background of the video, you will see that it is not the same play. In the photo there are two photographers who are right behind him who are not in the video. There is a wall in the photo but a grass hill in the video.

Not to mention that the defender is no where to be found in the photo either. Nice work sportsfan111.

Not to mention that the defender is no where to be found in the photo either. Nice work sportsfan111.

you are correct!

look at the picture, its the 25 yard line i believe because you can see the coaches box with the cover on the sideline with the portable trainers table and the block wall

behind the player. i also think their sideline stripe is wider and painted in.

after watching the video there is no doubt in my mind that he was out of bounds. The ref was right there and there is no excuse for him to miss that call. That being said, that is not where BA lost the game. They lost it when they played man to man on 3rd and 33, where a sophomore corner who had barely played all game was matched up against a receiver much bigger than him. It gave the corner no chance, and Ensworth converted. After that it was like quicksand, BA kept sinking. I dont understand why BA's coaches would have a young sophomore in the game when he had been on the sidelines for most of the game, and the season, and why they would be running man to man with that corner. It truly baffles me.

you are correct!

look at the picture, its the 25 yard line i believe because you can see the coaches box with the cover on the sideline with the portable trainers table and the block wall

behind the player. i also think their sideline stripe is wider and painted in.

not so fast my Ensworth friends...if this was the 25 yard line, where are the yard markers that are painted down the field/sideline? This was the endzone.

at this point it does not matter whether the picture is the touchdown or not because we have the video of the play where he is clearly out. However, the video also does not matter because its not going to matter because the game is over. BA should have won they were the better team for 3 and a half quarters, but completely unravelled. The only reason that this is relevant is because the TSSAA official was in perfect position yet still ended up missing the call, which is inexplicable.

Yep, none of this matters if you don't give up 3rd and 33 and then another long completion to a TE who had only caught one ball for 6 yards entering this game. The TD came on first down, so who knows what would have happened on the next 3 downs. If he's ruled out as he apparently was, Ensworth was carrying an awful lot of momentum, but it's football, so who knows.

I garuntee you that this will be a real good game. Baylor will have a real hard time knocking a hole in the line where that Antonio Richardson boy lines up. I was reading in my Murphy Fair book and this boy is 6'5 310lbs. This boy is big enough to play in the SEC. If I was that Baylor coach, I would make my runners run away from him. I am thinking about going up to Cookeville on Wednesday night and watching the all 8 games on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. You think im joking but im not.

I garuntee you that this will be a real good game. Baylor will have a real hard time knocking a hole in the line where that Antonio Richardson boy lines up. I was reading in my Murphy Fair book and this boy is 6'5 310lbs. This boy is big enough to play in the SEC. If I was that Baylor coach, I would make my runners run away from him. I am thinking about going up to Cookeville on Wednesday night and watching the all 8 games on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. You think im joking but im not.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, quite honestly, since Antonio doesn't play for Ensworth anymore. Yes, you'll probably see Antonio in the SEC for the next 3-4 years, but I thought most fans that followed HS football probably knew that he was no longer playing for Ensworth. Anyway, Ensworth has managed to win without him. Baylor has a great QB, who is surely the front runner for the DII-AA back of the year (and I'm really only saying that cause Corn is a sophomore - I feel like there is a Heisman tendency to steer away from underclassmen). Nonetheless, Huesman is really good. From watching him in a couple of games, he is a competitor. He expects to win, and he will do all it takes to do just that. He always leaves it all on the line. That is, he plays with no regrets. Baylor also has that #32 DL/FB. He is a load. One of the best in the league. I don't think you can gauge the first game between these two as a predictor of this game. However, I still give the edge to Ensworth. Guess my last remarks probably belonged to another thread.

Anyway, have a good time in Cookeville if you go for 3 nights. I'm sure the town will appreciate your revenue.