Baylor hosts BGA

MountainTroll

Congrats Baylor. Defense was awesome tonight except for a few passes but overall the defense was laying the wood all night with big hits. This team is really fired up right now. Very well executed game for baylor. Saw a few new looks, but I still think Massey has plenty of plays hidden away. The line of scrimmage was dominated by Baylor all night long on both sides of the ball. Looks like it will be Baylor and Ensworth in the finals now. Wow talk about a let down in the end on Brentwoods side. Brentwood just looks like they have no fight. They just dont look like the Brentwood teams that I have seen in the past. They have the talent and discipline just not the heart, and in this league you have to have it all to take the title in my oppinion. Either way congrats again to Baylor. Keep the fire burning boys, bring it home. Were going to the SHIP!

Congratulations to Baylor on a great season--but what a classless comment though on BA's team. I saw every game they played this year, I am an alum who played on those teams from the past, and I'll put these boys' effort up there with any BA team I have ever watched play (30 years and counting). They never stopped fighting. BA's a great school, great history, and have been to 24 state finals, played in the semis the last 2 years, losing by a combined total of 2 points combined in each of the last 2 years semi-final games (missed extra points in both games). Baylor has had a great year, are well coached, and deserve their shot. But let's not let one good year out of the past 20 or so go to your head.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me something RedRobin, why do you have to disrespect the 7-6 BGA Wildcats and 4-7 McCallie with your condescending rebuttle? "Disrespect of competing programs is not something that is typically associated with fine academic institutions"...or are you suggesting that BA is not a fine academic insitution? I don't have a problem with you defending your kids and your program...but come on, your post reeks of the pot calling the kettle black!

Posting a team's record accurately is somehow condescending or disrespectful?????? In case you hadn't noticed, both McCallie and BGA advanced past the first round of the DII-AA playoffs, which is quite an accomplishment. While you are reveling in your perceived "victimization", I am sure that both the BGA and McCallie teams will be working hard to realize an even better finish to next season. It is that attitude, not yours, that makes this (still) a great country.

Posting a team's record accurately is somehow condescending or disrespectful?????? In case you hadn't noticed, both McCallie and BGA advanced past the first round of the DII-AA playoffs, which is quite an accomplishment. While you are reveling in your perceived "victimization", I am sure that both the BGA and McCallie teams will be working hard to realize an even better finish to next season. It is that attitude, not yours, that makes this (still) a great country.

First let me congratulate Baylor on an outstanding season and for playing in the championship game. I had the pleasure to attend last night's game...the team I support (Red Bank) lost in the playoffs last week so that afforded me the opportunity to take in this game. Baylor is a class act and could have run up the score last night as a BGA fan on here already mentioned. Their was great sportsmanship on the parts of Baylor and BGA and that goes for the fans. You need to get over your sensitive side here. The fan you are enraged over said nothing to be offended over. He was not trashing your program. We all say something sometimes that maybe could be worded differently. That may be the case here in chosing the word of "heart" He did this on a Baylor BGA board....not a BA. Yes, you could take what you said wrong also in bringing up BGA and McCallie's records. Yes, you quoted their records acurately....but if someone wants to get " sensitive like you have"....well your intent was known by that as well. Also, you mention Baylor only beat BA by one point. That is just as good as 40 isn't it? Counts the same way. I believe that the problem here is that Ensworth mounted a great comeback and defeated your team. Since you are trying to be high and mighty...maybe you need to reread your posts....kind of over the top no doubt. Congratulations again to Baylor....you should be proud.

First let me congratulate Baylor on an outstanding season and for playing in the championship game. I had the pleasure to attend last night's game...the team I support (Red Bank) lost in the playoffs last week so that afforded me the opportunity to take in this game. Baylor is a class act and could have run up the score last night as a BGA fan on here already mentioned. Their was great sportsmanship on the parts of Baylor and BGA and that goes for the fans. You need to get over your sensitive side here. The fan you are enraged over said nothing to be offended over. He was not trashing your program. We all say something sometimes that maybe could be worded differently. That may be the case here in chosing the word of "heart" He did this on a Baylor BGA board....not a BA. Yes, you could take what you said wrong also in bringing up BGA and McCallie's records. Yes, you quoted their records acurately....but if someone wants to get " sensitive like you have"....well your intent was known by that as well. Also, you mention Baylor only beat BA by one point. That is just as good as 40 isn't it? Counts the same way. I believe that the problem here is that Ensworth mounted a great comeback and defeated your team. Since you are trying to be high and mighty...maybe you need to reread your posts....kind of over the top no doubt. Congratulations again to Baylor....you should be proud.

I am not a BA fan, just someone who feels fortunate to have had the opportunity to see those young men play this year. I am also fortunate to have seen Baylor play and am looking forward to a great championship game in DII-AA. For that matter, I have also enjoyed watching the young men who represent both BGA and McCallie. To the extent that I overreacted, I apologize - I just have a real problem when someone sitting behind a keyboard publicly disrespects the efforts of any amateur athlete. Those kids could have spent last night playing video games rather than laying it on the line and I think they are all due a tremendous amount of respect, whatever school you cheer for. I accept that rollredraiders10 did not mean any disrespect in his/her post and will move on.

Edited by RedRobin

I am not a BA fan, just someone who feels fortunate to have had the opportunity to see those young men play this year. I am also fortunate to have seen Baylor play and am looking forward to a great championship game in DII-AA. For that matter, I have also enjoyed watching the young men who represent both BGA and McCallie. To the extent that I overreacted, I apologize - I just have a real problem when someone sitting behind a keyboard publicly disrespects the efforts of any amateur athlete. Those kids could have spent last night playing video games rather than laying it on the line and I think they are all due a tremendous amount of respect, whatever school you cheer for. I accept that rollredraiders10 did not mean any disrespect in his/her post and will move on.

Red robin- no one said the BA kids aren't laying it on the line. But if you ask anybody not from BA, 9 times out of 10 they'll say BA didnt look like they had the fire at times this year. That team has too much talent and too good of a coach. Not saying all the time, but yes at times BA looked a little less motivated. Ya you guys got a bad draw thanks to the TSSAA but this doesnt have to do with the playoffs.

I agree with what you say about "all" of the kids laying it on the line. We are all proud of our fine schools and these kids represent their schools with class. I do think you overreacted with rollredraiders10 because I don't believe he meant any ill will towards BA with the comment but that's ok. We read into comments way too much sometimes. It sounds like you are a fan D2 AA football. Hope that you can come to the Baylor/Ensworth game in a couple of weeks. I will be there cheering on my Red Raiders as loudly as I can. This is the only school we lost to this year...and Elder is a load no doubt. It will take a tremendous effort to beat them. But I think Ensworth will have their hands full as well. Should be a whale of a game.

I don't have an attitude, nor was I reveling in perceived victimization. I was simply pointing out that the inclusion of the two schools records was an obvious attempt to minimize rollredraiders10's schools accomplishment in advancing to the state title game, as if they had a much easier road to get there because they played two teams that had less then stellar records. Wether they did or they didn't isn't the issue. I stand by my comments that in your effort to rebute comments that you felt were disrespectful to BA, that you did the very thing you were complaining about by disrespecting two programs that had no dog in your fight. Had you made your original comments without including the records, then it would have been much easier to believe that you were actually aplauding them. In the only game that I saw BA play this year it certainly did not appear to me that they lacked heart. At least we can agree on that.