New coach in wilson co?

Creekbank76

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last three head coaches were all very good people -- Bobby Brown, Ron Marshall and Bob Dillard. None of the three had any head coaching experience when they were hired. The 6A level is pretty tough for on-the-job training. I wish they'd look for someone with head coaching experience.

Moose is well thought of in our 7AAA region and at Oakland. Sounds like he has been successful as head man at Gordonsville too. Best of continued luck to him.

What about the guy at Trousdale that used to be at Riverdale? Creasy. Has he put his name in on this job? I think he could make that place competitive fast. The boys liked him in warrior country.

I wonder if Britton is putting his name in ?

Moose is respected all over middle Tn! I know that for a fact. He brought me over to Wilson County several years ago! I owe a lot to the guy. He stood by his coaches and let us coach. I hated how LHS done him at the time, but he is doing very well at his home town in G-Ville. My wife use to sit near his at the games and was amazed at how much football she knew. I still see Davy today at work and always try to say "Hey" every time I see him. Great football family. His weight room program is second to none, if I ever get a chance to run a program or weight-room program, I would model it after his.

So, 2priceless you haven't said much that I already don't know. I respect your wisdom and knowledge of your beloved Patriots over the years and you have always talked good of Moose. I'm sure you guys are friends. As far as Creasy, I heard he isn't interested, but i've been wrong before. Creasy would be a good hire though. As far as a new guy, Lebanon needs to take a guy that has proved HE can win.

Some good advice to the new coach! Who ever gets the job, you will have some very big boys on the o-line "Beef". A very good Tight-end who can stablize a block. The maynard kid; my own personal belief, needs to be at the tail-back position if running the eye. He is a ball player, but not a throwing QB. Athlete, he is. Run a lot of zone blocking schemes. Need to get out some basketball players (athletic guy's) as Wr's. If you run a spread type offense or single back, then keep maynard at QB. Use him as much as possible in the offense. They usually have some good speedy backs, but they're usually as big as my 9 year old daughter with tons of heart. As you can see, I'm an offensive minded coach. I will not take this away from Bobby though, give the boy's a chance to win. Bobby took chances against those Rutherford County schools and won some big games! My six years there under Moose and Bobby, we beat Oakland 5 out of 6 tries. Sorry, 2p!

Man oh man, now why did you have to bring up the record against us at Oakland? DANG.... now I am depressed. Seems like we played on Friday the 13th every time we turned around to jinx us. For some reason yall had our number and we had some freaky finishes over the years, didn't we? The one that stands out the most to me was in 99 when we won 7-3 at your place. Not sure if you were coaching there then or not, but we lost in the semis that year, and I don't think anyone in the playoffs ( except for Sevier who put us out) played us as tough as your devils did. My son was on that OHS team and he was sore as a cobb that next morning. Your team was strong as oxes. Probably the biggest mistake Ferg made at OHS was putting another coach in charge of the weightroom instead of Moose. It showed right away. Our o line was blown off the ball every play. His second mistake was trying to go to the wingt with an OC that didn't seem to know how to set up the plays.I really think those two moves cost Ferg his job at the end of that year. Mac inherited some 3 yr starters with good technique on D.

I do respect the program at LHS.There have been lots of tough players with lots of heart over the years. It seeems like whoever coaches there gets messed over by the so-called fans. We have had a few backstabbers over the years at OHS, but I don't think anywhere compares with those fools at Lebanon or seegull.

Will Brown continue to coach elsewhere or will he hang it up? Riverdale could sure use a better defensive coodinator. Could you see LOD if Borwn turned up there with the lift and the laptop?

How could there still be a Maynord kid there? I thought he and the brother both graduated by now. Those kids were heck of athletes.

Edited by 2priceless

Man oh man, now why did you have to bring up the record against us at Oakland? DANG.... now I am depressed. Seems like we played on Friday the 13th every time we turned around to jinx us. For some reason yall had our number and we had some freaky finishes over the years, didn't we? The one that stands out the most to me was in 99 when we won 7-3 at your place. Not sure if you were coaching there then or not, but we lost in the semis that year, and I don't think anyone in the playoffs ( except for Sevier who put us out) played us as tough as your devils did. My son was on that OHS team and he was sore as a cobb that next morning. Your team was strong as oxes. Probably the biggest mistake Ferg made at OHS was putting another coach in charge of the weightroom instead of Moose. It showed right away. Our o line was blown off the ball every play. His second mistake was trying to go to the wingt with an OC that didn't seem to know how to set up the plays.I really think those two moves cost Ferg his job at the end of that year. Mac inherited some 3 yr starters with good technique on D.

I do respect the program at LHS.There have been lots of tough players with lots of heart over the years. It seeems like whoever coaches there gets messed over by the so-called fans. We have had a few backstabbers over the years at OHS, but I don't think anywhere compares with those fools at Lebanon or seegull.

Will Brown continue to coach elsewhere or will he hang it up? Riverdale could sure use a better defensive coodinator. Could you see LOD if Borwn turned up there with the lift and the laptop?

How could there still be a Maynord kid there? I thought he and the brother both graduated by now. Those kids were heck of athletes.

Yes sir, that was my first year with Moose. Very excited game, but the next year was even more exciting at MTSU. Do not remember score, but we took the ball on first play for about 80 yards with a back-up running back (Logue). Ross; the starter, had a bad ankle but still managed 80 yards for the game. We held you guys on the thirteen. 2001 we saw another exciting game at Oakland when Forrest had an outstanding game. Sad though, 911 happen week before. A little controversy during that game, but it slipps my mind to what.

Under Brown's fist year, A.J. Stewart took over the game with some play making ability against a top ranked Oakland team. He works at Toot's there in the boro. Great kid! My last year under Brown, we were down 21 points at half. Brown didn't go hog wild on the kids at all. Didn't even yell. Calmly made adjustments, we scored 28 points in 3:46. Went own to win 43-27 I believe. Very exciting games in deed. I've been with Coach Perry the last 5 years at MJ. Their big games seem to come against Beech, but not much luck as of late! Lot's of exciting football in deed and all fun. I love good games and good match-ups!

Tray Aric?

Scott Smith?

Kevin Creasey?

David Watson?

Bobby Wells?

Kris White?

Keasler at Smyrna?

Just throwing some names out for discussion.

I would offer Keasler myself. He deserves a shot as a head coach. He has been the DC and made it to the state with two different head coaches at Smyrna, so who is the constant??

We don't want to lose White at OHS but he would make a good one too.

Creasey has proven himself with two back to back state championships, but does it translate over from 2a to 6a?

Whoever comes in better be ready to do battle with Perry at MJ and fight to keep kids from transferring to FC.

I don't think Watson will apply, I have heard he is probably headed back to Siegel and not coaching at all. May be a rumor, but I had a friend tell me that. Have you heard that 2P?

I don't think Watson will apply, I have heard he is probably headed back to Siegel and not coaching at all. May be a rumor, but I had a friend tell me that. Have you heard that 2P?

No, I had not heard that rumor as of yet. That surprises me as he did a heck of a job at Blackman with their Oline and alotof good talent still remains at BHS. I would hate to see him get out of coaching as I feel he still has some good years left in him. I don't think seegull was the best place for him. As I said before, too many backstabbers and control freaks there. Best of luck to him in whatever the future brings for him. I sure enjoyed watching him play in the good ole red, white, and blue at Oakland.

I heard Coach Troy Crane from Cumberland is who they want. Anyone else hear that?

Pardon my ignorance but are you talking about a coach from Cumberland County Jets or Cumberland University? If from CU, does Crane have any high school head coaching experience? Is Dwayne Alexander still the coach at CU?

How quickly will this be resolved. Lebanon is getting behind the longer it takes to hire.

Pardon my ignorance but are you talking about a coach from Cumberland County Jets or Cumberland University? If from CU, does Crane have any high school head coaching experience? Is Dwayne Alexander still the coach at CU?

How quickly will this be resolved. Lebanon is getting behind the longer it takes to hire.

CU and is the QB coach there. I am not aware of any head coaching experience but that doesnt mean he is not the right man for the job. I have also heard that Crane is Alexander's right hand man and cumberland is looking to upgrade there stadium and could possible share Lebanon's new one. I have not talked to any Cumberland Coaches in the past 2 months so I do not know for certain the plan or if any of this is for certain.

Who knows if any of this is true. Maybe,I'm just a young coach who cares just a little too much about Tennessee High School football and wants the best for all the coaches and schools who play this wonderful game, and YES tnhsfbfan85 I am at Cane Ridge and look forward to next season with them and continuing to help build that program with Abner, but also look forward to the the opportunity of becoming a HC at the high school and or college level which ever may come first. Its something I prepare for on a daily bases and take a lot of PRIDE in!