St. George vs Davidson Academy

SoonerSteve

Davidson wins by 14, Williams has 250+ and 3 scores. Unless DA has turnovers they march down field to pay dirt all night. (lets just hope this time that its not like last week and fail on 4th and goal from the 1 inch line twice!!!)

That's positive thinking. I am not sure what to think of St. George. But as 11-0 and hosting, I'm assuming they would be the favorites. I think #40 has to go off for 200+ yards which is possible for DA to win. DA has to limit their mistakes, force some turnovers, and control the clock. If DA scores at the 2 inch line twice, the game last week is out of hand. I'm sure St. George will be tough to beat, and it will be interesting. I don't think #40 goes down without a fight.

All of the above posts make valid points. I do not think SBEC is a very good football team and DA only ended up beating them by, I believe the score was 20-7. I think SBEC does have a good defense, but their offense is very poor. I look for DA to try to pound the ball with 40 and 2, if they control the clock and keep Blake Edwards and that St. George's offense off the field, this could be the end of the road for the Gryphons. Going back to the goal line stops... if I recall SG had two huge goal line stops last week against FRA. I heard the one that they had right before the half was the momentum that carried them into the end zone on the first drive of the second half. I would venture to say that SG defense is better than SBEC's, so with that said, I do not see 40 having 40 carries this week too, not to mention a 200+ yard game. They will have to spread the ball around and keep SG's on their toes. I think the whole reason why he had 40 carries last week was because that was the most rest he has had on that bum knee all season. St. George's is doing a decent job of spreading the ball around on offense and getting the ball to their playmakers. I agree with SmokeStack, with SG hosting this semi-final round, I think they will be hard to beat. Im gonna say SG wins by 10 and moves on to play the ECS v WEBB winner on Dec. 2 in Cookeville.

If the coaching staff at DA would be willing to have both Williams and Dixon in the backfield and call plays that get the ball to both at a 60/40 in favor of Williams, they could be very hard to defend and could take the win tonight. However, if they just feed the ball to Williams and allow St. George's to focus solely on him it could be a long night for DA.