Jo Byrns vs Perry Co.

theGURU

Battle of the Best.  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who is headed to Cookeville to represent the West?

• Perry County
    • Jo Byrns

How about me?Can't believe I didn't get to meet you.Saw Radio and Glazed..I read the post where Odin said he came to the Lake Co side..If it was at the half,I was on the PC side..the winners side..Thought about buying one of those PC hats and shirts they were selling on the PC side..lol

Hey Bigster you are more then welcome back, consider this a handwritten invitation. :thumb:

Alright I’ve got to put some folks on blast after some of their comments…

First the comment that JB relies too much on their running game...the running game is their strength. I don’t understand how your reliance on your strength is a weakness. Doesn’t every team do that?

Next this thought that JB isn’t balanced and that without balance they can’t win…go tell Union City, Trousdale County, South Pittsburg and rest of the state championship teams that have won without balance. Balance is overrated in 1A football…you pass for show and run for dough and you can take that to the bank. However, JB can and does pass the ball. Do we run some screens and “dump offsâ€; yes! But the last time I checked a forward pass is a forward pass. I’m sorry if our passing game doesn’t impress folks but we’re not here to impress. Our passing game is what I’d call a situational passing game. With that said, we have a lot of pass plays we run (successfully) and they’re not screens and dump offs.

Lastly, JB can and will expose PC’s secondary and it won’t be through the air…NCS, C’wood, & WC stacked the box, knew the plays that were coming and couldn’t stop it. That’s how you win championships!

Well said, they have not listened to me though, maybe they will listen to you..... :thumb:

If PC stops JB's running game PC wins; I just don't think they can and there's only one way to find out. I do think run/pass balance is very overrated but what isn't overrated is an offenses ability to keep the defense guessing which you eluded to. You can keep the defense guessing multiple ways; not just being balanced with run and pass plays.

As for Wayne Co. stopping JB's run game, I disagree. JB had 241 yards on 36 carries for a 6.7 yards per rush average. The turnovers were critical to JB's win but so was their run game. At the end of the game WC was gassed.

[/quote

Well you can have them guessing but a run is a run. If you can pass the ball you can have the linebackers and secondary maybe thinking its a pass and thus will open up the run game even more. I do agree that Wayne County was gassed. They had nothing left in the tank.

A run is a run and a pass is a pass :roflol: On defense you must read and react on every play. You can know run but you may not know where.

Story time...... Well originally i'm from Giles County... My dad is from Waverly and my mom is from Giles.... They met somehow and I lived in Giles County till seventh grade (if I would have stayed, id have a state championship now ugh!)

hey me too... i played at south giles for a couple years my 6th n 7th grade years but moved to perry co my 8th grade yr,, where did u play?? bridgeforth?

JB is tough upfront on both the O and D line so I like our chances this week as well. I also noticed that WC was gassed. I would be interested to know if that was a product of a less than competitive regular season or a little too much intensity at the beginning of the game. I also wonder if they ran out of steam during the PC game.

I have seen both Perry Co and Jo Byrns play this season and both are outstanding football teams. I think the difference in this game will be Pc's speed. JB runs the ball we all know that and they run it well. Its pretty much straight forward I form or Power I all night not a lot of misdirection or disguising anything. Pc's offense is all about running and gunning with everything surrounding Mr Football candidate Jacob Tucker. Pc is the complete package despite all the talk being about the two studs Mercer and Tucker they are about five deep at Wr, have a solid O line all the way across, and the FB is small but is critical to this offense. Jb is big and powerful using fundamentals and old school technique to power their way into the semi finals. They have a couple Rb's who will carry the load all night (can't remember their #'s) and from what i've saw they are very solid up front on both sides of the ball. This isn't the same JB team from last year imo by any means. The difference will be Pc's defense, they are fast and will be quick to fill the hole friday night. The only time Pc has been hurt by the run this year was by C'wood and most of that damage was done in the 1st half then Pc figured out the misdirection stuff and shut them down in the 2nd half. JB is straight forward out of the I and Power I Pc will be quick on the ball and they love contact. It will be a good game but speed will win it for PC.

Perry County had some bad luck and dropped passes in the Redzone against Riverside, it happens. How did that Mt. Pleasant "Powerhouse" treat you in McKenzie? Almost an order of Whineburgers and French Cries for the Rebels. Focus on the positive "Moderator!"

almost, only counts with hand grenade and horseshoes. :lol:

Perry County had some bad luck and dropped passes in the Redzone against Riverside, it happens. How did that Mt. Pleasant "Powerhouse" treat you in McKenzie? Almost an order of Whineburgers and French Cries for the Rebels. Focus on the positive "Moderator!"

I think he was focusing on the positive...for him. :roflol:and almost don't count except for horseshoes and hand grenades.