Boyd Buc @ Signal Mountain

reaction

Still a little misty up on the Mountain, but ought to be clear by this afternoon. Gonna be cold and windy tonight, so everbody bundle up. Windchills in the high 20's. cold.gif

Field's in pretty good shape. It drains well, so I don't think it's gonna be the rain that slows Mr. Reed down.:roflol:

Will the wind affect Signal's air attack? I doubt it; and I sure hope not, since Signal don't have nobody that can run the ball. :roflolk:

Everbody have a safe trip up and back down. Ought to be a heck of a game.:thumb:

clip_image002-1.jpgGO EAGLES!clip_image002-1.jpg

What makes you think, like he does maybe, that he has "total" control at SM? We may be a little smarter than you think. ;) But the chemistry and combination is definitely working and we're glad to have him.

Like I said he has done a great job. I never implied you weren't smart. It has been said that coach Price kicks kids off his team if they miss: practice/ summer workouts/ or have planned family outings. It doesn't work that way at boarding school's. That is the control I'm talking about. It would be impossible for him to be consistent with this rule.

I know you're glad to have him. I've not seen any team/ community not glad to have a coach as long as you are winning. Having better players (on offense) than the other teams SM has played has been the difference. That is why SM mercy ruled 9 of 10 opponents during the regular season. Giving up 30-40 something points(two playoff games)in games usually gets you beat. Jimmy's and Joe's are better than x's and o's.

Best of luck tonight to both schools. I feel Signal wins easily this week. Prediction SM 49 BB 14.

tonight is bad news for the bucs, it's become aparent that they no longer desire to run their mouths via the world wide web. i would just like to pray that god has mercy on the poor bucs, because the eagles will not.

From your post, one can assume the Bucs eliminated your team.

We're not taking the "poor bucs" for granted.

Like I said he has done a great job. I never implied you weren't smart. It has been said that coach Price kicks kids off his team if they miss: practice/ summer workouts/ or have planned family outings. It doesn't work that way at boarding school's. That is the control I'm talking about. It would be impossible for him to be consistent with this rule.

I know you're glad to have him. I've not seen any team/ community not glad to have a coach as long as you are winning. Having better players (on offense) than the other teams SM has played has been the difference. That is why SM mercy ruled 9 of 10 opponents during the regular season. Giving up 30-40 something points(two playoff games)in games usually gets you beat. Jimmy's and Joe's are better than x's and o's.

Best of luck tonight to both schools. I feel Signal wins easily this week. Prediction SM 49 BB 14.

Thanks. You have a pretty good picture of his tight ship and I understand what you're saying about an expensive private school. I'll just add two more thoughts: 1) our kids are atuned to the "tight ship" and have come to expect tough rules - and they might not be quite as punitive as you describe - but they're tough. 2) I've been around coach enough to have seen his other side - that of a teacher and administrator. He's pretty savvy and knows how to manuver off the field too. If he ever did end up at a school like you describe, he could adjust as needed if it were part of his expectations and in his best interest.

Go Eagles!

Edited by smeagleproud