Whitehaven vs. Smyrna

Red Rebels

Smyrna fans be careful on your trip to Memphis. ITS FINALLY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! :D

HEY D.Q. YOU PULLED UP TO OUR TAILGATE SPOT WAY BEFORE THE GAME.THANKS FOR YOUR HOSPILITY.YOU FOLKS WERE FIRST CLASS LAST NIGHT.I'M SO PROUD OF OUR DOGS.I THINK THAT SOME UNDERESTIMATING WAS DEFINITELY THERE.YALLS KIDS FOUGHT HARD.IT WAS GREAT TO MEET YOU.WHITEHAVEN HAS A BUNCH OF FIRST CLASS FOLKS.

Whitehaven has given up only 100 points through 13 games. Smyrna has given up 156. Whitehaven also has one of the best defenses in the state. Respect the Haven.

STATS ARE STATS.THE GAME DETERMINED THE REST.THE HEART OF A TEAM IS THE FACTOR THAT NEVER GETS RECORDED.OUR DOGS HAVE HEART AND THEN SOME!!!SHOWED IT TONIGHT.DOGS BABY!!!

Really a shame for Smyrna.

Ever since 6th grade I can remember #5 and #45 being close buddies and studs on the football team. They went through Middle School dominating competition. I even recall talking to them their Freshmen year how they used to talk to each other on the field during kick offs debating "who would take this one back to the house." #5 was as lucky to get his Middle School jersey retired during his Freshmen year of High School ball. There was always a silent debate whether who had more impact in the High School game, I will not touch that argument. I've seen both players countless times make plays that were jaw dropping and have amazing games (see #5's performance as a True Freshmen vs Independence 5A State Championship.) But somehow, it seems like it will be a disappointment. #5 is questionable while #45 is doubtful, it's really a shame they will not get to lead their own team to a chance for a championship.

With that being said, I think (as much as it pains me to say being a Smyrna Alumni), this is it...I think this is where my last ties to SHS leave the school ringless. Whitehaven seems to be playing well, they had a pretty good season last year, they have Smyrna on the 3 hour bus ride (probably 4 the way school buses are), and more importantly Smyrna's Mr. Football Lineman is out, along with their Pitt commitment. Now I know Smyrna is a deep team, at HB they showed that, at WR they have some great athletes, TE is a very underrated position for the Bulldogs, and of course both lines and the defense are fairly deep. I just think there is too much going against the Bulldogs. Not to mention the fact if they get past this game who they'll most likely be playing. I wish emotions could carry you 2 more games, I wish players never had to miss games, but it just seems like everything is going right for Whitehaven.

Final Score:

Whitehaven - 17

Smyrna - 13

Hoping I'm wrong...

ALSO:

Nice little video of Smyrna vs Blackman last Friday

Smyrna is a Balanced team more tendency to run than pass. A mobile quarterback who throws the deep ball well. What about Whitehaven? Any video/high lights on them? Key players to watch for? D1 recruits?

It was a great game. If our fast db doesn't catch your fast tailback it is a different ballgame. Hard to imagine any two faster kids... that and pick were two huge plays... whitehaven were great hosts and a great band. Lot of your players come back next year don't they?

who was the Smyrna player that ran #7 down . who ever he was he must be super fast because #7 for Haven had some jets on him ?

HEY D.Q. YOU PULLED UP TO OUR TAILGATE SPOT WAY BEFORE THE GAME.THANKS FOR YOUR HOSPILITY.YOU FOLKS WERE FIRST CLASS LAST NIGHT.I'M SO PROUD OF OUR DOGS.I THINK THAT SOME UNDERESTIMATING WAS DEFINITELY THERE.YALLS KIDS FOUGHT HARD.IT WAS GREAT TO MEET YOU.WHITEHAVEN HAS A BUNCH OF FIRST CLASS FOLKS.

Man what a football game. Good luck to the SMYRNA BULLDOGS next week. Beat Maryville. Gonna try to make the game.

The Haven learned we still got work to do to achieve our goal. Well be back next year. book it!!

My mother always told me if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all... Well, I must at least say I am tired of us (Whitehaven) being the co-stars/stand-ins in the next team's show/movie... Last Season it was White Station, 2 years ago it was G-Town. This season it's Smyrna. This will not keep happening to us!!! Sometimes you know things just won't be goin your way however... I still don't get How one of our wideouts (#14) drops a wide open pass that some kinda way bounces off of his shoes and right into a Smyrna defender's arms! SMH... #7 Mark Dotson gettin ran down from behind is still unreal in my head! I have watched that play on film 5 times and I just can't believe #17 got Mark Jr. from behind!!! SMH... Then 2 plays later our QB, #17 T Money is what we call him, throws a post TOO FAR INSIDE and not on the hash as he did earlier in the game, right to #22 for Smyrna! SMH... It just wasn't our night Friday I guess... I am still shocked that we as an offense had just 5 first downs! We dropped TWO easy passes one that lead to an INT. I am just totally bummed out from our performance as an offensive unit. We really missed some oppertunities as a unit. Some people want to blame coaching (I'll take that blame personally if need be), some people want to blame players (this fair yet unfair to do), some people want to blame the fact that we at Whitehaven have too many nice things (I will never understand that sentiment), whatever and where ever the blame may fall, all I know is that I am tired of being on the short end of this State Championship thing! Da Haven will be the star of this show one day real soon whether folks like it or not and I know its a lot of folks who aint gonna like it and don't wanna see it. We got the players, we got the right Head Coach, we got WAY more goin for us than most know! I just want to ask that the 38116 and 38109 becomes more emotionally invested in our program... My Whitehaven/BlackHaven people are too cool for school! I swear the Smyrna fans were louder and more lively than us. As the Senator of BlackHaven I ask that you fans come to the games and bring you some noise makers and get crunk in the stands. Get loud for the Defense and cheer strong for the offense... Having a real home field advantage would be nice. I just had to say something on here because that's what I do... Good luck Bulldogs... Yall played a very solid football game and kept yall mistakes to a minimum. #6 Wilson and # 5 Bryson did an excellent job and the defense more than held it's own... I will stay classy and say that you guys made more game winning plays.... To end this I will say what I always say........

RESPECT DA HAVEN

My mother always told me if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all... Well, I must at least say I am tired of us (Whitehaven) being the co-stars/stand-ins in the next team's show/movie... Last Season it was White Station, 2 years ago it was G-Town. This season it's Smyrna. This will not keep happening to us!!! Sometimes you know things just won't be goin your way however... I still don't get How one of our wideouts (#14) drops a wide open pass that some kinda way bounces off of his shoes and right into a Smyrna defender's arms! SMH... #7 Mark Dotson gettin ran down from behind is still unreal in my head! I have watched that play on film 5 times and I just can't believe #17 got Mark Jr. from behind!!! SMH... Then 2 plays later our QB, #17 T Money is what we call him, throws a post TOO FAR INSIDE and not on the hash as he did earlier in the game, right to #22 for Smyrna! SMH... It just wasn't our night Friday I guess... I am still shocked that we as an offense had just 5 first downs! We dropped TWO easy passes one that lead to an INT. I am just totally bummed out from our performance as an offensive unit. We really missed some oppertunities as a unit. Some people want to blame coaching (I'll take that blame personally if need be), some people want to blame players (this fair yet unfair to do), some people want to blame the fact that we at Whitehaven have too many nice things (I will never understand that sentiment), whatever and where ever the blame may fall, all I know is that I am tired of being on the short end of this State Championship thing! Da Haven will be the star of this show one day real soon whether folks like it or not and I know its a lot of folks who aint gonna like it and don't wanna see it. We got the players, we got the right Head Coach, we got WAY more goin for us than most know! I just want to ask that the 38116 and 38109 becomes more emotionally invested in our program... My Whitehaven/BlackHaven people are too cool for school! I swear the Smyrna fans were louder and more lively than us. As the Senator of BlackHaven I ask that you fans come to the games and bring you some noise makers and get crunk in the stands. Get loud for the Defense and cheer strong for the offense... Having a real home field advantage would be nice. I just had to say something on here because that's what I do... Good luck Bulldogs... Yall played a very solid football game and kept yall mistakes to a minimum. #6 Wilson and # 5 Bryson did an excellent job and the defense more than held it's own... I will stay classy and say that you guys made more game winning plays.... To end this I will say what I always say........

RESPECT DA HAVEN

And Much respect you have earned...Next time we play ill poke at ya...but definitely respect you.

Respect Da Haven

Funny how nobody is talking bout how DIRTY some of "Da Haven" players are. When you throw an opponent into the bench then taunt both opposing players and coaches on their own sideline, you need a lesson in class. I really like how two of your players decided to throw some punches late in the game. At least the refs decided to make a call and ejected those thugs. How about the double personal foul penalty called on Smyrna in the first half AFTER the SHS player allowed the Whitehaven player to punch him in the stomach three or four times before retaliating? This is not an isolated issue. I have heard many stories of teams visiting "Da Haven" and having issues with players, fans, etc. Justice always prevails and the best team with actual class won the game.

I also got a kick out of the Whithaven announcer saying at halftime: "Next week in Cookeville is the State Championship game and I am looking forward to seeing the Whithaven Tigers play for the State Title". Well I am sure the TSSAA will allow all the Whitehaven faithful, including their PA announcer, to purchase a ticket to see the game. Somebody forgot to tell Smyrna that Whitehaven was a shoe in for state. Oh well.

Just like any time a little kitty matches with a big dog, the bow wow takes care of business every time!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!

I was VERY impressed with Smyrna on both sides of the ball, especially the play of its offensive line, slippery Quarterback and hard-nosed RB. Additionally, the Right-guard was a beast! That cat was opening up holes all night long and did an excellent job of pass-blocking.

Although Whitehaven held Smyrna to only 10 points, Smyrna actually controlled the game for the most part: they mounted at least 4 or 5 long drives, including the final 6-minute one to run out the clock. Whitehaven, on the other hand, might have mounted only one half-way successful drive (its lone score was merely a 16 yard drive, after a fumble recovery)....Whitehaven's defense made a lot of excellent plays but couldn't seem to get off the field on 3rd downs, although they tightened up considerably in the the Red Zone.

The key difference in this game: Smyrna's offensive line play and execution, particularly on 3rd downs.

Maryville is going to have it hands full with Smyrna.

-----------------------------

Congratulations, Smyrna.... Good luck versus Maryville.

Great season, Whitehaven.

Ditto those sentiments. Smyrna ... go beat Maryville. Whitehaven ... great season, let this one stick in your head all off season!

Edited by kwc