HENDERSONVILLE @ RIDGEWAY

Newcastle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the winner of this game will be the 5A State Champion. I do believe that this will be a close game though.. Don't underestimate Hendersonville.. Beech did it and Henry County did it, and the Commandos beat both of them. They thrive on playing as the underdog.

Hendersonville - 27

Ridgeway - 24

Beech lost one of the best qb's in the midstate half way through the second qt and lost in ot because they had to use a second string holder on an extra point. You can play your "everybody thinks we're no good", "we're the underdog" game if it makes you feel better, but don't make factually incorrect statements about Beech to make your case. Beech has never and will never overlook Hendersonville.

Beech lost one of the best qb's in the midstate half way through the second qt and lost in ot because they had to use a second string holder on an extra point. You can play your "everybody thinks we're no good", "we're the underdog" game if it makes you feel better, but don't make factually incorrect statements about Beech to make your case. Beech has never and will never overlook Hendersonville.

Well said.

Players, fans, and even parents trash talked the living crap out of Hendersonville on Facebook. They were all, for the most part, expecting Henry County to run over the Commandos. I could go on Facebook and tell you the things that were said, but there's honestly no point. Henry County was favored to win the game 94% here on CoachT also.. So yes, Hendersonville was the underdog, yet Hendersonville was the better team.

The "facebook scandal" that you describe was as "two sided" as the game itself. Players, fans, and parents, typing on a keyboard has nothing to do with scheme, preparation, and game planning! The "Big Ones" contest on Coacht is a "popular vote" of fans across the state usually based on record alone of who a person "thinks" will win. If you want to "sell yourself" on the idea that the Commandos were the underdog,..well sell that idea to whoever is in the buying mood...but the idea that Beech OR Henry County "overlooked" or "underestimated" Hendersonville is about the most ridiculous statement on any of these postseason boards! It is simply not true!

At the (small) risk of having to eat Crow, later... Here's my prediction: :thumb:

----------------------------------------------

Ridgeway Roadrunners: 2010 - 5A State Champs !!!!!!!!

Last year at this time...everyone got on here saying Beech had no chance against Mitchell. This year yall are saying Hendersonville has no chance. I say this District 9 is toughest 5A district in state (6a district is smyrna riverdale blackman and them). I hope hendersonville keeps the golden ball in the region just to prove my point. Go commandos. Never thought i would say that!!!

For the most part from watching all the Youtube Highlights of Ridgeways games, they are playing cupcake after cupcake pretty much until last week. Hendersonville is no cupcake, especially if they play as they did vs Henry County. Should be a great game with a great atmosphere.

Special teams will be big for the commandos. With the low line drive punts as well as short kickoffs it could set up some good field position. If the big line of Hendersonville can control the quick penatrating D-line the Commandos could have a great night on the ground. And if Hunter Brown can control his passes it could open up even more of the run game.

Defensivly the Commandos will be challenged all night by the quick RB's from Ridgeway. They must wrap up every tackle as well as force some TO's. Its going to be a dogfight in the trenches.

Good Luck Commandos and practice hard this week!

Last year at this time...everyone got on here saying Beech had no chance against Mitchell. This year yall are saying Hendersonville has no chance. I say this District 9 is toughest 5A district in state (6a district is smyrna riverdale blackman and them). I hope hendersonville keeps the golden ball in the region just to prove my point. Go commandos. Never thought i would say that!!!

This is like kissing ur sister...Good luck Commandos...we need another gold ball in district 9 ...5A...!

Edited by runninblind

Razzle knows what he's talkin about. If you think Hendersonville is just gonna bend over and take it then your obviously not thinking clearly. Ridgeway is a very talented team with 2 great backs from watching some tape from last week. Hendersonville will have to stop the run in order to win. They are good at it too. It makes me laugh how some of yall say Hendersonville has no chance. Yall dont even know..

Definately one of if not the toughest district in the state.

GO COMMANDOS

For the most part from watching all the Youtube Highlights of Ridgeways games, they are playing cupcake after cupcake pretty much until last week. Hendersonville is no cupcake, especially if they play as they did vs Henry County. Should be a great game with a great atmosphere.

Special teams will be big for the commandos. With the low line drive punts as well as short kickoffs it could set up some good field position. If the big line of Hendersonville can control the quick penatrating D-line the Commandos could have a great night on the ground. And if Hunter Brown can control his passes it could open up even more of the run game.

Defensivly the Commandos will be challenged all night by the quick RB's from Ridgeway. They must wrap up every tackle as well as force some TO's. Its going to be a dogfight in the trenches.

Good Luck Commandos and practice hard this week!

Except for Whitehaven. they won 7-0 idk bout the others

H'ville has the advantage on special teams for sure.

D has to force turnovers and definately contain the 2 RB's..if not could get ugly. they can fly

I hear what you're saying: Anybody can be beaten on any given night. That includes Ridgeway.

I agree 100%.

Here's the KEY difference, however, between Mitchell's 2009 explosive team and Ridgeway's explosive team:

DEFENSE!

Defense wins Championships. Offense sells tickets.

Mitchell sold a whole bunch of tickets. Unfortunately, their defense was like swiss-cheese, full of holes!! The result: No Gold ball.

--------------------------------------------------------

Draw your own conclusions about Ridgeway's defense.