A free pass

coach68

The schools are A, AA and AAA, same as it was for nearly 25 years and same as it still is in other sports. The six-class division is just for playoffs. Finish in the top 2, the way teams did for a long time and you have no worries.

I am in total disagreement with the philosophy of that is the way it was in the old days so don't complain. How many schools were competing back then? I promise you in 2010 there are a large quantity of schools competing that were not competing in say 1990.

In every level of sports when they increase the number of teams dramatically they increase the number of teams in the playoffs. So the system we used in 1990 doesn't need to be the system we use in 2010. Now do I think we should have 8 state champions? No. I think that is too much, but we do not just need 3. I think 6 would be a good number. 4 public and 2 private.

I am in total disagreement with the philosophy of that is the way it was in the old days so don't complain. How many schools were competing back then? I promise you in 2010 there are a large quantity of schools competing that were not competing in say 1990.

In every level of sports when they increase the number of teams dramatically they increase the number of teams in the playoffs. So the system we used in 1990 doesn't need to be the system we use in 2010. Now do I think we should have 8 state champions? No. I think that is too much, but we do not just need 3. I think 6 would be a good number. 4 public and 2 private.

i would agree with you on that Gerry, IF EVERY school that was private played private and ever school that was public played public......and no ifs,ands or buts...if your a public school your public, if you pay to go to school your private...just my thought and alot of other PUBLIC SCHOOL backers.

i would agree with you on that Gerry, IF EVERY school that was private played private and ever school that was public played public......and no ifs,ands or buts...if your a public school your public, if you pay to go to school your private...just my thought and alot of other PUBLIC SCHOOL backers.

I totatly agree jh.

I'm not saying don't complain, just was saying it's not as if the regular season system has never been in place. Even with more teams added the school population breaks between A and AA, AA and AAA were probably about the same.

I agree on four, I'd like to see it put into place in basketball, baseball and softball as well.

Just to play Devil's advocate :twisted: , there used to be eight high schools in Blount County, now only four.

Discuss.

There use to be only be one high school in Williamson County that PLAYED football. Now there are 8. Explain that. Did all 8 schools have a football team?

Yes, they did.

Everett, Lanier, Friendsville, Porter, Townsend and State Champion Walland combined to form Heritage and William Blount in 1977 and 1979 respectively.

That was, ironically, about the same time that Alcoa and Maryville started winning even more than they had been.

Coincidence?

Maryvillle won state in 1970, 76 and 78.

Alcoa in 1977, 78, 79.

Yes, they did.

Everett, Lanier, Friendsville, Porter, Townsend and State Champion Walland combined to form Heritage and William Blount in 1977 and 1979 respectively.

That was, ironically, about the same time that Alcoa and Maryville started winning even more than they had been.

Coincidence?

Maryvillle won state in 1970, 76 and 78.

Alcoa in 1977, 78, 79.

I've been saying this for years. Great minds... Until Everett closed, I think they had beaten Maryville more than any other school. That honor now goes to Alcoa. :thumb: