Jefferson County Football 2011

JCHS13

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a new coach and new athletic director

Yes you people finally got your wish. You are getting a new coach which I think sucks, but now maybe Coach Anderson can go somewhere that wants to win. All you people do in Jefferson county is cry about something and try to compare every team to the 87 team. People wake up there no athlete in Jefferson county that can compare to the kids on the 87 team. I hope you all quit living in the past, but it really don't matter there not a coach in football that will win at jefferson county the way you all think they should win.

Yes you people finally got your wish. You are getting a new coach which I think sucks, but now maybe Coach Anderson can go somewhere that wants to win. All you people do in Jefferson county is cry about something and try to compare every team to the 87 team. People wake up there no athlete in Jefferson county that can compare to the kids on the 87 team. I hope you all quit living in the past, but it really don't matter there not a coach in football that will win at jefferson county the way you all think they should win.

Long time no see/read HeavyC,.I agree it sucks for Coach Anderson.And I agree that

The 87 team isa huge distraction.I have also heard it said by alot of folks and 2nd hand from the man himself that ..."Quarles couldnt win in Jeff Co".It seems that nearly every County resident that ever watched a 87 game is a expert in football!!! This is joke by any measure.Kids that want to play will be told one thing on the field and then go home and here something different from their families!!Also this sense of "great knowledge" keeps alot of the players from giving their all(in training) thru the year.Many(most?) of the players didn't do any offseason weight lifting or other workouts.Max weightlifting numbers in the fieldhouse bear this out.Whats MOST forgotton about the 87 team is that they had the best defenceive player in the country/and his brother,several "All State" players,11 guys go on to Big colleges to play,several got looked at by the NFL,to the man are said to have bench pressed over 400 lbs on the line,and rumor has several on the juice...GOOD LUCK in the future to Coach Anderson and thanks for all you did for the team!

bitter/sweet pill to swallow. you are correct to some degree in that every team will be compared to those of the 80's but this in no different than other program that have had glory days. AE, Halls, Central, Fulton, and Oak Ridge have done the same things. All programs compare to those exceptional teams of the past. Heck, DB wants to fire their coach each year for going 10-0 and losing in the playoffs. Anderson will be remenbered as a transitional coach that got the players back out. We thank him for that. As to not having players that compare to those days, you are wrong! The problem is we only have a few and not many!! Those teams had many. As to this firing, I hate to see Anderson leave, He loves JC. At the end of the day the people in JC will not except going 500. If the next coach goes 500 after 4 years, they will move on again??? right or wrong this is the life a coach excepts when he signs on the dotted line. I hate to see anyone lose their dreamjob. Good luch coach. Now JC decison makers----- go big or get out. step up to the plate and make things happen. Never happen -- no money!

If you factor in the mess that the school system/county government is in..I just don't see your big fish jumping at the chance to come to Jefferson County...It's either going to be someone with ties to the program (i.e. Erik Hutchins, Joe Case) or an assistant coach that is just itching for the chance to be a head...

bitter/sweet pill to swallow. you are correct to some degree in that every team will be compared to those of the 80's but this in no different than other program that have had glory days. AE, Halls, Central, Fulton, and Oak Ridge have done the same things. All programs compare to those exceptional teams of the past. Heck, DB wants to fire their coach each year for going 10-0 and losing in the playoffs. Anderson will be remenbered as a transitional coach that got the players back out. We thank him for that. As to not having players that compare to those days, you are wrong! The problem is we only have a few and not many!! Those teams had many. As to this firing, I hate to see Anderson leave, He loves JC. At the end of the day the people in JC will not except going 500. If the next coach goes 500 after 4 years, they will move on again??? right or wrong this is the life a coach excepts when he signs on the dotted line. I hate to see anyone lose their dreamjob. Good luch coach. Now JC decison makers----- go big or get out. step up to the plate and make things happen. Never happen -- no money!

Well they better get out, because no one big wants to come to Jefferson county to coach. You can NOT win at Jefferson county. I mean one of the biggest high school in the state, and you could not get anyone but Coach Anderson to take this sorry job to start with. This will be a blessing for Coach Anderson when he gets over the shock.

Well they better get out, because no one big wants to come to Jefferson county to coach. You can NOT win at Jefferson county. I mean one of the biggest high school in the state, and you could not get anyone but Coach Anderson to take this sorry job to start with. This will be a blessing for Coach Anderson when he gets over the shock.

God, I hope your wrong,But I think your right about not winning here.WE ( as a county) have 6 areas playing English MOUNTAIN FOOTBALL with 3 teams each,4 middle schools w/ 2 teams,And the second largest High School in the STATE !We have got to get on the same page, We should have a great feeder program,WE should have a PROGRAM!!!WE should have an Institution !!WE should have an indoor facility!!WE should have a world class weight room with a strength / nutrition/agility coach !!!WE should have mandatory workouts(wink)!!!We should have 2adays!!Many many times these coaches have been asked to come to the HS for clinics,But most never come(remember,,,they watched the 87 team).Coach Anderson I salute you ! Thanks for getting alot more kids out to play( we almost turned the field into the Leroy Shannon Soccor field before you took over).I really hope you will continue to help with the team under the new leadership.dvp4life

The issue is Jc will not pay, But i disagree, someone wants a chance to coach 6a ball. If they will pay, someone will come. See coaches have egos and want to advance. Somewhere a 3,4,5a coach is looking to promote! Make more money for their family!!!!!Even ones with state championships at thier programs. They all wonder if they can succeed at a higher level. Do they have what it takes?? Pay what Maryville pays George and see. In a few years they will be back. With 1200 boys, the numbers are in our favor. They can win and will. The kids at Jc are not fat, dumb, or lazy as others suggest. The program has taken positive steps in the past few years. Thanks to Coach Anderson for promoting this process. But for now, its time to take the next steps. We can all grumble over the decision, but this will get us nowhere. Now that the move has been made, Move forward. Make a big jump as too many student athletes are getting caught up in the mess.

God, I hope your wrong,But I think your right about not winning here.WE ( as a county) have 6 areas playing English MOUNTAIN FOOTBALL with 3 teams each,4 middle schools w/ 2 teams,And the second largest High School in the STATE !We have got to get on the same page, We should have a great feeder program,WE should have a PROGRAM!!!WE should have an Institution !!WE should have an indoor facility!!WE should have a world class weight room with a strength / nutrition/agility coach !!!WE should have mandatory workouts(wink)!!!We should have 2adays!!Many many times these coaches have been asked to come to the HS for clinics,But most never come(remember,,,they watched the 87 team).Coach Anderson I salute you ! Thanks for getting alot more kids out to play( we almost turned the field into the Leroy Shannon Soccor field before you took over).I really hope you will continue to help with the team under the new leadership.dvp4life

amen, we should, and thanks to anderson for what he has done. stay positive and go pats

The issue is Jc will not pay, But i disagree, someone wants a chance to coach 6a ball. If they will pay, someone will come. See coaches have egos and want to advance. Somewhere a 3,4,5a coach is looking to promote! Make more money for their family!!!!!Even ones with state championships at thier programs. They all wonder if they can succeed at a higher level. Do they have what it takes?? Pay what Maryville pays George and see. In a few years they will be back. With 1200 boys, the numbers are in our favor. They can win and will. The kids at Jc are not fat, dumb, or lazy as others suggest. The program has taken positive steps in the past few years. Thanks to Coach Anderson for promoting this process. But for now, its time to take the next steps. We can all grumble over the decision, but this will get us nowhere. Now that the move has been made, Move forward. Make a big jump as too many student athletes are getting caught up in the mess.

Dude have you seen the up and coming classes? Have you seen the Middle school teams there IS NO SIZE OR ENOUGH SKILLED PLAYERS TO COMPETE IN 6a Ball not matter how you look at it or who is coaching. SORRY THE TRUTH HURTS