SP vs JB for the Gold

powerp

Talked to a few of our players today and this is what I gathered from what they said:

1. They respect the heck out of JB and know it will take a complete game to beat them.

2. The RB and QB for JB are great players

3. Our defense is going to have to step up and play great (which is possible)

4. They are ready to accept the challenge and task at hand and are hungry for gold.

So with that being said...if we can get just two stops I think we can win this game...but we have to get stops! We can not have 12-15 play drives from JB

Edited by powerp

A heads up to you Jo Byrn fans and players.

Last year, the South Pitt team and fans came into the championship game thinking Union City wasn't going to be much of a game. Over look their little pre-game show they do...if they still do. They want to intimadate your players as well as fans. Union City overlooked both and came away with a GOLD ball. Just run the ball up the middle all night 3 and 4 yrds at a time with a pass here and there and you should win. S P has a good program but said before their game last year no one was going to run over them...well...WE ( Union City ) did and ask them about #27. He set a record against S P with the most carries ever recorded by any one player....he had 47. Good luck to both...Jo Byrns..make the best of the trip and have a good time. Lots of fun..especially when you win. Oh, one other thing, after the Union City / S P Championship game...the team ( S P ) didn't even take time to undress...they hit the bus heading back south.

Thats probably because in SP if you win silver your season is considered a failure..thats just the type of reputation we have down here

More info for you J B folks....here is what happens when you run the ball right at S P....

Josh Nicks....47 carries....200 plus yards ( state CHAMPIONSHIP game record )set against S P.....this is a record that considers all 6 classes.

Union City also had two other T D's called back.

Point is....run, run and run more right down the middle. Get 3 to 4 yrds every carry and work the clock. Also, our coah out coached theirs. They ( the S P fans ) were wanting to fire the coach after the game also...you S P folks remember that ?

Edited by ucdiditagain

Folks....these posters on here from S P are the same folks that were on here last year running their mouths, and the first ones to get in their cars to head south after the game. They ( S P )...recruit their players from Georgia. Yes...you are at the state finals, yes we are playing basketball and NO...we ARE still the state champions for one more week.#1.we ARE still the state champions for one more week. Sorry dude. The old saying goes..there is always next year. #2.Not going to get on this post and start crap. Just warning the J B folks to be ready for trash talkin fans both on here and in the stands. We SHOWED yall what REAL smash mouth football was all about. I bet you even have a pic of our #27 and #23 in your locker room.

UCdidnotdoitagain,#1.Old Pirate says yous best check what the ingraving is on that Gold ball. It says 2009 state champs. The 2010 state champs have not yet been crowned, so no UC is "only" a past state champ....SP is 5 and counting.....#2. What is this mess all about... :roflol:

All I remember is UC being scared to kick to us last year...every durn kick..except for one that went 99 to the house btw went into the stands on purpose...Now we might kick like that on accident :roflolk: but they did it on purpose....How is JB special teams? I must say Travis has gotten better every year at punting the ball...Bad thing about this for all teams...after Friday for us and Saturday for everyone else...no more high school football :unsure: boy the year has flown by it seems...So..strap it up and make one last memory...At SP you become a legend if you win so get it done

if we can get just two stops I think we can win this game...but we have to get stops! We can not have 12-15 play drives from JB

Good luck with that. I have not seen SP play, but I witnessed JB first-hand last night. They will drive the ball and ram it down your throat. Scoring against them could be a problem too. I have heard a lot about the Hale kid, and I'm sure he is a great player, but I would be willing to bet that JB has the best D in 1A football in the state.

Also...S P was averaging 51 points a games last year ( 2009 ). Here are last years stats in the Championship Game and this is what your team can do also...

Time With ball...U C ( 32:18 ) S P ( 15:42 ) THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL BALL CONTROL !

Total Yrds Offenses .... U C ( 355 ) S P ( 312 )

Yards Rushing....U C ( 355 ) S P ( 101 )

First downs.....U C ( 23 ) S P ( 18 )

Turnovers....U C ( 1 ) S P ( 3 )

U C drives were 12 to 18 plays each time. Our two T D's that were called back were long runs. South Pitts is NOT that good.

Not only on the scoreboard....Union City won in ALL aspects of the game. Union City TOTALLY dominated!!!

I am just passing on a point of trueth that there are teams that can dominate your team. I am also trying to give all the info and preparing the J B folks on what can be done to win and what to expect at the game. Good Luck J B....Make your first trip one to remember .

Edited by ucdiditagain

Good luck with that. I have not seen SP play, but I witnessed JB first-hand last night. They will drive the ball and ram it down your throat. Scoring against them could be a problem too. I have heard a lot about the Hale kid, and I'm sure he is a great player, but I would be willing to bet that JB has the best D in 1A football in the state.

This should be all it takes. Good luck J B.

Also...S P was averaging 51 points a games last year ( 2009 ). Here are last years stats in the Championship Game and this is what your team can do also...

Time With ball...U C ( 32:18 ) S P ( 15:42 ) THAT IS WHAT YOU CALL BALL CONTROL !

Total Yrds Offenses .... U C ( 355 ) S P ( 312 )

Yards Rushing....U C ( 355 ) S P ( 101 )

First downs.....U C ( 23 ) S P ( 18 )

Turnovers....U C ( 1 ) S P ( 3 )

U C drives were 12 to 18 plays each time. Our two T D's that were called back were long runs. South Pitts is NOT that good.

Not only on the scoreboard....Union City won in ALL aspects of the game. Union City TOTALLY dominated!!!

I am just passing on a point of trueth that there are teams that can dominate your team. I am also trying to give all the info and preparing the J B folks on what can be done to win and what to expect at the game. Good Luck J B....Make your first trip one to remember .

UCdidnotdoitagain, where is you fellers at? Dribble...dribble...dribble... the 1 stat that is pertinate is the PIRATES ARE BACK................and competing........ again. OP jest knows you wannabe 2010 contenders is sick but looks like you should be worrying about gitting out of your region and leave these real contenders to worry about who is goin to be 2010 state champs cause it sure ain't UC. :roflol:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

You did notice it was a only a 2 point game and we missed a late field goal. We killed Moore County 49 to 14 and had less than 15 mins on offense. We score quick on everybody just like we did on ya'll. We were just 1 missed field goal from beating UC...remember that! That ain't domination...that's being lucky! And BTW UC is doing what this year?? Oh yeah playing basketball LOL. This is our 3rd trip to State in 4 years and our seniors are 49 - 6 over the last few years and 1-1 in State games. When you match that you can say you run with the big dogs. UC was just a one year wonder... 5-6 now and you wanna get on here and talk big...I love it!!!

Edited by zonepirate