SP vs JB for the Gold

powerp

south pittsburgh is going to win state. they will dominate jo byrns. thats all i have to say about that. DISTRICT 6 is hungry for 2 STATE CHAMPIONS :hungry:

every one has said in the playoffs they would kill JB me included but now i am a believer i think i may become a lifetime red devil fan with my other high school teams. i think south pitt isnt as good as past years. i think i may be able to come to the game i usually dont work on Friday. Red Devils will control the game with a heavy dose of number 1 and the counter speed of number 34. no spread for this game go red devils.

Murphy jumped off the JB wagon and jumped on the PC wagon Tuesday night on the prep weekly show that airs on 104.5 The Zone. Also after the WC game, JB was declared a "very beatable team" by Chad on that show. Murphy said PC would probably win it all.

And the reporter from the zone got his feelings :D hurt on the sidelines. That's why all the dreary forecast from them.

And the reporter from the zone got his feelings :D hurt on the sidelines. That's why all the dreary forecast from them.

Murphy Fair is truly an idiot, if he had seen Jo Byrns play before and didn't pick them to win it all. Jo Byrns has got all the pieces that you want in a football team. Best rushing attack I've seen this year, with a stable of backs. The Adkins boy at Qb should be mentioned with Rice and Tucker. Also, on defense they straight get after it.

Congrats to both teams for making it this far. It is a huge success win or lose next week! The argument that because South Pitt lost last year so they wont lose this year is absurd. Last year has no effect on this year and if you want to make that argument then so could Jo Byrns as they lost in state two years ago. Both teams will be equally hungry so any arguments or board material trying to get the teams pumped up is a waste. In fact i hope JB can calm down the nerves and focus on executing and not so much on screaming and etc. Two years ago many coaches felt like the kids got to hyped before the game and used to much energy doing it.

As for the X's and O's, over the last few weeks i have seen our opposition on film so i had an idea of what to expect, but i have not seen any film yet. I did watch them last year and I think that they do a great job of spreading the field trying to get the defense in looks they like. However I do think the type of offense South Pitt runs benefits JB. JB is a smaller quick defense and I think thats what helped them prevail over the wayne co and PC type offenses. In the past JB has struggled with the power running games. I am sure South Pitt tries this some, but it is not what they do so to say. JB's quickness will help with containing all the weapons SP contains, however contain is the key word. There will be no shutting down for either team in this game. As for JO Byrns offense, i couldnt be more clueless. I do know that people have been under the misconception that Jo Byrns will simply line up and run it straight. This is not true and they will mix it up and keep south pitt guessing just enough to keep SP from stacking the line.

My prediction is that both teams will move the ball around, but JB will do what they do and that is not turn the ball over and create turnovers and that will be the difference in the game. JB 28-20

Murphy Fair is truly an idiot, if he had seen Jo Byrns play before and didn't pick them to win it all. Jo Byrns has got all the pieces that you want in a football team. Best rushing attack I've seen this year, with a stable of backs. The Adkins boy at Qb should be mentioned with Rice and Tucker. Also, on defense they straight get after it.

we need to write a pre season book all murphy does is look at what espn says about big time prospects most that crap is what the coaches have wrote about their teams. But i have seen adkins play last 2 weeks he dosnt look all that great to me. As my dad pointed out he tips which way JB is going to run the ball and i was like yep if any coach would pick up on it not many smart ones at the single a level.

Their defense was what I was impressed with the most. They seemed to be everywhere and had every possible receiver covered.

Thats right I forgot all about 08...thats cause TC beat us in that 12 degree weather:twisted: You never know what kind of defense is going to show up from SP...one week they look great and the next your like where did they go...Should be a interesting game...sounds like both teams have playmakers...someone from SP would know but I believe if we win this game and seal the deal our seniors will be the number one overall for wins in a career beating the 1999 state teams seniors

i was actually at that game....i have NEVER been that cold ever. we were like 'why is it SO freakin cold' then we left and walked by and bank at the bank said like 4 degrees.

A heads up to you Jo Byrn fans and players.

Last year, the South Pitt team and fans came into the championship game thinking Union City wasn't going to be much of a game. Over look their little pre-game show they do...if they still do. They want to intimadate your players as well as fans. Union City overlooked both and came away with a GOLD ball. Just run the ball up the middle all night 3 and 4 yrds at a time with a pass here and there and you should win. S P has a good program but said before their game last year no one was going to run over them...well...WE ( Union City ) did and ask them about #27. He set a record against S P with the most carries ever recorded by any one player....he had 47. Good luck to both...Jo Byrns..make the best of the trip and have a good time. Lots of fun..especially when you win. Oh, one other thing, after the Union City / S P Championship game...the team ( S P ) didn't even take time to undress...they hit the bus heading back south.

Last year, the South Pitt team and fans came into the championship game thinking Union City wasn't going to be much of a game. Over look their little pre-game show they do...if they still do. They want to intimadate your players as well as fans. Union City overlooked both and came away with a GOLD ball. Just run the ball up the middle all night 3 and 4 yrds at a time with a pass here and there and you should win. S P has a good program but said before their game last year no one was going to run over them...well...WE ( Union City ) did and ask them about #27. He set a record against S P with the most carries ever recorded by any one player....he had 47. Good luck to both...Jo Byrns..make the best of the trip and have a good time. Lots of fun..especially when you win. Oh, one other thing, after the Union City / S P Championship game...the team ( S P ) didn't even take time to undress...they hit the bus heading back south.

Do you have an exchange student field goal kicker we can borrow? That was the real difference in the game. You guys have been crowing for a year about the beat down y'all gave us and it still came down to a 2 pt win via a fg with 6 seconds to go. The fact is your defense couldn't stop us unless we did it for you. We were scoring too quick in that game. Plus, for some idiotic reason we kicked (missed) a fg on 4th and short in the 1st half when we hit about 60% of our P.A.T. Regardless, that was a game that was going to be won by the team that had the ball last and unfortunately, it was Onion City in that game.

Edit: Don't you have a basketball to go to? :roflol:

Edited by rlh

Thanks ucdiditagain. I remeber it all. SP was vey confident going in. Yall did exactly what you said and shocked a lot of folks. I don't know what kind of show they put on but if they try to intimidate JB it ain't gonna happen. Were not intimidated at all nor are we skeered. We our locked in on our mission at hand we will get it done. We do have the utmost respect for SP and their program. They have earned it.

Edited by reddevil44

Thanks ucdiditagain. I remeber it all. SP was vey confident going in. Yall did exactly what you said and shocked a lot of folks. I don't know what kind of show they put on but if they try to intimidate JB it ain't gonna happen. Were not intimidated at all nor are we skeered. We our locked in on our mission at hand we will get it done. We do have the utmost respect for SP and their program. They have earned it.

I wouldn't listen to too many idiots about S.P. S.P. just does what they do. If the other teams have an inferiority complex of some sort, it isn't our problem.