SP vs JB for the Gold

powerp

Well folks here we go, this game has been in the backs of our minds all year and as fans of both teams we sorta felt this game would happen. JB will come in as the underdog but friends don't be fooled, this will be no mercy rule game for either team and we all know it, the 2 best in 1A square off and I'm certainly looking foward to this anticipated matchup between 2 awsome ball teams, folks let's talk it up this week but have respect for each other and may we all enjoy the final week of watching our boys of fall,

Them thar DEVILS are a coming !

I actually think JB is the favorite in this game in my opinion

Thats right I forgot all about 08...thats cause TC beat us in that 12 degree weather:twisted: You never know what kind of defense is going to show up from SP...one week they look great and the next your like where did they go...Should be a interesting game...sounds like both teams have playmakers...someone from SP would know but I believe if we win this game and seal the deal our seniors will be the number one overall for wins in a career beating the 1999 state teams seniors

Already are the top class with 49-6 in 4 years. Friday would make it 50 wins. Wouldn't that be sweet!!

Polk County is better than any defense Sp or JB has seen all year..In fact I think JB has had a weak schedule and the two teams that beat SP would beat every team on JB schedule by at least 2-3 td's...Mark it down the pirates will not be denied...South Pittsburg 2010 State 1a Champions...back to where it belongs I might add

Powerp whats this mess all about? I garuntee you that game we played last night was not the state championship game. I have been reading this morning in my Murphy Fair book about these Joe Byrns boys and they are real good. It will be hard for Grider to beat these boys. They have some good runners. If their blockers can knock a hole in our line, they will score alot on us. You think im joking but im not. You should read in Murphy Fair about these Joe Byrns boys.

Powerp whats this mess all about? I garuntee you that game we played last night was not the state championship game. I have been reading this morning in my Murphy Fair book about these Joe Byrns boys and they are real good. It will be hard for Grider to beat these boys. They have some good runners. If their blockers can knock a hole in our line, they will score alot on us. You think im joking but im not. You should read in Murphy Fair about these Joe Byrns boys.

YOU TELLEM ROY :unsure::thumb:

I told you SP folks earlier in the week that whoever won the PC/JB game would win it all. Well, JB spanked our butts tonight, and I think you are gonna have your hands full next week. My prediction still holds, the winner of our game wins it all. JB all the way!

Really? You think because the ViQueens got spanked it has some bearing on the Pirates? That was rhetorical. We know that JB is going to be a game. I'm hopping everyone in the State writes the Pirates off and prints it in BIG LETTERS on the Front Page of every paper and broadcasts it on every news channel all week long. :thumb:

Should be a great game. Speed vs Power. South Pitt likes to get outside with there speed and Jo Byrns likes to go right at you. But they both have one thing in common and that is running the ball and both teams do it very well. South Pitt had a tougher regular season schedule which I think helps out but I do believe Jo Byrns has had the tougher route in the playoffs. I think this will be a very close game. I think South Pitt is the better team. However, the best team does not always win. Jo Byrns must continue to force turnovers which has helped them out a whole lot in there playoff run. Can not wait to see this one. Both teams have had fantastic teams the past 6 or 7 years and glad to finally see this match up.

We like to get on the edge but we run a lot of traps, counters and zone in the inside. Don't be fooled by our speed.. we have a strong inside game to go with the outside and passing

ZonePirate you are right. They are also #1 in Murphy's Pole. You think im joking but im not.

Murphy jumped off the JB wagon and jumped on the PC wagon Tuesday night on the prep weekly show that airs on 104.5 The Zone. Also after the WC game, JB was declared a "very beatable team" by Chad on that show. Murphy said PC would probably win it all.

We like to get on the edge but we run a lot of traps, counters and zone in the inside. Don't be fooled by our speed.. we have a strong inside game to go with the outside and passing

zonepirate, don't tell those Joe Byrns people our plays. If they know what we are going to run, it will be real hard to beat Joe Byrns. You think im joking but im not.

Everybody thought the same thing in 1986....that team was more talented than the one going to Cookeville Friday so it could happen. They just need to buckle it up and play hard and let the chips fall where they may.

Are you saying that we are going to have to beat the refs too? And get another statement from Ronnie Carter (actually his successor? Is J.B. politicking for a car factory?