6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

He are some numbers to consider...

Maryville's regular season schedule had 3 6A teams that made the playoffs, Smyrna had 4 opponents make the playoffs. Look what happened during the last 4 weeks.

Week 1

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......3

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......4

Week 2

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......3

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......2

Week 3

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......2

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......2

Week 4

Maryville opponents in playoffs.......1

Smyrna opponents in the playoffs......0

Maryville had to put all three teams from our schedule (Farragut, Bearden, and Oak Ridge) out in the playoffs. Any of these three teams could be playing in Cookeville this weekend, if it was not for Maryville.

If I were a betting man, I would bet on the Rebels.

Sorry i just couldn't pass this one up. 7-3, 6-4, 6-4, and 6-4 could have been playing in cookeville this weekend. I will give you Bearden. But please think before you type. Why not say 3-7 coffee county could have made it also. Or better yet anyone could have made it to cookeville. That makes about about as much sense. Truth is there are only a handfull of teams each year that actually have a shot at making it to the title game. No need to pump up East TN. The two teams playing this weekend are the the two best remaining in 6A. No upset in the semi-finals. Now we will find out who the best is in the state.

Edited by milo118

Sorry i just couldn't pass this one up. 7-3, 6-4, 6-4, and 6-4 could have been playing in cookeville this weekend. I will give you Bearden. But please think before you type. Why not say 3-7 coffee county could have made it also. Or better yet anyone could have made it to cookeville. That makes about about as much sense. Truth is there are only a handfull of teams each year that actually have a shot at making it to the title game. No need to pump up East TN. The two teams playing this weekend are the the two best remaining in 6A. No upset in the semi-finals. Now we will find out who the best is in the state.

That is so correct. The east bracket had 7 teams that won 7 or more games during the season. The west bracket

had 13 teams that won 7 or more wins during the regular season. I know you maryville guys hate it when i bring up stats. hey you guys should be the favorite to win saturday since you have been able to rest your starters throughout the playsoffs while Smyrna has been beaten up by two dist champs and the best back in the state (most folks say Mathers is the best back in the state, but, i gotta give props to Bryson. this guy is an iron man who plays through pain and never gives up !)

Edited by AmericanBullDog

Here is the real deal. You can throw strength of schedules, opponents, records, and stats out with this game. This is a real state championship final. Dawgs we need to have the best week of practice. Focus. This game will be nothing like the 07' game against Independence. That game was won before the buses left the school. We will have to play error free and with discipline. These are the two best teams in 6A. No one can argue that. Can Smyrna beat Maryville? Absolutely!!!!! No question. But don't be caught staring at the gold ball. It is not yours......yet. You still have to go out and earn it. And you best be or your A game. It sounds like a lot of Maryville fans think this is in the bag based on some past titles. Again that means nothing. We care about your past history as much as you care about ours. This game will be epic. So everyone needs to stop with the "your schedule was soft and four teams from the East could have made to cookeville" stuff. Maryville is real good. We got it. So is Smyrna. Bottom line is Smyrna and Maryville are the only two remaining. And for good reason. See yall in Cookeville. Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by milo118

It sounds like a lot of Maryville fans think this is in the bag based on some past titles. Again that means nothing. We care about your past history as much as you care about ours.

You guys are just making stuff up to argue , sure there have been some Maryville fans predicting we'll win , but you guys are the ones sounding all cocky . It sounds like you guys are trying really hard to convince yourselves more than us that you can win . I'm glad for this Matchup , Maryville is usually treated with more respect , but this is the road you guys are choosing , good luck with that . No one from Maryville thinks anything is in the bag , believe me .

You guys are just making stuff up to argue , sure there have been some Maryville fans predicting we'll win , but you guys are the ones sounding all cocky . It sounds like you guys are trying really hard to convince yourselves more than us that you can win . I'm glad for this Matchup , Maryville is usually treated with more respect , but this is the road you guys are choosing , good luck with that . No one from Maryville thinks anything is in the bag , believe me .

Go Rebels; bring back the gold ball to East Tennessee. This Alcoa faithful will be pulling for you all!!!

You speak the truth my friend...I couldn't have said it better myself! thumb[1].gif

Its funny how just one line gets quoted. Read the entire post. Also check out the whitehaven/smyrna thread. I believe you will find several comments on how we are no match for Maryville. Again that was on the Smyrna/Whitehaven thread. Believe me when i say the real Smyrna fans understand that this is going to be a battle to the end. But just like some of your fans, we will have a few get on here and try to push buttons. Now back to football. I have not seen Maryville play this year. But i have heard your passing game is better than your run game. Also you guys run the spread. Any truth to this? Just a Bulldog fan wanting to know.

Americanbulldog...you are just fuel to the fire. belive me when i say the maryville boys read this stuff. it gets them fired up. Just ask your "power house" riverdale. I hope you all have some cute decorations like they did. i bet they just feel its an honor to play against the 2nd best county in the country hahaha. by the way, rankings dont mean crap. we were 3rd in the nation three years ago. yall are trying to brag about being 68th HA!

Edited by Bigpoppa92

Its funny how just one line gets quoted. Read the entire post. Also check out the whitehaven/smyrna thread. I believe you will find several comments on how we are no match for Maryville. Again that was on the Smyrna/Whitehaven thread. Believe me when i say the real Smyrna fans understand that this is going to be a battle to the end. But just like some of your fans, we will have a few get on here and try to push buttons. Now back to football. I have not seen Maryville play this year. But i have heard your passing game is better than your run game. Also you guys run the spread. Any truth to this? Just a Bulldog fan wanting to know.

Do me a favor , next time you see a Maryville fan saying you are no match for Maryville , please quote it .... I've looked back and I still can not find one quote , let alone this " several comments " you keep referring to of Maryville fans saying Smyrna is no match for Maryville .

Maryville can run or pass , they take whatever the defense gives them . They make the defense cover the entire field .

Americanbulldog...you are just fuel to the fire. belive me when i say the maryville boys read this stuff. it gets them fired up. Just ask your "power house" riverdale. I hope you all have some cute decorations like they did. i bet they just feel its an honor to play against the 2nd best county in the country hahaha. by the way, rankings dont mean crap. we were 3rd in the nation three years ago. yall are trying to brag about being 68th HA!

Their kids read this too ... Let's let them do all the talking they want ... I'm actually loving this !! lol :roflol: