6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

Everyone please ignore the childish and immature posting's from some of the people who are here just to start trouble. Ignore them ! and let's big boy's continue to discuss the game...!

I think the field conditions are going to really elevate smyrna's running game even higher than it has been...!

Smyrna 28

maryville 10

I agree after looking at the rosters I think Bryson is going to have one heck of a game!!!!

GO DAWGS I would say

Smyrna 24

Maryville 17

- I have read on and on about the tough schedule of Smyrna and weak schedule of Maryville (SEC vs WAC ?). I looked at the regular season schedule and noted this:

- Smyrna beat two teams with playoff wins - (Blackman 2 wins and Riverdale 2 wins) for a total of 4 wins.

- Maryville beat 5 teams with playoff wins - (West 3 wins, Oak Ridge 3 wins, Bearden 2 wins, Knox Catholic 1 win, and Farragut 1 win) for a total of 10 wins.

- Someone explain how Smyrna schedule = SEC and Maryville schedule = WAC? Does this mean anything towards the outcome of the game, not really. Just found the facts odd.

- I'm not from Maryville, but from ET with friends from Smyrna's championship teams. No dog in fight, but would have to say Smyrna is the favorite this year and will pick them to win. Since Matyville has 8 starters returning on both offense and defense I will pick them to be back next year(and next, ect..). Smyrna I pick not to be back next year.

all yall keep underestimating the rebs which we might have had the worst team since 200 which won the state by the way we were there and have been for 7 staright years so won 5 championships i gurantee our coaching staff has the experience and know what there doing to slow down symrna and also just let the game be played we wil just see what happens go rebs shut everybody up that thinks we cant play with the middle TN and West TN teams which we have had to play in the state every year that we have won just shut these dumb people up bout this dumb topic

Look my friend I am not here to start any trouble. You have to realize though that the underestimation goes both ways. People saying Smyrna has one or two players or well Maryville has seen it all like Smyrna hasn't. And the 7AAA thing to me just means it is deep from top to bottom. Not always that the winner is going to come from 7AAA every single year hands down. Thats obviously not going to happen-Unless your the SEC. Some may be underestimating Maryville but not me. The Maryville team I saw with Tyler Maples was very very good and you may have to be that good to win Saturday. Your coach is probably the best coach in the state I get that but, its not like Smyrna hasn't played against elite coaches all year. Phillip Shadowens-Blackman has two championship rings, Oaklands coach won state 2 years ago, Mt.Juliet's coach won one with Portland I believe, Aydelott won one with I want to say Hillsboro,Crawford I believe is his name from Brentwood has won at least one, Beech won one last year. So its not like were not used to adapting to gameplans as well. Now I understand none of those coaches have sustained a team for that many years but its awful hard to win state without a good coach.

Edited by prince0290

Everyone please ignore the childish and immature posting's from some of the people who are here just to start trouble. Ignore them ! and let's big boy's continue to discuss the game...!

I think the field conditions are going to really elevate smyrna's running game even higher than it has been...!

Smyrna 28

maryville 10

I think it's funny how you been on two different threads talking reckless like I said you are an idiot :thumb:

all yall keep underestimating the rebs which we might have had the worst team since 200 which won the state by the way we were there and have been for 7 staright years so won 5 championships i gurantee our coaching staff has the experience and know what there doing to slow down symrna and also just let the game be played we wil just see what happens go rebs shut everybody up that thinks we cant play with the middle TN and West TN teams which we have had to play in the state every year that we have won just shut these dumb people up bout this dumb topic

Look my friend I am not here to start any trouble. You have to realize though that the underestimation goes both ways. People saying Smyrna has one or two players or well Maryville has seen it all like Smyrna hasn't. And the 7AAA thing to me just means it is deep from top to bottom. Not always that the winner is going to come from 7AAA every single year hands down. Thats obviously not going to happen-Unless your the SEC. Some may be underestimating Maryville but not me. The Maryville team I saw with Tyler Maples was very very good and you may have to be that good to win Saturday. Your coach is probably the best coach in the state I get that but, its not like Smyrna hasn't played against elite coaches all year. Phillip Shadowens-Blackman has two championship rings, Oaklands coach won state 2 years ago, Mt.Juliet's coach won one with Portland I believe, Aydelott won one with I want to say Hillsboro,Crawford I believe is his name from Brentwood has won at least one, Beech won one last year. So its not like were not used to adapting to gameplans as well. Now I understand none of those coaches have sustained a team for that many years but its awful hard to win state without a good coach.

None of this stuff really matters. Anything could happen Saturday night and it probably will. Good luck to both teams. GO REBELS!!!!!!

- I have read on and on about the tough schedule of Smyrna and weak schedule of Maryville (SEC vs WAC ?). I looked at the regular season schedule and noted this:

- Smyrna beat two teams with playoff wins - (Blackman 2 wins and Riverdale 2 wins) for a total of 4 wins.

- Maryville beat 5 teams with playoff wins - (West 3 wins, Oak Ridge 3 wins, Bearden 2 wins, Knox Catholic 1 win, and Farragut 1 win) for a total of 10 wins.

- Someone explain how Smyrna schedule = SEC and Maryville schedule = WAC? Does this mean anything towards the outcome of the game, not really. Just found the facts odd.

- I'm not from Maryville, but from ET with friends from Smyrna's championship teams. No dog in fight, but would have to say Smyrna is the favorite this year and will pick them to win. Since Matyville has 8 starters returning on both offense and defense I will pick them to be back next year(and next, ect..). Smyrna I pick not to be back next year.

Smyrna is losing about 30 seniors (some starters some not ) so i agree it will be hard for them to get back next yr,but, i dont totally count them out. i think, and this is my personal opinion which i think i am allowed to have ,the reason people bring up the maryville's so called "soft" schedule is that a soft schedule will get you to the dance .when you get there yr opponent can expose you. which is evident with the past two years championship loses. this is not talking bad about maryville as a team (they have a good chance to win saturday) this is just talking about their schedule.

None of this stuff really matters. Anything could happen Saturday night and it probably will. Good luck to both teams. GO REBELS!!!!!!

But yall going to the state championship every year does? And how yall were one tackle away from beating Alcoa that Ive heard a detailed re-enactment of about 4000 times this week from Maryville fans? All that matters?

Edited by prince0290