3A Championship Alcoa v. Goodpasture

Some people just don't belong...-Judge Smails  

125 members have voted

1. 1. The winner is....

• Champions (Alcoa)
    • Country Club (Goodpasture)
    • Just don't care....OR Hope Alcoa loses, but don't really like Goodpasture either.

Just be careful and don't live to much in the past. If Scots50 say the Cougar's have a great team...........believe him! ;)

My brother in law lives in nashville area I was there the weekend goodpasture played lipscomb,he is not much of a football fan,but I wanted to go since Alcoa had played them both in the past,and I love any kind of football.If they are anything like that night we will win.Neither team comes close to Alcoa.I understand teams improve and could of had a bad night,I was just saying it was the same old goodpasture.They run that same type offense.That is all I was saying.Now Alcoa still needs to practice hard and play hard and not go in thinking its going to be a cake walk,and I believe Rankin will have that all in order.Will be in cookeville for the weekend.

My brother in law lives in nashville area I was there the weekend goodpasture played lipscomb,he is not much of a football fan,but I wanted to go since Alcoa had played them both in the past,and I love any kind of football.If they are anything like that night we will win.Neither team comes close to Alcoa.I understand teams improve and could of had a bad night,I was just saying it was the same old goodpasture.They run that same type offense.That is all I was saying.Now Alcoa still needs to practice hard and play hard and not go in thinking its going to be a cake walk,and I believe Rankin will have that all in order.Will be in cookeville for the weekend.

Yea, I was looking at the GP/lipscomb stats.......It does look like DL had a good game plan for the Cougars.

Stupid?.........The personal fouls?

Yup....well one in particular. Right before the blocked punt. Alcoa would have had 4th and very short (I think it was under 2 yards) Goodpasture, at the time, was a team where if you got up on them their defense pretty much laid down. They hadnt stopped Alcoa from moving the ball the whole 2nd half and their offense had done nothing either. Of course Alcoa gets and Unsportsmanlike 15yarder and it becomes 4th and 17 deep in your own territory and the punt team gives up the block. No question in my mind you dont get that 15yd penalty Alcoa has one more Gold ball in their trophy case. Thats one reason people always say Coach Meadows lack of discipline cost Alcoa a State Championship. I personally think it was more lack of leadership. While the Class of '01 was small on the football team, you cant measure the leadership those guys had.

Yup....well one in particular. Right before the blocked punt. Alcoa would have had 4th and very short (I think it was under 2 yards) Goodpasture, at the time, was a team where if you got up on them their defense pretty much laid down. They hadnt stopped Alcoa from moving the ball the whole 2nd half and their offense had done nothing either. Of course Alcoa gets and Unsportsmanlike 15yarder and it becomes 4th and 17 deep in your own territory and the punt team gives up the block. No question in my mind you dont get that 15yd penalty Alcoa has one more Gold ball in their trophy case. Thats one reason people always say Coach Meadows lack of discipline cost Alcoa a State Championship. I personally think it was more lack of leadership. While the Class of '01 was small on the football team, you cant measure the leadership those guys had.

I'd say both, lack of discipline and on the field leadership cost that team a gold ball. Didn't one of the Alcoa players throw his helmet across the field and into the sideline fence?

I'd say both, lack of discipline and on the field leadership cost that team a gold ball. Didn't one of the Alcoa players throw his helmet across the field and into the sideline fence?

Not that I recall. I doubt it was from the field because that would have been a penalty. Possibly on the sidelines though. Im sure there was a lot of frustration that night with those boys