Greenback

tnsmokediver

At the Battle of Morristown, I was informed that Greenback had rolled the mat up on their wrestling team and shut down the program. Is there any truth to this or just a bad dream?

Well, it looks like Greenback is on several Knox-area schedules this season, and that they have weighed 8 wrestlers...I hope this isn't true, that would be terrible!

Who exactly told you this??

HERE IS A NOTE I GOT FROM THE NEW GREENBACK COACH:

Coaches,

My name is David Newvine and I am the new interim Head Coach for Greenback School. We are trying to put together our schedule, as the previous coach did not leave us one. I'm not sure if he even had anything scheduled.

If you have Greenback on your schedule for a dual meet, or have room in a tournament please email me ASAP with the details. Our priority is to our region 3 A-AA teams in terms of duals. We can fill in after getting them on the schedule.

Thanks for the help,

David Newvine

newvined@loudoncounty.org

Life Science/Biology Teacher

Greenback Schools

President Loudon County PET

HERE IS A NOTE I GOT FROM THE NEW GREENBACK COACH:

Coaches,

My name is David Newvine and I am the new interim Head Coach for Greenback School. We are trying to put together our schedule, as the previous coach did not leave us one. I'm not sure if he even had anything scheduled.

If you have Greenback on your schedule for a dual meet, or have room in a tournament please email me ASAP with the details. Our priority is to our region 3 A-AA teams in terms of duals. We can fill in after getting them on the schedule.

Thanks for the help,

David Newvine

newvined@loudoncounty.org

Life Science/Biology Teacher

Greenback Schools

President Loudon County PET

Where did that lil short guy that was coaching Greenback go?

Had seen him with the Miller boys up @ MTSU, one of my kid's friends said he had once been on the

US Olympic team and was Miller's personal Coach

Hate to see the fall of The nation

Where did that lil short guy that was coaching Greenback go?

Had seen him with the Miller boys up @ MTSU, one of my kid's friends said he had once been on the

US Olympic team and was Miller's personal Coach

Hate to see the fall of The nation

I can assure you that the The Nation hasn't fallen! They will still be strong and I for one appreciate Coach Newvine stepping up to take over so the program would fall.

As for the "personal coach" mentioned...let's just say "money talks". :thumb:

Would the "short guy" that was working with Greenback & the Miller brothers be Dr. Rich Salamone? He would have wrestled in New York for high school and then on the college level at Bucknell. If it is Rich he competed at 105 for the US in several international competitions.

Would the "short guy" that was working with Greenback & the Miller brothers be Dr. Rich Salamone? He would have wrestled in New York for high school and then on the college level at Bucknell. If it is Rich he competed at 105 for the US in several international competitions.

No that is not the person who woked with the Millers and Greenback. He did win a Pan American gold Medal.