Centennial,Ravenwood or Summit?

hardtackle

I only saw the ones on the field,so those are who I am talking about. As for the kids you say can play that are in the halls,I have never known any kid not play that is a real player. I guess we will know if the new coach can get them out. Once again ,I have never known a good player not play because if he could he would regardless of the coach or anything else.

So the Centennial kids were lesser players than the other teams they played? For some strange circumstance, only sub par football players are at Centennial and none of those players would start at any of the programs they played? Hogwash

Lots of teams have made lots of excuses that keep them at 1-9 and 2-8. Coaching gets kids from the halls and into the weightroom, and then the lockerroom, and then out on the grass where coaching develops talent. And then on the special years when you have some special play makers or a particularly special group, you get to play in the big game.

From what I have been told, there were some very good possibly average players with lots of heart that shoujld have been playing at CHS but did not because they were tired of seeing guys that worked half a much and even showed up only when they felt like it getting to start on Friday nights. That kind of crap is a cancer and program killer every time.

Only a defeated excuse maker that doesnt understand the process of developing a program or a team blame the lack of success on players. Motivate the team, work the halls, develop individual players, grow the fighting- winning mentality, build a program from the freshman team on up, and see what happens. From all I have heard, CHS should have been at least a 4-5 win team. Is that great? no. Is that a beginning, yes. Is 1-9 and 2-8 acceptable? Of course not.

So the Centennial kids were lesser players than the other teams they played? For some strange circumstance, only sub par football players are at Centennial and none of those players would start at any of the programs they played? Hogwash

Lots of teams have made lots of excuses that keep them at 1-9 and 2-8. Coaching gets kids from the halls and into the weightroom, and then the lockerroom, and then out on the grass where coaching develops talent. And then on the special years when you have some special play makers or a particularly special group, you get to play in the big game.

From what I have been told, there were some very good possibly average players with lots of heart that shoujld have been playing at CHS but did not because they were tired of seeing guys that worked half a much and even showed up only when they felt like it getting to start on Friday nights. That kind of crap is a cancer and program killer every time.

Only a defeated excuse maker that doesnt understand the process of developing a program or a team blame the lack of success on players. Motivate the team, work the halls, develop individual players, grow the fighting- winning mentality, build a program from the freshman team on up, and see what happens. From all I have heard, CHS should have been at least a 4-5 win team. Is that great? no. Is that a beginning, yes. Is 1-9 and 2-8 acceptable? Of course not.

Only time will tell who is full of it,but I will go on record right now that we will be having this same conversation in five years. That will be plenty of time. Isn't it interesting that teams that do well have players go on to play college ball. The years Centennial were good they had players go to college and play.They do not have one player that has the talent to play college ball next year.

Edited by powercat

Only time will tell who is full of it,but I will go on record right now that we will be having this same conversation in five years. That will be plenty of time.

With "fans" like you, who needs enemies? You might want to change your coacht name. It is obvious what you are full of, and it is not support for the program that your name says you are behind.

I have heard a few times that some of the Centennial parents and so called supporters are the root of many of their problems. You just confirmed that. Cowardly on board terrorists that arm chair coach and take cheap shots instead of helping change the mindset about a program are pretty pathetic.

Centennial is in a unique situation for an entirely new future. That is why I am jumping on their band wagon and I will support them and be the most positive supporter I can. Mealy mouthed sold out "supporters" like you do a disservice to the program and the young men that are part of it.

Only time will tell who is full of it,but I will go on record right now that we will be having this same conversation in five years. That will be plenty of time. Isn't it interesting that teams that do well have players go on to play college ball. The years Centennial were good they had players go to college and play.They do not have one player that has the talent to play college ball next year.

Cant you get all your thoughts into a post without having to go back and edit it?

Thats not interesting, thats football. Good coaches win consistently by developing players. Then on the years when special players come along, you get a shot at winning the big game. I already stated that. Pay attention.

With "fans" like you, who needs enemies? You might want to change your coacht name. It is obvious what you are full of, and it is not support for the program that your name says you are behind.

I have heard a few times that some of the Centennial parents and so called supporters are the root of many of their problems. You just confirmed that. Cowardly on board terrorists that arm chair coach and take cheap shots instead of helping change the mindset about a program are pretty pathetic.

Centennial is in a unique situation for an entirely new future. That is why I am jumping on their band wagon and I will support them and be the most positive supporter I can. Mealy mouthed sold out "supporters" like you do a disservice to the program and the young men that are part of it.

Just my opinion,just stating what I see to be the problem and that is not much talent. As I said only time will tell and I will be there cheering them on.I just do not think coaching is the problem,but now we will see. I am not arm chair coaching any more that you and I do want them to be winners.I have always stood behind the coach and not made him the blame for any lack of success. He was the coach when they won 8 games and beat Gallatin in the playoffs and now he can't coach?, does not make sense. As for being negative ,the only thing I am negative about is you and your thoughts about this football program.I thought a true fan stood behind the coach and supported him and did everything possible to let him coach the team.

Just my opinion,just stating what I see to be the problem and that is not much talent. As I said only time will tell and I will be there cheering them on.I just do not think coaching is the problem,but now we will see. I am not arm chair coaching any more that you and I do want them to be winners.I have always stood behind the coach and not made him the blame for any lack of success. He was the coach when they won 8 games and beat Gallatin in the playoffs and now he can't coach?, does not make sense. As for being negative ,the only thing I am negative about is you and your thoughts about this football program.I thought a true fan stood behind the coach and supported him and did everything possible to let him coach the team.

I only relayed what I have been told and how it is apparent that changes had to happen. Thats not standing one way or the other. But since high school sports is for STUDENTS, I will side them if it comes to making a choice. If the coach cant be held responsible for the success or lack of success for his program, what in the world is he for? If you cant develop one player out of 40 to 80 kids that are on the team, you dont need to be coaching. And you are saying there is not one player that was developed to the point of possibliy playing in college. That definitely calls for a coaching change, and you just made the perfect argument for it. By all means, stand behind the man, but stand behind the program and what is best for the young men that participate.

I think you might be a little more satisfied if you go "support" rec league ball somewhere. Your philosophy matches that level much better. Franklin Cowboys maybe?

I only relayed what I have been told and how it is apparent that changes had to happen. Thats not standing one way or the other. But since high school sports is for STUDENTS, I will side them if it comes to making a choice. If the coach cant be held responsible for the success or lack of success for his program, what in the world is he for? If you cant develop one player out of 40 to 80 kids that are on the team, you dont need to be coaching. And you are saying there is not one player that was developed to the point of possibliy playing in college. That definitely calls for a coaching change, and you just made the perfect argument for it. By all means, stand behind the man, but stand behind the program and what is best for the young men that participate.

I think you might be a little more satisfied if you go "support" rec league ball somewhere. Your philosophy matches that level much better. Franklin Cowboys maybe?

Your last comment is totally classless. I will say I know many good coaches both high school and college who have coached many years and won many games yet had one player who went on to the next level. Edited by powercat

Your last comment is totally classless. I will say I know many good coaches both high school and college who have coached many years and won many games yet had one player who went on to the next level.

Classless? Really? Blaming kids is classless my friend. Thats rec league. I'm not sure if I am compelled to apologize if the truth hurts. Actually, I am sure I am not. If you cant take it, thats even more reason to go support the rec leagues. You cant handle it at a higher level.

Classless? Really? Blaming kids is classless my friend. Thats rec league. I'm not sure if I am compelled to apologize if the truth hurts. Actually, I am sure I am not. If you cant take it, thats even more reason to go support the rec leagues. You cant handle it at a higher level.

I am not blaming anybody.I am just saying the players at Centennial are not as good as some of their opponents. I will continue to support them and hope they win. I am not blaming the coaches,the players ,or administration. I am just calling it what it is. Anyone that coaches football in Williamson County will tell you Centennial does not have the talent as other schools. It is just what it is.