Centennial,Ravenwood or Summit?

hardtackle

Whoever the candidates are, they might want to ask some tough questions. There are internal issues concerning the offseason weights and conditioning program, funding, etc. The principal definitely wants to make improvements across the board but there are others involved with decision-making who may not be qualified or experienced enough to contribute on that front.

From the stands, the most distressing thing to witness last season was the fact that the team quit and laid down during the second half of the season... the stretch of the schedule that they could actually win some games and make the playoffs. Even the 1-9 team two years ago played hard to the very end. It would appear to be an uphill battle.

Good luck to Centennial and the rest of the county's schools in finding new head coaches.

Whoever the candidates are, they might want to ask some tough questions. There are internal issues concerning the offseason weights and conditioning program, funding, etc. The principal definitely wants to make improvements across the board but there are others involved with decision-making who may not be qualified or experienced enough to contribute on that front.

From the stands, the most distressing thing to witness last season was the fact that the team quit and laid down during the second half of the season... the stretch of the schedule that they could actually win some games and make the playoffs. Even the 1-9 team two years ago played hard to the very end. It would appear to be an uphill battle.

Good luck to Centennial and the rest of the county's schools in finding new head coaches.

Who is making the decision? I assumed the principal was. With his background and pedigree, I sounds like he is capable of finding the right person. Who else is involved in the decision making?

My guess is that a 2-8 season where the team quit mid-season is what prompted the coaching change. The right coach can turn around any program. I've been following high school football for over forty years in several states I have lived and seen it happen over and over. It often takes some house cleaning to get the bad apples out of the barrel, get discipline instilled, and get the energy going in the right direction, but any coach worth his weight knows that.

Who is making the decision? I assumed the principal was. With his background and pedigree, I sounds like he is capable of finding the right person. Who else is involved in the decision making?

My guess is that a 2-8 season where the team quit mid-season is what prompted the coaching change. The right coach can turn around any program. I've been following high school football for over forty years in several states I have lived and seen it happen over and over. It often takes some house cleaning to get the bad apples out of the barrel, get discipline instilled, and get the energy going in the right direction, but any coach worth his weight knows that.

It is obvious you do not know.

Okay Taco, let's do this real slow.The team did not quit at anytime,there were no bad apples,there was discipline, and the coaches did a very good job with what they had. So,with that being said you do not know what you are talking about.

Okay Taco, let's do this real slow.The team did not quit at anytime,there were no bad apples,there was discipline, and the coaches did a very good job with what they had. So,with that being said you do not know what you are talking about.

In fairness to Taco, he was didn't accuse the team of quitting but instead was replying to another poster who did.

That stretch of the schedule you are talking about produced 4 teams with winning records that went to the playoffs with one winning a state championship. What a dumb statement.

Ok powerkitty, lets do this real slow. It was cougarblack that said the team quit mid season, I just picked up on it and made a statement. After making a few calls, there was minimal discipline from the top and it was known that certain players were given special treatment. There was talent on the team and you won two games. There was more talent walking the halls at CHS and they didnt want to play because of the coach and the sloppiness of what was being allowed to happen with the lack of discipline. Everyone says the outbound coach was a great guy, but it was always followed with a "but".

Hey, there is nothing wrong with being loyal. But it definitely sounds like a coaching change was needed.

I'm on your side. Gee, the word always was that Centennial holds themselves back from their internal strife. I'm a newly converted fan and and am already seeing it. Holy cow, this is even more evidence that a change was needed.

As I said before, the right coach can turn this foolishness around. Certainly doesnt sound like that person is you.

I am not a coach and only time will tell if the right coach can turn it around. As for players ,I do not think Centennial has very many if any that could start on any of the teams Centennial play.

Are you talking about on the team, or ones walking the halls and not playing?

Are you talking about on the team, or ones walking the halls and not playing?

I only saw the ones on the field,so those are who I am talking about. As for the kids you say can play that are in the halls,I have never known any kid not play that is a real player. I guess we will know if the new coach can get them out. Once again ,I have never known a good player not play because if he could he would regardless of the coach or anything else.